Novolog

Comment from: JoeSmith, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

OK I have been using this medication over 2 years It works perfectly! Ya I have had a couple lows.. Thats my fault for over medicating myself! People you need to learn how much Novolog you need measured in Units!!! I started with 2 units at meal times for type 2 diabetes. Now I take up to 15 units at meal times. Like for breakfast and dinner. Im on the sliding scale which is something everyone should learn about! If you use this medication correctly You wont have any problems with it. Most people never learn how to use the medication correctly. or they complain about weight gain... If you start gaining weight GO EXERCISE! I work out 3 to 4 times a week. Even if you cant go to a gym go for a walk or something. Look up Home Exercises on google if you have to. People need to stop complaining about this medication and saying it doesn't work. Stop being lazy!

Related Reading: novolog | type 2 diabetes

Comment from: annie, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 05

I have used novolog now for overa year. It does take care of ur highs but only for a while as they state a quick insulin. Overall it a constant checking of glucose throughout the day. The worst is the weight gain.

Related Reading: novolog

Comment from: Bennynoonan, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 04

Combined with an insulin pump was able to get A1C below 7.0 for the first time in years.

Comment from: freddie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 27

it work good and i am very satisfied with it

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 22

It works great to lower my blood glucose after meals, but it makes my heart beatting very fast, then swollen tonsils and throat tightness!

Comment from: woodchuck954, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 07

I have been using Novolog for under a year and the only reason I am using it is because my insurance company will no longer cover Humalog, which I have used for 30 years. I never had a problem with Humalog turning cloudy but in the past few months I have had to throw away 3 bottles of Novolog because they turned cloudy in the bottle. I am on an insulin pump and I change tubing every 3 days. The last bottle of Novolog I opened I filled the insulin pump one time and 3 days later when I went to fill it again the insulin was cloudy. The Novolog had an expiration date of 12/2014 and is control # BZF0540. The insulin is fine when stored in the refrigerator but I carry it in my pocket in a plastic case made for that purpose. I fill my pump 4 times from a bottle which should equate to about 12 days of use from one 10ml. bottle of Novolog and it is turning cloudy after 1 or 2 uses causing a lot of waste. I keep unused bottles in the refrigerator and 1 bottle at room temperature. This product is inferior to Humalog and I don't like insurance companies dictating which products I can and cannot use as peoples lives are at stake. I also have had days of high blood sugar until I figured out the insulin had turned cloudy and was no longer effective. What good is an insulin that only lasts a few days at room temperature? My doctor tells me she only uses Novolog when treating patients in the hospital and that Humalog and Novolog are basically identical but I suggest in a hospital setting temperature is more controlled and there are fewer variables than when 1 person uses 1 bottle until empty. I am also seeing bubbles in the bottle as well as cloudiness.

Related Reading: humalog

Comment from: woozle4296, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

The only problem with this product is that I cannot afford this medication. I am on Social Security, and though I have insurance, the deductible is $135.00 every 28 days, and I cannot afford this medication.

Comment from: wakeup, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 01

Got to see Doctor (again) Night sweats and very rapid heart beat. Heart beating at 106 wears me out.

Related Reading: night sweats

Comment from: sandit42, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

makes me feel nausea and no energy

Comment from: RogerG, Published: January 24

Delivery system is flawed. It is not just one pen or one box. I have had several pens where depressing the plunger is very difficult resulting in pen movement or pain.. monologue has replaced an entire box because of one flawed pen. I will be requesting my doctor for an alternative

Comment from: KevinC, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 04

Use to use the medications in pen form. I now use vials in my insulin pump and it has made a big difference. 12.89 A1C before pump went down to 5.7 A1C with insulin pump therapy. The long lasting insulin had little effect and switching to all rapid insulin solved my problems. Now my weight is going back down easily where before I couldn't keep from gaining a pound. Well controlled on insulin pump therapy!!

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 05

Easy to use with a sliding scale. Conveniant pen that I can keep in my shirt pocket and looks like an ordinary pen. Loud clicking while setting the dose and injecting does make it difficult to be discreet though good for the visually impaired.

Comment from: latonia, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

very good results

Comment from: Deb, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 29

On Insulin Pump for about 1 year and very happy. So much easy to have my diabetes under control. DM type 1 is very tricky, discipline is the key for the success.

Related Reading: diabetes

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 16

been using on a sliding scale and is working well. I am happy with it and will comtinue to use it.

Comment from: musicstand, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

I take 10units before supper, and whatever I eat sugare readings are very high

Comment from: biggun, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 10

i have been using this product with the pump for 5yrs. plus and have been really satisfied. i have to change the infusion site every three days or less. i by that time need to refill the cartridge with insulin anyway. the pump is all i have used with this insulin. never have i had to inject it with a syringe. the pump is set to give me my needed dosage 24/7 and then i adjust for meals.

Comment from: softball, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 29

I have been using it for a long time through injections and infusion pumpbut now i have beengetting high blood sugars readings. i have and infection so i don't know if it's the antrobitic i am on or it is the infection.

Comment from: charbey, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

I find using this medication works sometime immediately and other times it not as fast acting as they say. I do get the jitters and sometime a rush. Somewhat pleased with it.

Comment from: 13-18 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: September 26

It is very effective in maintaining blood sugars, and the intake of carbs/sugars. I would not recommend for someone with a extremely active lifestyle since it is fast-acting, and can cause drops in your blood sugar more than you've ever experienced.

Comment from: Proofer5, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 13

Have used Novolog flexpens since 2004 with no problems except over the last few months. Several instances of plunger sticking (but may be needle prob vs pen issue) and more concerning, I've had to toss 3 pens in last few months because the medicine simply was not doing its job. Began new pens each time and levels went right down. If this continues will seek alternative, as this is unhealthy for me and too costly to be tossing just to find one in box that is effective.

Related Reading: novolog

Comment from: Unhappy, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 02

Both sample pens are defective. They don't dispense the meds even after priming - on the next shot the previous one comes out when the pen is primed. Which means no medicine was delivered. Followed all directions and been using long term insulin for 5 years so not the operator.

Diabetes: What Raises and Lowers Your Blood Sugar Level? See Slideshow
Comment from: BarbJanuary, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 16

Diabetes is Very Hard Work. It's up to you. I've been type 1 for 45 years. I'm 51. It's a tough life but it beats the alternative. I use novolog in an insulin pump. A1C is 6.2-6.4. I had years of poor control and then I decided I'd rather be healthy. Much better decision!

Related Reading: diabetes | novolog

Comment from: Robert, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 26

It works for lowering glucose, but I sweat like crazy and shiver uncontrollably. The info on the internet scares me. I want to go back to my doctor.

Comment from: Mickey, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 02

I have had diabetes for two years now, after spending a week in the ICU, $70,000 bill. Using this medication alone is not enough for me, blood sugar levels swing high to low. I was taking between 5-10 units 4-5 times a day when I took this medicine by its-self. Taken with long lasting Lantus, 40 units per night, I have been able to maintain my sugar levels very well, and while staying on a very strict diet, I have recently, on occasion, not needed to use the Aspart (Novolog)for a day or two. Which I enjoy not having to get poked with the needle so much.

Related Reading: diabetes | lantus | novolog