Pexeva

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: September 24

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 07

I have tried about every anti-deppressant on the market over the yrs. Very few worked and only for a short time. Pexeva has been great, I'm back to my old self. Happy looking forward to tomorrow and taking care of my life again. I think it's great!!!!

Comment from: KeepItHealthy1954on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 09

Of all of the drugs that I have taken for my depression, panic attacks, anxiety disorder and agoraphobia. Pexeva has been the best for treating my disorders, not healing them completely but making me comfortable enough where it is tolerable. I have not had any side affects on this drug but when I took others I had terrible side affects. I take Pexeva 30mg 1/2 am. and 1/2 pm. along with Trazadone at night.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 28

I have only been on Pexeva for a week. I am not sure if its working for my depression as yet, however it is working wonders for my appetite, I have none I have to make myself eat. I also have a constant stomach discomfort my stomach stays upset, and I think my vision is worse and I am sweating excessively but only in my face the sweat just pours off my face. Does anyone else have this. I have been on so many depression meds that had no effect. This one helps with my appetite but the stomach problem is making me nervous, I do not want to get ulcers.

Comment from: lizzie122745-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 10

This medication has worked wonders for me. A couple of things that i have noticed since i've been on the medication; change in sex drive, lots of sweating. I have gone a couple of days without medication and i feel i am going insane. Cannot be with out it. I have been on the medication for 3 years now.

Comment from: all4shoos25-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 12

I started taking Pexeva a week after I had my second panic attack. I'm happy to say it was my last. With the panic attack came constant feeling of anxiety and mild depression. All I could think about was when the next PA would strike. Within a month I felt better. After 3 months like a new person. I have been off of anti-depressants for about 3 months now, but felt the need to share as Pexeva is fairly new and I thought this might be helpful to someone. I helped me so much!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 21

I was in a depression but the worst was the anxiety that accompanied it. Once the drug started to work, about two weeks I have been able to return to a normal life ( to the thankfulness of friends and family). The worst side effect was a weight gain and tremors at night and loss of sexual drive but living without the panic over rides all.

Comment from: Paxman45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 09

20 Mgs/day has helped me to function in the high stress environment of an inner city public high school. Drowsiness, occasional yawning, and decreased libido are the side effects I can live with.

Comment from: JCF35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 13

Controlled mood and anxiety perfectly. Made me so tired I wanted to do nothing but sleep, so what's the point of improved mood?

Comment from: mw634445-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 19

Like many others' here, I have taken many other medications for depression since 1998, but this one seems to be the best. I take 1 30mg daily and am back to my old self.

Comment from: whoba030225-34on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 30

I started taking this medicine after I began to deal with Panic and Anxiety attacks(40mg a day), also I was taking .50 of xanax, and I must say that it did the job with in 3 months, and I have stayed panic free for almost year now. But I must warn you when it comes to the side effects, when I begin the medicine the side effects weren't so bad, maybe alittle but of nausea for the first week and a slight headache. But once I was on it for a good 5 months and if I had missed a day it was hell! Starting with brain shocks(electric pulses) which were constant until I could get my next dose, also the nausea was horrible. Not to mention I gain 50 + pounds since starting it. Completely took away my sex drive, which was very hard for me at 23 yrs of age and newly married. I'am now 25 and we are trying to have a baby so coming off of it was a must, because of the dangers it poses to an unborn baby. After talking to my doctor and slowly coming off of it, it still has been hell! It is taking upwards of 2 months to fully come off and I still feel sick :( So please if you decide to take this medicine, be prepared to deal with some serious side effects.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 25

I have been taking Pexeva 20mg once a day for about a year. Recently, I ran out of pills and within 3 days I was miserable. The worst of it was that I thought something was wrong with my ears. I kept having this weird sensation when I stood up or when I talked. After I went back on Pexeva I was fine.

Comment from: MLittlebit25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 15

I have been on so many different types of medications to help with severe depression, anixety and phobias, and none of them worked. This is the first medication I have been on that I feel mild to no depression, mild to no anixety and mild to no phobia. My boyfriend says that if I quit taking this medication, he will leave because he cannot handle the old me (and almost left until I started taking this medication). The only down fall, it is harder to orgasm. My sex drive has sky rocketted, but my orgasm has depreciated quite a bit. My friends and family say that I am calmer, more positive and fun to be around. Like my childhood personality that left so many years ago has come back to life. All I know, is I love being able to get up every morning with no gray cloud over my head, go out into public with no fear of crowds or people and complete my daily tasks without any hesitation. Great feeling!!

Comment from: deanima9925-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 10

I have tried more than 5 different medications for anxiety and depressions, most in the SSRI category, and some others. Pexeva is the only one I've found that is *both* effective *and* gives me minimal side effects. I did not gain the weight on Pexeva that I did with Paxil, nor do I feel lethargic in the same way. I had a negative reaction, or really bad side effects with many others: Prozac, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Lexapro, and Zoloft. I have now been on Pexeva for 3 years, and I feel great! Different medications affect people differently, but this is the one for me. Maybe it will be for you, too!

Comment from: bobby35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: July 04

This drug was not effective at 20mg 1x daily, I experienced abdominal discomfort, headaches, and I notice I cry easily, made me very sensitive, eye started to twitch, muscle spasms, dr. Wanted to increase dose, I stopped taking this med, dr suggested I then break pill in half if I'm going to stop, tried that and felt worse e.g (eye twitch) my brain feels tight as if it were in a vice, this med is pretty new. Would not recommend, then again the choice is yours peoples body are diffrent and react diffrent as u can c some people had good experience, if u do take read reviews, and side effects and wiegh ur options

Comment from: anon.25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 21

I have only been taking this drug for a week. started on half a pill. Now that im taking a whole pill i am experiencing stomach discomfort, nausea, "feeling wierd", and unexplained diahrea. Just wondering if anyone else had a change in stool? didnt see it in any other reviews or in side effects.

Comment from: xrustedgaugex19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 23

20mg a day, so far causing drowsiness throughout the day at certain times esp. at night; loss of appetite, extended ejaculation time. Helps with anxiety, bipolar and depression after week and a half, feel calm and collected most of the day.

Comment from: SickofbeinSick25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 07

Very helpful for my anxiety & depression. However now I think I'm having some bad side effects. Tingling down my right arm into hand, nausea,sweats,feelin hot & then cooled,tired,sick to stomach,increased migraines,pressure in my head,& forgetful. Now that I am trying to come off of it symptoms seem even worse & plus now I feel disorientated on top of other issues prior to stopping pill,hoping to get past this & feel better soon. Thanks to those who shared I can relate to many of the symptoms described.Went to ER with tingling down the arm after blood work,catscan,chest xray,& EKG docs found nothin & told me to continue meds. Scarey!Boy do I feel like just a number!Only other med I take daily is accutane so one or both is tearin me up & somethins got to give!

Comment from: broadwayfairie35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 06

i've been taking this for a week and a day. i started with half pill. sunday i started full pill 20 mg. i've been feeling a little more anxiety, dazed, and just overall wierd feeling, my hands shake a little and my jaw feels funny almost like i took an ecstacy pill but didn't get the good feelings, just the after effects.....my dr said it would take about 3 weeks to start working and that i may feel worse b4 better......don't see how that's a good thing for someone with anxiety. i pretty much have everything that this pill treats but in small doses as i like to call it..........so i'm trying to get through these weeks hoping it will actually help. i think if i feel funny still by sat, i'll call my dr. i almost feel i'd rather not take it, but i don't know. we'll see what happens. maybe i'll come back in a few weeks with a different report.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 13

im at 20mg and feel great during the day still restless at night with a sleep aid, on the border of relaxation and anxieties. 54yr old male. Healthy 5'7" 180lbs, lost 30lbs after retirement with disability. been on at least three other med's in the past 4yrs

Comment from: brynne188325-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 13

drug works really well I have lost about 11 pounds I don't get nervous anymore around crowds of people

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 19

Learn to Spot Depression: Symptoms, Warning Signs, Medication See Slideshow
Comment from: AnxiousFree!!25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 19

I started taking 1/2 of 20mg and since then have moved up to 30mg. I have only been on this medication for a month and I am finally back to a normal life again! No panic attacks since I first started taking it. Side affects in the first week and increases on dosage include (for me), shakey hands, a little stomach upset, no sex drive and very slight headaches. Eating a little with it helps the stomach. Finally being myself again after 2 years of severe anxiety....I'd say that the Pexeva outweighs the side effects. Try it!

Comment from: kmichalek45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

My husband has familial depression, he has been on just about every antidepressive there is with no hope. Each medication seems to platue after a while. Pexeva was prescribed and by day 4 he was feeling inner peace and better than ever, however, he began with the dry heaves, badly, so he stopped taking it and changed medications again. Nothing else is working. The pharmasist rec. that he takes prilosec or antacid 30 min prior to Pexeva and eat breakfast at the same time. Crossing our fingers this will work. After more than 10 years, I think this would be his miracle drug for his type of depression.

Comment from: bk91019-24on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 04

I've been on Pexeva for about 6 months after switching from Lexapro, which didn't work for me at all. Recently upped the dose from 20mg to 30mg. It has helped curb my depression and anxiety. It's certainly not a magic bullet for me, but it helps. Side effects included some nausea the first week and the occasional headache, but overall, I'd say the benefit outweighs those. Give it a shot!

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 19

this medication doeas work. it change my life. and it got me going to tough times.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

Comment from: marycooks45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 19

I have alot of problem sleeping and problems with anxiety

Comment from: marycooks45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 04

I am feeling better . However, I have noticed some weight gain. I have worked hard to lose 90 pounds this year and I do not want to take giant steps backwards.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 25

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: August 16

Is there bad withdrawal from Pexeva? if so, what are they?

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 18

Comment from: Nurse Jackie45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: September 03

I had been taking Pexeva 30 mg. for several months. It helped with my agoraphobia and depression better than any other med. I have taken in 29 yrs! I felt like I could do anything...however...the cost was very prohibitive, especially since I currently cannot find a job (with 2 BS degrees!). We have insurance, but my husband "decided" to d/c my med for food. Good choice for our small family: Bad choice for me! I went off of the med. cold turkey...refused to ask friends for med. money. Now I'm having p.a.'s, brain "zaps", memory is shot and alot of anger. ("Yes,everyone,there IS a (D)Recession!) And the first to suffer are the elderly, children and the mentally ill. Quote: "I love my Country - but Fear my Gov't!" By the way, I'm an RN - and there is a glut of nurses on the market. No jobs = no money = no much~needed meds. This is (was) no less than a "Miracle Med", the ONLY complaint I have is that (30 mg) made me very sleepy (all the time!). If your physician can get your dosage straight...Pexeva stops your panic attacks cold! (after being in your system 3 wks or so). Too bad no middle/working class people can afford it...nor those millions w/o jobs. Sad comment on our society. And yes, really, this is all related to our condition and to "Pexeva" ~~~

Comment from: froggirl525-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 11

I have always had anxiety and several situations caused it too get worse. I was introduced to pexeva and it has done miracles for me. I started off on an extremely low dose and worked up to 15mg once a day. I have gained weight, which I needed to because I have always been under weight. Also all the symptoms I experienced with my anxiety are gone. I love it and will take it for the rest of my life to not go back to how I was before. Thank you pexeva for changing my whole life!

Comment from: pauls45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 01

getting off cymbalta, 60 mg....and transitioning to pexeva, start with 10 week one, then 20, and mayb e 40....though dont know if I will go to 40 if 20 is effective.only taking for a few days now. feeling good...but not sure its related....will report back on here weekl.y

Comment from: elaine0255-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 21

Just started the medication

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 14

The drug works but the sexual side effects are disappointing. Ejaculation take a very long time but the volume has gone way way up.

Comment from: been there55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 20

Before I took this drug I was angry, yelling, constantly upset, crying, paranoid and insomniac. I have taken many antidepressants over the years, but this one has been the most effective. It was incredible! I felt like I had changed back into the person I used to be. I am now patient,calm, and much happier.

Comment from: JoAnn 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 16

I have tried others medications, but this seems like the best for me. The problem is that it is too expensive. For some reason my insurance company has taken it off their formulary and they want to me take the generic. I tried the generics before and was sick as a dog. My doctor is supposed to call for authorization to help pay for Pexeva, but he is as lazy as the Government. I am finding myself constantly withdrawing the Pexeva because of the money and I feel like I am going to die. I tried to find the phone number for the manufacturer of Pexeva and had no luck. I am in an awful situation. Withdrawal from antidepression meds is something that can't be described. I wish I never started taking them. It's all about money? The drug companies and doctor's love that we get addicted, but they are no where around when you need them.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 12

THIS DRUG HAS WORKED FOR ME AND I AM VERY HAPPY>

Comment from: Eli55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 16

I only take 1/4 of a pill/ day. More makes me too sleepy. I missed my pill due to travel, I got a bad head ache. When I try to stop, I get more emotional. I am afraid to stop.

Comment from: Texan25-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 08

I have been taken this med for almost 3 years..I am a hypochondriac also have depression time to time it really works reducing the fear of having a terminal illness. However i am on an extreme diet to loose some weigh afer having a baby it has become really hard for me to get rid of the extra pounds when i almost do not eat during the whole day. this medication also reduce my appetite and makes me really sleepy and almost no energy to do anything!!!! So it works in a way but on the other hand it does not. I tried to stop taking it and i ended up in the ER :( With terrible headache and vomiting like crazy and my tommy hurt a lot too. I hope this help. Every individual is different.

Comment from: Eli55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 22

1/2 pill - I felt too sleepy all afternoon and took naps until bed time. 1/4 pill is perfect - no worrying, no depression or hopeless feelings. Twice I forgot to take the pill and was very sad and mad at everyone.

Comment from: beesmommy25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 28

My doctor put me on 20mg once daily along with buspar twice daily to counter act the side effects of the pexeva. seems to really work. I feel so much better

Comment from: k4b55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 07

i have been on it for over a year. it has always helped me be more calm inside. it started to ware off, the dr. up the dose by a small amount and i feel energenic, and remembering things better. i do have a slight numbness in my left index fingers though and i couldn't find any thing about that in side effects.

Comment from: maltese0925-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 31

This is the third antidepressant I've tried and it definitely made me feel better. However, I have gained a lot of weight while on this medication and it also makes me sweat more.

Comment from: jessicaB25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 18

i have trichitilomania... if ur not fermiliar with it its an obsessive compulsive disoreder where i repeatidly and obsessively pull my hair out... ive never tried the medication route and pexeva is the first ive experimented with. after bieing on it for 2-3weeks ive only noticed negitive things. my vision is blurry and i always have headaches. also i cannot climax... if i do it takes forever. my hair is suffering because ive pulled more than ever in a one day period (1/2 of my entire head) i have identity issues because of it and there only getting worse. the only up side it that ive had no appetite. which shud help me lose weight however, the overly tired yawning and unmotivated feeling im left with keeps me out of the gym... i feel like my venture to try something new has just left me scornful and emptyhanded. shud i just except the fact im always going to have active compulsions? or shud i try something else? im fearful that it will not work either and i will always be the misunderstood bald girl people keep staring at. so i decided to just stop taking it. since that decision (4 days ago) ive had nothing but horrifying dreams, night terrors, constant fever sweats, migraines, irradic breathing thru the night, no appetite, havnt left my appt, and have only taken a shower 3 times this week... its really effed up. i went from just pulling my hair to a depressed mess. the only thing that keeps me going is the once daily fone call from my hubby in iraq. i havnt disclosed this info to him for the sake of his own well being. i just feel like i cant win. please let the idea of this drug marrinate in ur head for a while before jumping in. i think i was given the wrong stuff and it only made things worse. only have a TRUSTED psychiatrist perscribe this to you.

QUESTION

Depression is a(n) __________ . See Answer
Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 21

This medication had left me with a light headed condition or dizziness

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 04

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 21

Comment from: elaineo265-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 21

I just started taking the medication yesterday and relly did not know how to rate it. I am just looking for more information on what I can expect

Comment from: NYC444035-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 12

Words cannot describe my elation with this drug. I was barely functioning a week out of the month. Nothing has worked (short of brain stimulation). Just when I was about to go that route, I asked my OBGYN to switch me to Pexeva and convinced my Psych to add it to my treatment with Effexor and Abilify. So far, I can say I am alive again. I recommend not taking it close to bed time and to drink plenty of water. Oh, and I notice I am sweating like an athlete but that makes me feel as if I am alive again!

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 16

I have been on 20mg for a week now, and I feel completely emotionless and disconnected since taking this medication. After 8 hours, when the pill is getting out of my system, I get really nauseous, headache, and dry mouth. Also, since taking this, I've broken out with a bad rash on my face that looks like a bad sunburn.

Comment from: meschow55-64 Published: August 26

This drug is being used in a study for "hot flashes." I am considering taking it for that reason. My "hot flashes" and "night sweats" have continued for over 10 years. No sleep is the worst symptom. Any one taking for that reason?

Comment from: Lee45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 19

This medication didn't help my anxiety. I couldn't sleep, didn't have a regular bowel movement for 6 weeks, it would make me sweat, and I don't normally sweat. On a score of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, I would rate Pexeva -0. And my doctor wanted to keep me on it for another month = without sleep and no bowel movement, I don't think so.

Comment from: AmandaGS19-24on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 03

I have been taking Pexeva every day for two years. My doctor likes to increase the dose of a drug to maximum dose if its working well. I've been taking 60mg every morning for the majority of my two years. Only recently have I noticed myself getting used to Pexeva. I experiences all the side effects but only two side effects still bother me: loss of hunger and nightly teeth grinding. I weigh 105 pounds and have to make sure I eat regularly, or I will forget. I grind my teeth everynight and it disturbs people sleeping in the next room. Wearing a night guard is all I can do to stop the damage I'm causing myself. Other than that, Pexeva put stability back in my life. It allowed me to live my life, free of depression, anxiety and obsessive tendencies. I wasnt pointlessly angry anymore or stuck running circles in my mind. I still have bad days, thats going to happen regardless of a drug; however, a bad day stays in THAT day and doesnt plague me the entire week.

Comment from: stevo35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 14

I already see a difference in how I feel. Today was the first day I've been able to make decisions, concentrate, and the feeling of depression is starting to get better. I feel that this medicine is going to continue to help me recover.

Comment from: Debbie45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 26

I think that pexeva is the same as paxil, am I correct.

Comment from: 55-64 Published: May 25

Depression caused by stress at work and then retirement.

Comment from: Lugomez75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: May 04

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: August 17

i try many depretion medication i think they have never work for me

Comment from: baby45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 13

I just started taking this medication yestrday, so I don't know what to expect

Comment from: needpeace45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 08

I just started the pexeva two days so it is probably too early to tell. I am also taking azithromycin 500mg. So I am not sure the symptoms of upset stomach and diarreha are from the pexeva or the azithromycin. I review in another week or so.

Comment from: snapdunk55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 06

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 06