Plendil

Comment from: cindy45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 21

Plendil is now only available as generic (Felodipine) the new version is casuing me the same side effects I got from Procardia. Pain in joints/tendons with redness and swelling at site of pain. I have been on plendil for more than 10 years with the newest vesion causing extreme problems inless than a 6 week timeline of change to Felodipine ER from new manufacturer. Now that it is generic it is very problematic as was Procardia in the generic form. I was test for arthritis and lyme desease....it is the side effects of meds not other health issue. I am young, lsightly over wieght which caused original hypertension problem 20 years ago...should have just went on a diet instead of taking Tenormin which made me gain wieght and caused angina. I have great blood profiles, it is not a cholesteral problem in my case, stress test fine, I am currently taking lisinopril 5 mg and the new Felodipine 5mg, Beware old Plendil user...the generic version is not without bad side effects which I can't live with, not a 51! They tried to tell me when I was younger I was out of shape...that was BS. I feel sorry for nay senior who has taken these generics...because your pain will be past over as getting older, they tried it with me...I didn't stand for it..I hope htis messages helps someone.

Comment from: cocoalicious35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 30

I've had a considerable decrease in my blood pressure and I haven't had any continuing chest pain since i began the medication.

Comment from: AA35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 07

had been on 5mg zestril for months. BP was temporarily normal then shot to 160/80. Dr added 5mg plendil. Reduced BP to 116/74 but side effect of plendil brought palpitations with racing heart at 140BPM. Had to be rushed to emergency room

Comment from: JackieBlais55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 08

Just started taking it have headache, eyes sensitive but feel no more chest pain and blood pressure has returned to normal.. was 180/90 now it is 120/70 ...I just hope the headaches stop soon I also take Coversyl and Monocor ... I have been taking meds for 20 years or more for this problem and nothing seems to work very long Doctors are running out of meds to give me to lower my BP

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 01

I have been taking Plendil 10mg for 10yrs or more and I have no side effects that I know of. It has been a life saver for me.

Comment from: Judy55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 19

I have had severe upper arm and shoulder pain bilaterally. This is with the generic medication felodipine. I had to stop it, due to the pain. I also had upper right quadrant pain that went around to my kidney area. After stopping the medication for 2 days, my pain is gone. I have a hard time with generic medications, possibly due to the fillers they put in them. Not really sure.

Comment from: IRISHLADY55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 16

iI HAVE BEEN ON THIS MED FOR 7 YEARS, WORKS VERY WELL. BP IS 117 OVER 76 PERFECT

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 10

I have used this product, ( felodipine) for many years and had no problems whatever.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 24

very good at all times

Comment from: rammer65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 20

My pressure has been in check ever since I have been on this medication. problem caused by a slip and fall accident with a concussion

Comment from: Larry H 45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 08

I have been struggling with high blood pressure for about 3 years and have been prescribed several medications. Most did not work or had side effects that I could not tolerate. The Felodipine works great. I have read reviews that some brands are not effective.I get the ones marked MP 773 from Wal Mart. And am very satisfied. BP is great and have had no side effects. Feel better than I have in 3 yrs. I am also Diabetic and this drug does not seem to raise my glucose levels.

Comment from: genricblues45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 11

I was taking the name brand and it worked fine for me. Would get a slight headache if I was without my medsfor than 3 days. Tried the genric by Ranbx (light orange) from Jewel/Osco. Blood pressure went way up and I did not even know it until I when to the doctor for checkup. Could no find anything about the mfg Rbnx on the web. Switched over to Walgreen brand by Mylan (blue). My arm and leg started hurting after the first dosage. Going back to the name brand and I don't care how much it cost me.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 23

plendil has worked well in reducing my pressure but I have been suffering with rashes all over since I've been on this drug.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 25

Comment from: Lee35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 14

I was prescribed this to supplement my Diovan RX for my BP. NOt only did it not have any effect on lowering my BP, it causes an intense headache within an hour of taking it. For three weeks I stuck it out waiting for the adjustment period, but no luck.

Comment from: nanaoseibonsu25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 28

slight headache

Comment from: Gina55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 28

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 28

Comment from: No-Plendil-for-me55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 02

5mg of the Plendil did not lower my blood pressure, 10mg caused my legs and ankles to swell and intensified the soreness of my lips and mouth. My knees also started to ache. Walking or standing was painful. My blood pressure remained high.

Comment from: BETTYJSMALL55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 14

Comment from: connellc35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 06

Plendil was dropped by AstraZenica in October. Plendil i sno longer supported by that drug company. I can't get this drug anymore.

QUESTION