Orencia

Comment from: Egf55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 08

I've taken Orencia for about a year and a half.During this time, my hands and feet have continually worsened, and I also have hip pain, which I did n't have before. My back and knees remain about the same. I'm 57 and have had arthritis for about 20 years, so I'm not expecting miracles, but expected a better result, since I go to the gym 5 times a week to try to support my joints. I take plaquenil, methotrexate, prednisone,and meloxicam in addition to Orencia.

Related Reading: orencia | hip pain | arthritis

Comment from: Robbie55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 10

I have been on Orencia (3 months) and Methotrexate (2 years). This past couple weeks I have felt horrible. Depressed, flu like symptoms, tired, sore throat and heavy breathing. I have been tring to figure out what is wrong. When I seen this page I felt better that I am not the only one. I am wondering how long this is going to last? Can't wait until Orencia is OUT of my systems!

Related Reading: orencia | methotrexate | flu

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 16

I was diagnosed about 16 years ago and have tried at least 12 drugs. Nothing lasted very long until Orencia. I have been receiving infusion for about a year and I feel better than I have in years. This drug has helped me have a life again!

Related Reading: orencia

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 02

I have had a great response to this medication, and the staff who administers it is so good. They explain everything, and I am looking forward to it's continued use, as it has had such a profound effect on me.

Comment from: Lynxmomma35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 14

I think I've been on this for at least six months. Fuzzy thinking, tired, depressed, flu symptoms. Not sure it is helping. Will definitely ask for a new drug/new idea in December when I see my Rheumo Doc.

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: Luisa55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 15

I had the worse experience with this Orencia medicine. I kept waiting for the six months that They said it takes to work. In the process, I got worse than ever . It not only didn't work but made me worse. I was so mad that I waited so long in vain. I will never try another medication that supposedly take that long to work.

Related Reading: orencia

Comment from: Martha75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 12

Started 2 months ago. First time blood pressure dropped dangerously low, felt terrible. Helped my joint swelling somewhat. Second time again felt terrible, pain in lower back, legs, nausea, diatthea, headache, went back to doctor, who said he thought I had fibromyalgia. Waiting to get in to g.p. Don't think I wat to take it anymore

Related Reading: headache | fibromyalgia

Comment from: linda55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 26

At first after the 2 months I felt great then the 3rd month pain returned and have been loosing alot of hair and am not sure if it will come back. Wish they manufacturer would explain this as a side affect and how to treat it.

Comment from: Nancy 65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 20

I have suffered with psoriatic arthritis for over 15 years bi used Enbrel until I got on Medicare then I could not afford that drug. I tried Remicaid for 10 months but was allergic to it bafter suffering for 3 years Orencia is working for me. I am so grateful. I am sorry for those still suffering. Try another infusion it may work.

Related Reading: arthritis | enbrel | orencia