Pexeva

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 07

I have tried about every anti-deppressant on the market over the yrs. Very few worked and only for a short time. Pexeva has been great, I'm back to my old self. Happy looking forward to tomorrow and taking care of my life again. I think it's great!!!!

Related Reading: pexeva

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 28

I have only been on Pexeva for a week. I am not sure if its working for my depression as yet, however it is working wonders for my appetite, I have none I have to make myself eat. I also have a constant stomach discomfort my stomach stays upset, and I think my vision is worse and I am sweating excessively but only in my face the sweat just pours off my face. Does anyone else have this. I have been on so many depression meds that had no effect. This one helps with my appetite but the stomach problem is making me nervous, I do not want to get ulcers.

Related Reading: depression

Comment from: KeepItHealthy1954, on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 09

Of all of the drugs that I have taken for my depression, panic attacks, anxiety disorder and agoraphobia. Pexeva has been the best for treating my disorders, not healing them completely but making me comfortable enough where it is tolerable. I have not had any side affects on this drug but when I took others I had terrible side affects. I take Pexeva 30mg 1/2 am. and 1/2 pm. along with Trazadone at night.

Related Reading: panic attacks | anxiety | agoraphobia

Comment from: lizzie1227, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 10

This medication has worked wonders for me. A couple of things that i have noticed since i've been on the medication; change in sex drive, lots of sweating. I have gone a couple of days without medication and i feel i am going insane. Cannot be with out it. I have been on the medication for 3 years now.

Comment from: all4shoos, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 12

I started taking Pexeva a week after I had my second panic attack. I'm happy to say it was my last. With the panic attack came constant feeling of anxiety and mild depression. All I could think about was when the next PA would strike. Within a month I felt better. After 3 months like a new person. I have been off of anti-depressants for about 3 months now, but felt the need to share as Pexeva is fairly new and I thought this might be helpful to someone. I helped me so much!

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 21

I was in a depression but the worst was the anxiety that accompanied it. Once the drug started to work, about two weeks I have been able to return to a normal life ( to the thankfulness of friends and family). The worst side effect was a weight gain and tremors at night and loss of sexual drive but living without the panic over rides all.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: Paxman, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 09

20 Mgs/day has helped me to function in the high stress environment of an inner city public high school. Drowsiness, occasional yawning, and decreased libido are the side effects I can live with.

Related Reading: stress

Comment from: JCF, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

Controlled mood and anxiety perfectly. Made me so tired I wanted to do nothing but sleep, so what's the point of improved mood?

Comment from: mw6344, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 19

Like many others' here, I have taken many other medications for depression since 1998, but this one seems to be the best. I take 1 30mg daily and am back to my old self.

Comment from: whoba0302, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 30

I started taking this medicine after I began to deal with Panic and Anxiety attacks(40mg a day), also I was taking .50 of xanax, and I must say that it did the job with in 3 months, and I have stayed panic free for almost year now. But I must warn you when it comes to the side effects, when I begin the medicine the side effects weren't so bad, maybe alittle but of nausea for the first week and a slight headache. But once I was on it for a good 5 months and if I had missed a day it was hell! Starting with brain shocks(electric pulses) which were constant until I could get my next dose, also the nausea was horrible. Not to mention I gain 50 + pounds since starting it. Completely took away my sex drive, which was very hard for me at 23 yrs of age and newly married. I'am now 25 and we are trying to have a baby so coming off of it was a must, because of the dangers it poses to an unborn baby. After talking to my doctor and slowly coming off of it, it still has been hell! It is taking upwards of 2 months to fully come off and I still feel sick :( So please if you decide to take this medicine, be prepared to deal with some serious side effects.

Related Reading: anxiety | xanax | headache

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 25

I have been taking Pexeva 20mg once a day for about a year. Recently, I ran out of pills and within 3 days I was miserable. The worst of it was that I thought something was wrong with my ears. I kept having this weird sensation when I stood up or when I talked. After I went back on Pexeva I was fine.

Related Reading: pexeva

Comment from: MLittlebit, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 15

I have been on so many different types of medications to help with severe depression, anixety and phobias, and none of them worked. This is the first medication I have been on that I feel mild to no depression, mild to no anixety and mild to no phobia. My boyfriend says that if I quit taking this medication, he will leave because he cannot handle the old me (and almost left until I started taking this medication). The only down fall, it is harder to orgasm. My sex drive has sky rocketted, but my orgasm has depreciated quite a bit. My friends and family say that I am calmer, more positive and fun to be around. Like my childhood personality that left so many years ago has come back to life. All I know, is I love being able to get up every morning with no gray cloud over my head, go out into public with no fear of crowds or people and complete my daily tasks without any hesitation. Great feeling!!

Related Reading: depression | phobias

Comment from: deanima99, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 10

I have tried more than 5 different medications for anxiety and depressions, most in the SSRI category, and some others. Pexeva is the only one I've found that is *both* effective *and* gives me minimal side effects. I did not gain the weight on Pexeva that I did with Paxil, nor do I feel lethargic in the same way. I had a negative reaction, or really bad side effects with many others: Prozac, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lexapro, and Zoloft. I have now been on Pexeva for 3 years, and I feel great! Different medications affect people differently, but this is the one for me. Maybe it will be for you, too!

Related Reading: anxiety | paxil | prozac

Comment from: bobby, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 04

This drug was not effective at 20mg 1x daily, I experienced abdominal discomfort, headaches, and I notice I cry easily, made me very sensitive, eye started to twitch, muscle spasms, dr. Wanted to increase dose, I stopped taking this med, dr suggested I then break pill in half if I'm going to stop, tried that and felt worse e.g (eye twitch) my brain feels tight as if it were in a vice, this med is pretty new. Would not recommend, then again the choice is yours peoples body are diffrent and react diffrent as u can c some people had good experience, if u do take read reviews, and side effects and wiegh ur options

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: anon., 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 21

I have only been taking this drug for a week. started on half a pill. Now that im taking a whole pill i am experiencing stomach discomfort, nausea, "feeling wierd", and unexplained diahrea. Just wondering if anyone else had a change in stool? didnt see it in any other reviews or in side effects.

Comment from: xrustedgaugex, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 23

20mg a day, so far causing drowsiness throughout the day at certain times esp. at night; loss of appetite, extended ejaculation time. Helps with anxiety, bipolar and depression after week and a half, feel calm and collected most of the day.

Comment from: broadwayfairie, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 06

i've been taking this for a week and a day. i started with half pill. sunday i started full pill 20 mg. i've been feeling a little more anxiety, dazed, and just overall wierd feeling, my hands shake a little and my jaw feels funny almost like i took an ecstacy pill but didn't get the good feelings, just the after effects.....my dr said it would take about 3 weeks to start working and that i may feel worse b4 better......don't see how that's a good thing for someone with anxiety. i pretty much have everything that this pill treats but in small doses as i like to call it..........so i'm trying to get through these weeks hoping it will actually help. i think if i feel funny still by sat, i'll call my dr. i almost feel i'd rather not take it, but i don't know. we'll see what happens. maybe i'll come back in a few weeks with a different report.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

im at 20mg and feel great during the day still restless at night with a sleep aid, on the border of relaxation and anxieties. 54yr old male. Healthy 5'7" 180lbs, lost 30lbs after retirement with disability. been on at least three other med's in the past 4yrs

Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication See Slideshow
Comment from: brynne1883, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 13

drug works really well I have lost about 11 pounds I don't get nervous anymore around crowds of people

Comment from: kmichalek, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

My husband has familial depression, he has been on just about every antidepressive there is with no hope. Each medication seems to platue after a while. Pexeva was prescribed and by day 4 he was feeling inner peace and better than ever, however, he began with the dry heaves, badly, so he stopped taking it and changed medications again. Nothing else is working. The pharmasist rec. that he takes prilosec or antacid 30 min prior to Pexeva and eat breakfast at the same time. Crossing our fingers this will work. After more than 10 years, I think this would be his miracle drug for his type of depression.

Related Reading: depression | pexeva | prilosec

Comment from: bk910, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 04

I've been on Pexeva for about 6 months after switching from Lexapro, which didn't work for me at all. Recently upped the dose from 20mg to 30mg. It has helped curb my depression and anxiety. It's certainly not a magic bullet for me, but it helps. Side effects included some nausea the first week and the occasional headache, but overall, I'd say the benefit outweighs those. Give it a shot!

Related Reading: lexapro | anxiety | headache

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 19

this medication doeas work. it change my life. and it got me going to tough times.

Comment from: SickofbeinSick, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 07

Very helpful for my anxiety & depression. However now I think I'm having some bad side effects. Tingling down my right arm into hand, nausea,sweats,feelin hot & then cooled,tired,sick to stomach,increased migraines,pressure in my head,& forgetful. Now that I am trying to come off of it symptoms seem even worse & plus now I feel disorientated on top of other issues prior to stopping pill,hoping to get past this & feel better soon. Thanks to those who shared I can relate to many of the symptoms described.Went to ER with tingling down the arm after blood work,catscan,chest xray,& EKG docs found nothin & told me to continue meds. Scarey!Boy do I feel like just a number!Only other med I take daily is accutane so one or both is tearin me up & somethins got to give!

Related Reading: accutane

Comment from: AnxiousFree!!, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 19

I started taking 1/2 of 20mg and since then have moved up to 30mg. I have only been on this medication for a month and I am finally back to a normal life again! No panic attacks since I first started taking it. Side affects in the first week and increases on dosage include (for me), shakey hands, a little stomach upset, no sex drive and very slight headaches. Eating a little with it helps the stomach. Finally being myself again after 2 years of severe anxiety....I'd say that the Pexeva outweighs the side effects. Try it!

Related Reading: panic attacks

Comment from: marycooks, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 19

I have alot of problem sleeping and problems with anxiety