Phenergan-Codeine

Comment from: REELNURSE, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 05

I am currently using the 6C strength of bryonia alba supplied by a company called Energique. I mix it with equal parts of other homeopathic herbal preparations to treat joint pain associated with Avascular osteonecrosis. I spray two to three sprays under my tongue BID, PRN. I only know that several months ago I was using tylenol#4, 3-6 tabs a day, now just the spray and an occaissional extra strength tylenol or two relieve very severe, degenerative bone/joint pain. I am on coumadin, colchicine, allopurinol and water pills too. My renal function has not declined and I have experienced no GI disturbances as noted earlier in this article. I cannot say that it would be helpful or harmful to anyone else; do remember that I am using a very small amount, and in a very dilute form. I just know for me, it has been helpful.

Related Reading: tylenol | coumadin | colchicine

Comment from: nurseyelainey, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 27

I had an inner ear infection and developed Vertigo. Have used Bryonia many times in past and it worked well. This time however, the Vertigo did not go away so I kept taking it. I developed stomach aches, sore legs, excitability, high BP and general malaise. Dare I say is was my own fault for not following the doctors recommendation. But I figured it was a remedy and could not hurt you. When I consulted WebMD I found out just the opposite. I have stopped today after a month on the remedy and am starting to slowly feel better, although I still have the Vertigo. I was taking the 6C Bioran pellets.

Related Reading: inner ear infection | vertigo

Comment from: NA17kb, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 14

I have taken this medication a couple times for when I have had a serious respiratory infection that caused excessive coughing. The coughing was so violent at times that it sometimes set off my gag reflex, causing me to vomit. Phenergan w/ codeine in cough syrup form did wonders for my cough. I was finally able to sleep through the night without keeping myself and my spouse up. I never felt compelled to use this drug at other times, although i can see why someone would. It does cause drowsiness and makes you a little loopy. All in all I'm very happy with this medication. I have chronic bronchitis that flares up in the winter and accompanies a common cold, so knowing that this drug is out there and works so effectively makes me feel better.

Related Reading: phenergan | codeine | cough

Comment from: Bryonia, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 20

I am using this product because I developed vertigo and somebody told me about Bryonia and how that helped vs. Meclazine that makes me very tired up to 42 hrs. I took Bryonia for 1 week 5 little pills every 3 hrs and felt great.. after a week I was feeling again the vertigo symptoms and started again.. is that bad?

Related Reading: vertigo

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 15

good

Comment from: peace0023, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 17

Have been on this medication for U.R.I..Many many times..On & off..Coughing all day & night. Finally by night I can get some rest. Not only does it suppress my cough, it also brings up the phlem.

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 18

throat pain that don't go away with other meds. get more releif faster.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: April 30

i have noteed that ther is a large blackmarket for this drug.Smoething must be don to prevent drug delers from geting it.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 03

good

Comment from: kimmie, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 14

I used this for a sore throat and post nasal drip cough and found that this is the only stuff that actually worked for me. I use this only at night due to the fact that this makes me EXTREMELY sleepy...

Related Reading: sore throat | cough

Comment from: Chelleybean, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 19

This medication is definitely a keeper. Provided that you don't have any nausea when takinhg it, it works to calm an upset stomach. It also works pretty well for sllergies & sinus congestion.

good

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 10

I have asthma and periodically get bronchitis. Like others reported, coughing to point of gagging/vomiting. This is the ONLY cough medicine that works for me to stop the cough so I can finally sleep. I have used this since I was a kid (50 yrs ago!) and am thankful they keep making this medicine.

Related Reading: asthma | bronchitis

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 04

hip pain

Related Reading: hip pain

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

I have used this product twice,once allergies, once respiratory ailment. It works. It did not make me sleepy but i could sleep. I am seriously sick again, tried all the over counter brands, nothing works like this product. Do not mix alcohol with it. Get your work done, go to bed.

Comment from: flexi, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 27

This used to work well for me 35 or 40 years ago. I took some after 3 24 hr periods of no sleep due to racking cough that would not quit. It quieted the cough but I had severe stomach cramps 25 mins after taking. Threw up. Feeling better but cannot take this.

Comment from: michiganmom, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 30

URI I did not notice much relief at all taking this medication. I was coughing so hard I was vomiting. I would take every 8 hours as directed and still no relief.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 23

Took Bryonia. For a dry hard cough

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 13

good

good

QUESTION

Allergies can best be described as: See Answer
Comment from: Kati, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 12

Has not eased my coughing fits. Started having bad stomachache.