Multaq

Comment from: Barb75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 14

My Electrophysiologists prescribed this after a mini maze, 4 cardioversions, and an abliation did not keep in rhythm. At first it made me very nauseas (could not even stand smell of food) That lasted 4 days. Hope this works for me. Not much else left. When I go into afib I end up in CHF.

Comment from: Mike F. 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 18

No drug is perfect but this drug gave me my life back. I have a mechanical heart valve and also have AFIB. Prior to having an ablation and taking this drug I had lost quality of life. Although I often have fatigue I am still able to work, exercise and live my life.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 10

placed on for 90 days and had to be cardioverted x2. Tried exercising and put me back into afib. Terrible diarrhea! twice day dosing and 5 dollars a pill! Too expensive for my taste

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: WH55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 21

Has been effective in preventing intermittent A-Fib and tachycardia due to atrial flutter when taken in combination with a low dose of Metroprolol. Replaces Flecanaide/Metoprolol which quit working after about a year. I have had to cut statin dose in half, don't know how that will affect serum cholesterol. Only side effect has been a metallic taste in mouth between meals.

Related Reading: atrial flutter | cholesterol

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 20

Had side effects in the beginning now hardly notice. Does increase hunger pangs. Have to watch or will gain weight. But do not know what I will do when my money runs out very, very, very expensive.

Comment from: ppierceg75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 30

I have had afib for 5 yrs- was on amiodarone which worked but was always worried about possible side effects, so was switched to Multaq about 2 yrs ago. It's worked well with just a couple breakthrough afib episodes. However, I am now having a lot of vision problems and I'm wondering if they might be related to Multaq and/or Amiodarone.

Related Reading: amiodarone | multaq

Comment from: joeym4565-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 12

Had two ablations, first one was not effective, never really worked. The second worked only after being put on Multaq. As far as I know, I've been ablation free for over three years. Wish I could stop taking Multaq as it is too expensive, however it's keeping me out of AFIB. Because of that I requested to be taken off of blood thinners and was able to do so. Also, I have never had any side effects. This drug has been wonderful.

Related Reading: multaq

Comment from: petras55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 28

I've been on multaq, 2x/day, for about 8 months to treat paroxysmal afib..so far not one afib episode that I'm aware of..only side effect is occasional metallic taste in my mouth..I will be going on medicare part D this year so checking formulary for this expensive drug will be priority..

Related Reading: multaq