Pepcid

Comment from: lee, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: January 27

I was diagnoses with an hiatal hernia which causes occasional heartburn especially lying down. I did not want to continue on the various 24hr acid reducer perscriptions because of side effects etc. I felt that I just needed to protect my esophagus from acid damage at night. I am happy to say that after 10 years of nightly use and a follow up endoscopy, my esophagus is VERY healthy!

Related Reading: hernia | heartburn

Comment from: sunshine, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

Tried Prilosec first however it gave me terrible headaches. Went to generic Pepcid and after about 2 or 3 weeks noticed significant improvement. Now I take it to keep the symptoms at bay. I take 10MG two times a day.

Related Reading: prilosec | pepcid

Comment from: Aletheia, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I ended up taking this drug the last month of pregnancy because my heartburn was so bad I could not sleep. It worked. however after having my baby (this is my 4th) my heartburn usually goes away. I stopped taking the medicine but the heartburn gradually increased I think it lowered the acid in my stomach and made things worse I looked and looked for alternatives after reading the side effects of the medicine and found a cancer blog all of them were talking about how the chemotherapy gave them terrible heartburn and the medicines side effects. They said to try Apple cider vinegar organic and raw I tried it (3 teaspoons in water and honey 3 times a day) and it worked no joke it was amazing this is the first time I can say that a homeopathic medicine worked It has made me feel great. I hate hate hate heartburn.

Related Reading: pregnancy | cancer

Comment from: Bob, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 20

Eliminated symptoms and allowed me to sleep. One tablet in the morning and one at night. don't forget to drink a full glass of water after swallowing chewable tablet. May need additional tablet at bedtime if acid reflux or indigestion is active. No negative reactions. No bad side effects. Great product for me.

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: anne, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 18

Seems to work, but after 60 days I really am noticing a terrible smell to my urine and now my breath! Do not know if that's normal or not. Otherwise, feeling better, no gastric spasms since two weeks into therapy.

Comment from: netty, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

it has not work for me It gave me heart palpatitions

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 30

This medication worked, but the skin problems developed were horrible. A rash on the thighs, back and chest and leg swelling twice the normal size. The skin is black and pebbly, and I had to be put on antibiotics to get rid of the secondary infection. Not a safe product as far as I am concerned.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: lugstad, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 06

Helps to take in AM or at bedtime.

Comment from: toner man, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

i hav been dealimg with gerd for years and it seemed that all the medications i would try it gave me a alergic reaction but this product finally worked thank you pepcid

Related Reading: pepcid

Comment from: Rosie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 04

While I still experience some GERD, it is not as severe.

Related Reading: gerd

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 23

I have taken 10 mg Generic Famotidine tablets prior to bed as needed for 6 months to control GERD. Recently, I find that I experience heart palpitations and shortness of breath 1 hour after oral administration.

Related Reading: famotidine | gerd | palpitations

Comment from: abdellah, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 22

ulcer stomach

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 26

presure in the epigastric region it is,this leads to elevation of the diaphragm, and secondary displacement of the heart causing stimulation of the vagus nerve and a variety of cardiac symptoms, e.g. arrhythmia, sinus bradycardia, Causes my heart to race very fast. As long as I take atleast one or two pepcid's a day, I don't have this problem. I did have a cardiac ablation to stop the heart beats from going over 200 bpms, but I still have the bumping up of the gas that bumpts up my heart beat, I can feel it when it does it and I take a pepcid when it starts. They had given it to me in IV at the emergency room one time to stop the problem. I do not take more that 10mg at a time though.

Related Reading: arrhythmia | pepcid

Comment from: vineseeker, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

Have been dealing with acid reflux for over a year, longer but not consistent like now. Tried Prilosec, Nexium, Zantac, digestive enzymes, alkaline diet, alkaline water, Aciphex, Tums, etc. What I did not like about Pepcid was that after a couple of months I developed breathing problems and heart palpitations. These symptoms required that I sleep sitting up along with the return of acid reflux. I refused to increase the dosage from 10 mg to 20 mg. As I would be dozing off each evening I would suddenly awaken by what felt like I stopped breathing and my heart stopped beating. It became very scary. Two days ago I decided to stop the Pepcid altogether and the breathing has become less laborious. Last night I only awoke to one episode of sudden (seemingly) heart failure. However, I do experience the acidic stomach and will try Prevacid next. Some of the reviews on it are somewhat promising. The Prilosec made me jittery and dizzy. As did most of the PPI's. Here's hoping the Prevacid, although a PPI, will be different.

Related Reading: prilosec | nexium | zantac

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 27

Have been taking famotidine 40mg for several months, usually 1 tab in the morning, sometimes take another tab before bedtime depending on what I had for dinner

Related Reading: famotidine

Comment from: Handytim, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

Had to go to ER for analyptic shock due to ingesting half a dose of new multi-vitamin supplement that had spirulina in it...they stabilized me w/ IV w/ Benadrl and Pepcid, explaining that Pepcid is an also a histamine 2 blocker(news to Me) Its beeen a slow recovery but most swelling to my face in gone, and Ive taken both drugs by mouth for 10 days now, along antibiotic and a short dose of prednisone

Related Reading: shock | pepcid | prednisone

Comment from: Flo, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

This med is great to take at nite for heartburn ( I have a 40 mg perscription - generic ) . But I can't take for daytime - it makes me too dizzy and headache thru-out the day.

Related Reading: heartburn | headache

Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions See Slideshow
Comment from: Skeeter, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 07

I was prescribed generic Pepcid 40 MG by my doctor (one tablet twice a day). In the third week of therapy, I became very depressed. It felt like a black dark sphere had entered my brain. I am never depressed. Basically, depression is just not me. I discontinued the medication and within a month all symptoms of depression were gone.

Related Reading: pepcid | depression

Comment from: Bettea, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 25

After having an Endoscopy, I was diagnosed with Esophagitis, a condition that can lead to Esophageal cancer. I was prescribed a Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI). After researching that they have potentially serious side effects of bone loss in older adults, causing hip fractures and teeth falling out due to jaw bone loss, I requested another option. My Doctor prescribed Pepcid. I began taking Pepcid (famotidine) 20 mg., once per day, 30 minutes before bed. It worked great, I can buy it over the counter and it is not expensive. Try this first before a PPI, and good luck!

Comment from: Blanche, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 22

Just diagnosed with this so far so good. must take it two times a day for 8wks.

Comment from: Granny, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 11

First off my granddaughter was told by her kidney doctor to take Pepcid.It worked for her so I was using Rolida"s and still having trouble.Started using Pepcid and it works right off.