Onglyza

Comment from: ursula 75 or over Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: April 01

my blood sugar goes very very low

Comment from: James 65-74 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 27

I'm a type 2 diabetic for going on 10 years. I've tried lantus injections and Novolog injections with metformin with some positive results. Then I was prescribed onglyza 2.5 mg and had fantastic results. Just wanted to say Thank you for what I think is the best drug I've tried.

Related Reading: lantus | novolog | onglyza

Comment from: needs a good med 45-54 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: May 23

No noticeable difference in BS readings. Headaches, 15 lb weight gain in 6 months, because you are hungry all the time. Added 2 miles a day of walking, or would have gained even more. Headaches, sore throat for months. Expensive...how did this one get by the FDA ?

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: reviewer diab 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 21

A1C 7.8 Added this medication PLUS 3 miles of walking. A1C 5 weeks later: 7.7 Absolutely ineffective. Probably RAISED blood sugar, as I would expect 3 miles of walking to reduce blood sugar more than .1 Not only does not work, but very expensive and dangerous side effects if you read the patient info leaflet.

Comment from: Pam 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: November 01

Terrible Confusion, continuous runny nose, sore throat, headache, arthritis pain became worst Miserable time trying to sleep. I stopped taking after 2 weeks.

Related Reading: sore throat | headache | arthritis

Comment from: diabetic58 55-64 Female Patient Published: September 21

Actually made my blood glucose readings go UP an average of 20 to 30 points. Expensive ($10 a pill at this time) AND WORSE than useless.

Comment from: diabtic on onglyza 55-64 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: August 24

have been taking the drug 2 weeks. Killer headache every day, not effective lowering blood sugar...actually a little higher than before I started taking it. Price is outrageous...$10 a day. (my insurance pays for it, but for that price I expect it to work better without side effects).

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: little general 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: May 13

I am currently taking Onglyza for my type 2 diabetes once a day. My levels have not really decreased. I am still in the range of 7.5 to 8...My diet is right on target and so are my exercise routines....I can't inject or test monitor/lancet. I am not going to continue to increase my pill intake by another pill form medication. What does one do?

Related Reading: onglyza | diabetes

Comment from: SomeoneNormal 35-44 Male 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 07

my sex drive returned. this is the best dam drug ever. i poop regularly too! it has brought my sugar levels down to a normal level. Plus what most people dont realize is they also have to change their diet. you can't just take a pill and keep eating Junk food and expect your sugar levels to be Normal.. I have read most of the reviews and see that most diabetics are very stupid people!

Comment from: ACinKC 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: March 22

It worked well at getting my numbers down but I had severe dry mouth and my feet were swollen to the point of not being able to wear some shoes. My doctor took me off.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: rs 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: January 12

i have gained 10 lbs in 5 months taking this medication. I as of today am not taking it anymore. I have also had dry eyes, never had that before.

Related Reading: dry eyes

Comment from: 65-74 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: August 26

Have taken this drug for almost a year. Now it is not working, also having headaches. BS have gotten higher and have gain some weight.

Comment from: Beaware 65-74 Male 6 months to less than 1 year Caregiver Published: August 26

my wife was taking onglyza and months later was diagnose with pancreatic cancer.please watch for signs of body pain when taking this medicine.

Related Reading: onglyza | pancreatic cancer

Comment from: katjamb1 35-44 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: August 10

Have been on it for almost 2 years. My A1C has gone up. I recently stopped taking it and my bloog sugars have actually come down. With all the bad press surrounding this drug, I do not find it to be worth the risk in continuing to take.

Comment from: Gailo 55-64 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: October 22

This little pill works wonderful for me. I do get the headaches and leg pains but the fact that my blood sugar is no longer in the 300's is awesome! I don't even have to use my insulin!! It is a GREAT pill.

Comment from: 45-54 Male 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: June 28

Worked really good for 6 Months ,Then nothing , The Headaches were debilitating ..

Comment from: Susie 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: June 02

I have experienced leg pain, and skin rashes on my legs. Blood sugar really hasn't improved that much. Anyone else scared to take Onglyza?

Related Reading: onglyza

Comment from: cylas 55-64 Male 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: March 31

ok so far

Comment from: 35-44 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: January 20

it works fine but insurance co. won't cover so now have to use tradjenta good luck everyone.

Related Reading: tradjenta