Nasonex

Comment from: Kathleenz55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 01

I had been on Nasonex for years for both my allergies and my asthma. But I did have pain when swallowing, dry mouth, nose pain, nausea, coughing headaches, a severe post nasal drip, etc. but this past year the coughing and nausea got so bad I started vomiting which sometimes triggered asthma attacks or caused me to throw up all my nighttime or morning medications I had just taken! I talked to one of my doctors who suggested switching to Azelastine HCL nasal spray instead. He said the post nasal drip was most likely causing several of the symptoms, like coughing, nausea, It doesnâ??t have steroids. I saw my PCP and switched on 8/1/19 starting with 2 sprays in each nostril once daily. I started noticing a difference with a couple weeks. I was coughing less and less nauseous etc. I went back and had it increased to 2 sprays in each nostril 2x daily on 8/19/19. Within another 2 weeks I felt so much better. Most of my symptoms have disappeared. I still have some dry mouth. But I am on other meds too. The Nasonex made me jumpy and the steroids arenâ??t good for you on a long term basis. Iâ??m so happy my doctor discontinued it and put me on Azelastine!

Related Reading: nasonex | asthma | dry mouth

Comment from: Erica Llyn35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 21

At my last visit to the allergist I requested something to use that I could pay with FSA funds. Flonase gave me nosebleeds but Nasacort (OTC) was working well. I waited until I was running low on Nasacort before filling this script to use. I didn't read the prescription - it was a long generic name - but I wish I had...because I would have looked before I leaped. In 5 days time my GI track has been very sluggish and bloated, not a normal problem for me. I was bloated, not hungry (still not hungry) and nauseated. Ok, fine, whatever. I had a problem like that about a year ago. Easy fix. I'd gotten an ear infection the week prior so figured the earache was due to that resurfacing - didn't think of nasal spray. Then, yesterday, I had a brief dizzy spell (I've got an excuse for that one) ... still nothing connecting. Today I've had 3 "brief" dizzy spells and started considering ENT or Neuro. I look up all of my medications eventually. I did look this one up last night - dizziness itself isn't a listed side effect ... but everything else was ... so I searched dizziness specifically - and here I am, with everyone else, having dizzy spells, nauseated, bloated, earache from maybe the infection maybe not... This was the only recent change in anything I'm ingesting. Saving the extra 3-4 dollars a month is NOT worth it.

Related Reading: flonase | dizziness

Comment from: DFE55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 20

While it did help with my constant hayfever problem, unfortunately I appear to have most of the unwanted side affects too - total loss of smell and taste, headaches, red eyes, dry mouth/throat, upset tummy, diahrrea, dreadful joint swelling and pain and other symptoms I'm not sure are related to Nasonex or coincidental. Either way, I would much rather a sneezy runny nose 24/7 than these side effects! My life is hell because of this stuff. I wish I'd never used it.

Related Reading: dry mouth | nasonex

Comment from: Worser55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 17

After 3 months of use for infected sinus, I got sores in my nose, thirsty all the time, tired sleeping 9 hours or more, dry mouth, and now I have a sinus headache...ALL BECAUSE OF THIS MEDICATION. THINGS GOT WORSE NOT BETTER.

Related Reading: dry mouth | headache

Comment from: Wayne Moore65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 26

Nasonex claims it is better than antihistamine. A lie. It has done nothing for me over the past three years. I am going to report their claim to Trade Practices Act as it is downright misleading advertising. Polaromine works. Nasonex doesn't. Forget it

Related Reading: nasonex