Onglyza

Comment from: James65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 27

I'm a type 2 diabetic for going on 10 years. I've tried lantus injections and Novolog injections with metformin with some positive results. Then I was prescribed onglyza 2.5 mg and had fantastic results. Just wanted to say Thank you for what I think is the best drug I've tried.

Related Reading: lantus | novolog | metformin

Comment from: needs a good med45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 23

No noticeable difference in BS readings. Headaches, 15 lb weight gain in 6 months, because you are hungry all the time. Added 2 miles a day of walking, or would have gained even more. Headaches, sore throat for months. Expensive...how did this one get by the FDA ?

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: Pam55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 01

Terrible Confusion, continuous runny nose, sore throat, headache, arthritis pain became worst Miserable time trying to sleep. I stopped taking after 2 weeks.

Related Reading: sore throat | headache | arthritis

Comment from: reviewer diab55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 21

A1C 7.8 Added this medication PLUS 3 miles of walking. A1C 5 weeks later: 7.7 Absolutely ineffective. Probably RAISED blood sugar, as I would expect 3 miles of walking to reduce blood sugar more than .1 Not only does not work, but very expensive and dangerous side effects if you read the patient info leaflet.