Microzide

Comment from: happy, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

I had blood pressure of 150/110. Doc check my leg and put pressure with his thumb on my shinbone. It left a big indentation. He said the my body was holding fluids and causing me to have high blood presure.Taken for 2 weeks blood pressure ranges 116/75 to 125/82 works for me

Comment from: mamahawk, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 06

THE ONLY BAD SIDE EFFECT I BELIEVE IS CAUSED BY THIS DRUG IS HAIR BREAKAGE AND LOSS.THE GREAT SIDE EFFECT IS WEIGHT LOSS.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 04

I have been taking the generic Hchlorothiazide for about 1 year, and it has kept my blood pressure at 120/80 or less with no side effects that I am aware of.

Comment from: anonymous, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 01

My Dr. prescribed the 12.5 caps for my consistent borderline high bloodpressure. at times it seems to work fine at other times, when i'm stressed it does not. i have had higher readings. it is also a challenge to keep myself hydrated while taking this as i usually didn't drink alot during the day. she thought this would be the best start for me and for now my Dr. is satisfied so i guess i should be also. i take the generic if that matters to anyone.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 24

My doctor prescribed 12.5 mg of Microzide about 9 months ago for high blood pressure. Initially, the medication worked very well. However, at my last appointment, the doctor informed me that my blood pressure was elevated despite the use of Microzide. The doctor said that she may increase my dosage at my next appointment. There have been no adverse side effects to report. There has been an increase in the amount of urine produced and frequency to eliminate. This is not a problem as I take the medication in the morning so it does not interfere with sleep.

Related Reading: microzide | high blood pressure

Comment from: Hrsilverfox, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 22

I am taking lisinopril, my blood pressure was not as low as it should have been. My Dr. prescribed in addition to that medication the Microzide. My blood pressure with that added is under control now.

Related Reading: lisinopril

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 28

Have been taking for about 8 months and have had no problems. Seems to be helping keep my blood pressure down.

Comment from: para, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 23

developed hypersensitive vasculitis, didn't bring down blood pressure enough.

Related Reading: vasculitis

Comment from: happy camper, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 01

After trying several other medications with very negative results, this one is a blessing. No more yo-yo bp readings, no more brain fog and lethargy.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 20

I've been taking for 4wks and have had severe dizziness, muscle cramps, irregular heartbeat. I feel very strange. BP is normal but pulse is low. I hope the benefits are worth the side effects

Related Reading: dizziness | muscle cramps

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 16

I've been on this medicene for quite a while, 12.5mg. Then needed to increase to 25mg, I noticed my eyes were very dry, went to eye doctor and he said diurectics can dry eyes out. Got off of it, switched to another med that caused weight gain and swelling of ankles, now thinking of trying to go back on water pill but stay at lower dosage. Others do not seem promising from what i read.

Related Reading: dry eyes

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 22

Works great,no side effects!

Comment from: ?????+QQ/??2754595898???????????????????, 0-2 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

Q/??2754595898??? ??? ???? ???? ???? ???????? ?????????(????????????????,??????????????,????????????) --------------------------------?????? ?????? ???Macy??:15079299972---------------------------------- ?????????(?????????,??????!!!) ???????????????(??????????????,????,????,??,???,??,??,???) ??????????(???????????,?????????) ?????:?????????????????????????????????! ????????????????????????????????????????????,??,DHL??;???????,??????????,???? ??????????????: ?. ???????,???????,??????????1:1???,???????????,????????????! ?. ?????????????,??????????????????????????????????!!!????????????????????????1-3???????,????????,????????????????????,???????????! ?. ????????,?????????,??????????????????,???????,????????? ??-------??????????,????????,????????,????????? -------------------------??????????,????,????,????!!??????????!!

Comment from: KTUN50, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

I AM TAKING A SMALL DOSAGE AND DO NOT FIND THIS TO BE GREATLY EFFECTIVE. I HAVE BECOME TERRIBLY CONSTIPATED AND CAN'T HELP BUT BELIEVE THIS MEDICATION IS TO BLAME.

Comment from: LITLSIS58, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 14

not sure only been taking it for a week

Comment from: ray, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 22

can microzide be mistakeing for any type of speed in drug screen

Related Reading: microzide

Comment from: Judy, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 05

Is it possible to stop taking this medicine after taking it for several years? I feel like I don't need it because I don't retain water only in the summer when it is hot.