Precose

Comment from: Tony, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 18

I have been on precose for 2 years and had few side effects when I ate a proper diet. The more starches I consume the more bloating and gas I get. I cut my intake of white breads, potatoes, pasta and rice. I changed what I eat and now only have gas when I get careless with what I eat.

Related Reading: precose

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

This medication seems to have been a medical mirical for me. I was close to becoming insulin dependant but thanks to this medicin among the metformin glipizide actose and jenuvia my blood sugars never get over 200! I am no longer afraid to eat. Thanks to who ever created this medication.

Related Reading: metformin | glipizide

Comment from: pam, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 12

I am on my second month with this. 25mg I first introduced this at dinner for a week,lunch a week later and then breakfast so I had 3 per day. I was doing just fine with mild gas but no other problems. I have now started to have diarrhea and my DR. advised me to stop it all together. I am to reintroduce this again at the same dosage when my problem subsides. I'm willing to give it another try.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: tnicula, 75 or over Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 03

IT GAVE ME REAL BAD DIARRHEA FOR FOUR MONTHS TILL I JUST STOP IT THE DOC. NEVER DID KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Related Reading: diarrhea

Comment from: debdoodle, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 07

I had all of the side effects listed. The worst ones were bloading, gas and upset stomach. I also broke out in a rash. I was told to stop taking it.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: Rick, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 10

Have mild T2. 85% of the time this make my post-meal glucose normal. Great! A bit of a pain to take at every meal (usually 100mg), but at least it's small and easy to carry lots in a pillcase. I lightly break it into numerous pieces in my mouth (avoiding getting too much saliva on it), swallow with a little water, then eat. If you end up tasing it, no sweat, as it actually tastes pleasant. There was some diahrrea early on, but the only side effect that never completely goes away is the farting -- usually awhile after eating. But it's worth it, and I usually find ways to be discreet about it when around others. Good drug, but wish the generic wasn't so close in price to the brand!

Comment from: dray, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 18

I had terrible bloating, abdominal cramps and alternating constipation/diarrhea while using this med. After 4 weeks I stopped taking it...it took another 4 weeks to feel better. Just awful.

Related Reading: constipation

Comment from: BP, 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 05

After three weeks on Precose @ twice a day, have bloating, gas, nausea and dizziness everyday. Has lowered my numbers, but side affects are not nice. Wish I could tolerate it better.

Related Reading: precose | dizziness

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 22

works great as a laxative for me - just don't get far from a bathroom. gas , bloating etc. wish it had worked.

Comment from: Sal , 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been using this medication for 4 weeks and only take it when I am eating a high carb meal and it keeps my blood sugar below 140's. In my opinion this is a miracle drug, it works for me.

Comment from: Andrea, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 09

I am taking this medication to help regular a low blood sugar. It has been effective. No adverse reactions.

Related Reading: low blood sugar

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 04

doing better at controling my sugar levels.... very little problems with sick spells as long as I eat proper and follow my diet of no sugar and very fewcarbohydrates......I have no side effects from the drug but the medicine has not completly eliminated my serious problem

QUESTION