MetroGel

Comment from: daowens, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 25

I was diagnosed with Rosacea 4 weeks ago. I had painful pimples all over my face. My dermatologist prescribed Metrogel to be used once each day, with an oral antibiotic, Doxycycline 100mg, twice each day. Today ws my 1 month check-up and my face looks so much better. I have to continue using Metrogel daily.

Related Reading: rosacea | metrogel | doxycycline

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

it took four years to find a diagnosis and treatment for what my new doctor says is rosacea. She prescribed Metro-gel cream .75% plus duflican 100 mg (anti-fungal) I promise you, I began to see results the next day. No itching or burning with this cream. (I dont tolerate gels well) cream works better. This combination is a miracle. Please use a mild castile soap cleanser to better pamper your skin while healing. I love this metro-gel. Doctor said it would take 3 weeks to see results. But not me, I saw them immediately.

Related Reading: rosacea

Comment from: aquaholic78, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 09

After having incorrect 'diagnosis' for my ever-getting-worse redness around my mouth and nose, I finally received a prescription for this from one doctor. It has saved my face!!!! It's incredible!!! It took about a week for it to really start working, but it cleared up the random breakouts, and extreme redness.

Comment from: debzjar, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

At first I wasn't using this medication consistantly but I have been for the past year and what a big difference! My face isn't dry and I haven't had any breakouts for a long time.

Comment from: RickS, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 12

Interesting how a topical application can be so effective so quickly. I have used this medicine since the mid 1990's when needed. While there is appearently no cure, the symtoms are controlled very well.

Comment from: eire923, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 13

In my 30's I was suddenly facing acne-like facial breakouts along with facial redness. I was perplexed and thought I was dealing with a make-up allergy! Even my doctor diagnosed me with adult acne and gave me an oral antibiotic. One day a friend asked me if I had Rosacea--I had never heard of it. I went to my doctor with this information and was prescribed Metrogel/or Metrocream, coupled with an oral antibiotic to take for the first month and with any subsequent flares. It has been almost 15 years and the severe symptoms have never returned. I use the cream, because it seems to work better for me--I swear by it and don't let a day go by without using it at least once a day, sometimes twice. It's fabulous!

Related Reading: acne | allergy | metrocream

Comment from: Beautiful, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 08

I have suffered from rosacea for almost 30 years. I felt I looked awful and had to cover my skin with thick makeup. I was finally given this by a new dermatologist (in addition to an oral antibiotic for the first 60 days). I used this at night (and use Finacea in the morning). I have seen a 95% improvement in my skin after about 2 1/2 to 3 months. I am now comofrtable going makeup-free and still feel I look great! In fact, I have been told by many people that I look 10 years younger than I am...I work in a beauty store, of all places. Don't stop using your rx unless your derma tells you to! It can take time to see results.

Related Reading: finacea

Comment from: catbel228, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 22

I've only been on Metrogel for about ten days, but so far, so good. I've so far noticed a decrease in redness and my skin feels much smoother and far less "angry-looking." I use it at night, with Finacea in the morning. My dermatologist also recommended using only Dove Free soap to wash with, and salt/cool water soaks for five minutes two times per day, which is actually very soothing. I've had this problem for so long, thought it was just acne, so I've been attacking it with every product I could find, which was only making my skin worse, more irritated and horrible-looking - I'm so glad I finally made that appt. and read your reviews - they were very helpful and encouraging!

Comment from: ?, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 15

I find that the metrogel tends to pill or peel off my skin especially when I apply moisturizer or sun block lotion/cream. Also, Medco mail pharmacy does not recommend it and I have to pay considerably more for it than other treatments they prefer...but they wont tell me what those treatments are.

Related Reading: metrogel

Comment from: Marge, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 30

I developed rosacea about one year ago. My dermatologist started me w/ using the Metrogel daily at night time & with time my face lokkd like me again. I am very pleased w/ the results I received by using Metrogel.

Related Reading: rosacea | metrogel

Comment from: happypatient, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 03

First time in my life without acne! Need I say more? I've been using it for approximately 15 months. I use the 1% in the morning only. What a life changer! I am so thankful that my aesthetician recognized the condition, and that my dermatologist prescribed it for me. I highly recommend this product!

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 02

Easy to use and very effective. I've tried every other ointment out there (both over the counter and prescription) Metrogel has been the most effective. I've noticed at least 90% improvement. Haven't experienced any side effects. It did take at least 6 weeks however before I noticed a difference.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

I've only been using this for one week with a frequency of every other night. The persistent acne that rosacea caused is completely gone. I'm stunned! I've never had anything work so well.

Comment from: Kevin24_7, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 29

It takes awhile and there is occasional outbursts but it does work. I used to get those red blind pimples with no head on my nose and cheekbone area and it cleared it up in about 2months but I get an occasional out break when I am under great stress, so part of my therapy is learning to relax and cope, take each day and its problems as they come. You can only do your best and the outcome can not always be changed in fact most of the time, in retrospect you worried for nothing. I cannot stress this advice enough, stress kills and you might end up with a huge red pimple on the end of your nose...Oh Nooo lol Kevin.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 24

i've been on this for a little over two years and my skin looked so great i stopped using it for a few months.. then i had another break out, gave it a few weeks to clear up on its own and when it didn't, i started back up with it and my skin is already greatly improved and it's only been two days since i started using it again.. this stuff works wonders!

Comment from: Nopurplecar, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 26

Only been using it for 2 weeks so I hope to rate it higher in the coming weeks. By the way, go to the website and print a card that will let you purchase for no more than 20 bucks.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 13

I just developed acne rosacea a month and a half ago after extreme stress and tanning. Once I started using metrogel and stopped tanning, the redness went away in less than a week. I still have tiny little pimples and whiteheads though that have not reduced much at all. I never had these before and I hate them! My derm. prescribed it once a day w/ Oracea (oral antibiotic) and I'm still doing both. I am increasing the metrogel to twice a day now to see if I see improvement. My stress level has not reduced much and I notice flares of the acne and redness when I have a particularly stressful event. When I do have redness I use Eucerin redness relief moisturizer that is green tinted and it works wonders!!

Related Reading: oracea

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 30

MetroGel seems to have cured my rosacea. I had incredibly painful tiny white heads covering the apples of my cheeks coupled with sore redness that was actually hot to the touch. I used MetroGel 2X a day religiously for about a month. My skin got a little dry and flaky, but when I decreased my usage and the flakes came off, it was like I had new skin! I still have pink cheeks from having had rosacea for so long (I think some of the capillaries are busted) but my skin is in great shape. I now use MetroGel about once a week mixed in with a little bit of my night time moisturizer.

Related Reading: metrogel | rosacea

Comment from: belinda, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 08

After being misdiagnosed for 7 years, I had almost given up hope. But Metro Gel has changed my lifr. I used to have to wear a lot of makeup and you could still see the redness, today I went to work with no makeup on and I was so pleased no one noticed or remarked about my face being red for the first time in years.

Comment from: Bmc4mk2, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

Amazing had really bad reaction to another rosacea product cream and this product cleared it up in just 3 days.....

Comment from: g, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

I used MetroGel for about 3 months, it have not done much for me, it did however, keep my rosacea from more break ups. For the last month, I have not been using any creams recommended by dermatologists. I researched on my own about rosacea and found other way that could help. I drink nettle tea, nettle removes all your toxics from your body and makes your blood stronger, I take extra vitamin C. I also apply on my face Vitamin C Serum, and I found out about Mario Badescu and I bought some creams from them for rosacea. Within 3 weeks I notice change in my face, a lot of redness is going away and do not have breaks ups.

Related Reading: nettle

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 09

In three days is cleared up my rosacea, I truly do not think I need anything else!

Comment from: lorri, 35-44 (Patient) Published: June 13

After another visit to my GP in tears with the skin of a teenager (I'm 41). She precribed metrogel. Took a few weeks but now my skin is blemish free and soft. I've been prescribed it on repeat prescription which in Scotland is free. Amazing.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 21

I had rosacea for a number of years before I took the problem to the doctor who then treated it with Metrogel. The symptoms lessoned quickly, and I maintained my clear skin with once daily use. Then began to use it only when I saw symptoms beginning. I highly recommend this product.

Related Reading: metrogel

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 03

Works great! You have to be patient however. It takes about 3 weeks for this to work, but the end result is amazing! My skin has cleared and looks flawless.