Minipress

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 02

I started taking minipress for PTSD, and have no side efects other than a slight dizzy feelng for a short time after taking the drug. It passes, and I m fine. I have had only a few panic attacks since on this medication, and they have been greatly deminished........

Related Reading: minipress | panic attacks

Comment from: Kris , 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 26

I have been on Minipress for a year now for PTSD. I am on a very low dose of 2mg twice a day. I used to move around at night,swing and kick violently at night. Lets say my wife didn't like it! Drug effect: stopped those symptom by 95% I also had vivid horrible dreams which this drug reduced 70%. No side affects....I recommend starting at very low dose first. In conjunction I take Valium 5mg three times a day PRN when I am in public. Minipress also decreased my need for Valium by 20%. I am a retired paramedic and had never heard of this drug until a social worker recommended for me to look into it. It's a go for me.........and I have been on every medicine known to man until I was told of this. I recommend it!

Related Reading: minipress | valium

Comment from: Jer OC, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

Has significantly decreased my nightmares, and also has lowered my blood pressure. I was skeptical a medication would work for nightmares... It lowers my blood pressure and blocks the adrenaline that increases P.T.S.D. related nightmares/night terrors.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: lanelocust48, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 12

It has been useful in helping to not have so many flashbacks. I have tried to come off of it and as usual, the flashbacks and other symptoms of PTSD comes back! So...I know this drug does work! At least it does for me!

Comment from: gary kilo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 07

I suffer from severe combat post traumatic stress disorder which causes severe nightmares. Upon starting this drug my nightmares stopped almost immediately. After missing a dose one night, I suffered 3 severe trauma induced nightmares. Upon continuing the prescribed dose, the nightmares were gone. The drug works amazing for combat PTSD related nightmares. My quality of life has been dramatically increased as a direct result.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: 13-18 (Patient) Published: October 28

After two nights of taking this medication i had severe palpitations and completely passed out. I was taken off the medication after.

Related Reading: palpitations

Comment from: Infantry, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 10

I went from the super light sleeper up @ the slightest bump.....Too sleeping like a rock no more nightmares no sitting up in bed waking my wife up....I was very doubtful that of this medication.Im veryhard to get to sleep Not Anymore...Try it if reccommended there is one draw back it is very hard to wake up in the morning..

Comment from: wahoo, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 27

a Vietnam veteran ,combat vet and the nightmares are some what diminished ,still have nightmares of the things I did and saw but not as bad 63 year old ,it won't be long., I take 1MG a day

Comment from: jberg2011, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 21

This has worked remarkably for me. I was having horrible nightmares. I was even trying to escape the nightmare physically. I couldn't believe that I didn't have any flashback nightmares anymore.

Comment from: PTSDmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 31

It has worked amazingly to stop nightmares. I take 2 mg before bed. I did experience some dizziness at higher dose, but have had no problems since dose has been adjusted. I find that I am able to wake up easily for my children during the night if needed (I also prescribed up to 9mg of melatonin for sleep). Panic attacks have been greatly reduced, although I do still have some anxiety through out the day.

Related Reading: dizziness | melatonin | panic attacks

Comment from: xgrimm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 08

It has really helped with the nightmares I get. I am happy with it, a little after taking it I do feel a little dizzy but it goes away after about 30 minutes. The only thing I guess that would be on the bad side is that it makes me sleep like a rock. It takes alot to get me up.

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 03

Diagnosed with Chronic PTSD and DR said to try this medication to assist my sleep and hyper vigilance. Small dose cause severe headache, heart palpitations and on second night, I passed out without notice and collapsed. While on drug, I was vague, unable to drive and could not effectively work or make meaningful conversations. After 4 days, I was taken off it and never used it again. Dr said I had one of the few % of people that has a severe adverse reaction.

Related Reading: headache | palpitations

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 09

My boyfriend was diagnosed with Bi-polar disorder and also suffers from childhood trauma PTSD. The medication alone he was still having his manic stages and his lows, but once the doctor added the minipress to take at night with his seroquel quetiapine, it created wonders for us. He has been very stable after only 30 days and we hope this progresses through out time.

Related Reading: minipress | seroquel | quetiapine

Comment from: Kittybelle, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

Experiencing PTSD-level night terrors after brain damage caused by another medication. Minipress stopped the dreams right away. Doctor initially wanted me on 5mg, but due to side effects (rapid heartbeat and swelling in legs and feet), had to back down to 3mg dose, and have had no side effects since then. This drug is amazing for treatment of the night terrors - down from 4-5 per night to once or twice a week.

Related Reading: minipress

Comment from: Mandy Cake, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

I told my Psych that I would try Mini Press as he stated it would help with my Severe PTSD, nightmares/daymares/flashbacks. I find I sleep 2 hours more however, instead of reducing my nightmares/daymares/flashbacks it has increased them. The vertigo is horrible and lasts all day long so I can not function. Trying to swollow the caps is hard for me as well. Over all, Not a fan of this drug and am weening myself off from it.

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: Happy, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 24

I take Minipress 2mg two times daily for urinary problems connected with Enlarged Prostate and when I started to have urge urination problems. Minipress has worked wonders and I have experienced no side effects.

Related Reading: enlarged prostate

Comment from: fpiragibe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

After 1st dose, my blood pressure dropped to 106x71. Now it's stable, and below 120x80. 'still on trial usage. Noticeable side effects are ankle swelling, mild dizzyness, feeling tired, unable to do physical activities.

Comment from: wayne50, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 05

This is the second drug I"ve tried for an enlarged postdate, which is somewhat effective but both clog my sinus's really bad. You know when you have a cold and your nose gets blocked up..well this is twice as bad. I"m wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if so ,have you found a substitute that doesn't come with this side-effect?

Comment from: Bung, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 16

Been on this Rx (generic- Prasozin) for years for both blood pressure and BPH. Quite effective. BUT, Why in hell has the price gone up 400%?

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: [email protected], 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

given to me for controlling niteterrors

Comment from: littlepeaks, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 30

This was the first high BP medication I was put on in the military. It raised my BP. My Dr. kept increasing my dosage and my BP increased, until at max dosage it was 180/??. It also cause dizziness, fainting, heart palpitations, ED, and at night my back would fall asleep. Finally, they started weaning me off this and put me on lisinopril. As my dosage decreased, my BP decreased. It is now well controlled on a low dose of lisinopril.

Related Reading: dizziness | fainting | palpitations

Comment from: none, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 11

to many tramua in my head

Comment from: gerbercell, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

just started the medication. have been taking losinapril as well as exforge, stopped losinapril and started prazosin 1mg twice a day, and kept taking the exforge 1 qday. blood pressure out of control, consistantly 140 to 150 over 103 to 120's. hoping this new mwdication helps, ongoing headaches, blury vision on and off, sweeting during day and night. have a family history of hypertension, diabetes, heart attacks.

Related Reading: exforge | prazosin | diabetes