Premarin Vaginal Cream

Comment from: scn322 Transgender Caregiver Published: June 06

Warning. Several years ago my mother died of breast cancer. She was the first person in her family line that had it. She had been taking Premarin for years. Her doctor said that he believed that her breast cancer (like so many other women) was caused by Premarin use.

Related Reading: breast cancer | premarin | cancer

Comment from: S.A. 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: October 23

I am satisfied with results (MUCH better than Esperdiol, which seems to change texture, getting "curdy", and doesn't stay in the body) as mist reviewers have already said. Also, I heartily agree that the price is prohibitive - WHY is there no generic "and never will be"??!. I will continue to rely on Premarin bcuz I now consider it necessary, both for sex and relieving several side effects to growing older - I am 71. ALSO, I am happy to report I have an answer to Premarin's uncomfortable applicator :-) Invest ~$15 in a vaginal lubricant called Replenze because its applicator is SO much more gentle. After two yrs on HRT, my gyn has me use .5 to 1.0 g of Premarin and an equal dose of Replenze each week - it works for me and I am much closer to affording it.

Related Reading: premarin

Comment from: mimi 65-74 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: June 25

After application, it does not stay in my body.

Comment from: 55-64 Female Patient Published: January 21

Read about the horrific treatment to the pregnant mares and their slaughtered babies before using and the 1 billion dollars that Pfizer profits from their abuse

Related Reading: treatment

Comment from: 65-74 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: November 16

As I read the other reviews all I can say is thank god I live in Canada! The medication cost me $35.79 of which the government pays 75% because I'm over 65.

Comment from: Axxiefox 55-64 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: November 10

It driving me bananas one day Im fine the next day im ok and by the third day I want to cry. Im not sure if this going yo help me sexually. I havent had sex in such a long time. Its not pleasant because you deal with pain. Another thing, I just read about the mares and the suffering these poor things go through.Im going to ask my doctor to give me something different. I dont need a mare to suffer like Im suffering, ill see something different.

Comment from: Dominique 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: September 04

I used Premarin for 3 months and when I learned of the horrible torture mares go through in Premarin farms I stopped immediately. To my surprise, I realised I did not really need it and could live very well without it. No bad side effects either ...and I feel so good not being a part of the Premarin customers...

Related Reading: premarin

Comment from: Sue 65-74 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: August 28

Two funky mamos within 2 years of using this product. Still waiting the results of 2nd mamo. Stop using this if you have one bad mamo. Learn from my mistake.

Comment from: Dulcinea 75 or over Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: May 03

Premarin cream is expensive. I have been getting it for free for 4 years from Pfizer

Comment from: Holly 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 01

I just started this because of the painfull intercourse,haven't had sex yet as I've only been on it for 4 days, husband is out of town for 5 days a week so I hope I can tell a difference. My pharmacist did find a coupon for me and I only have to pay 15.00 for 2 mo.

Comment from: 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 27

After just one week of taking 1g per night my water retention increased. Therefore I'm reducing my weekly dose in an effort to obtain the best combination of less water retention and improved vaginal dryness. I'm not happy with this price. I'll be looking for a compound pharmacy competitor.

Comment from: Diana 65-74 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: November 12

This product is the only estrogen hormonal therapy my doctor will give me. It is extremely expensive especially since a lot of the cream is discharged afterwards in the toilet

Comment from: Notgivingin 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: October 31

The med has worked for its intended purpose - however, I have had extreme throat swelling several times while using this med - wondering if anyone else has had this happen?

Comment from: Donna lee 65-74 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: September 10

I have been struggling with vaginal dryness and painful intercourse for many years now. Used on and off various treatments. Used Premarin vag. cream 2 times a week for awhile, did help a bit was still had mild pain with intercourse. I recently decided to experiment on my own. I have been using a small amount every day for about 2 weeks now and I am very surprised, my libido seems to be awesome and no pain!! Going to continue to use small amounts every day and see how it goes. 9/10/2017

Related Reading: premarin

Comment from: Sugg 45-54 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: July 12

ANY COMPOUND PHARMACY: Makes this comparable cream for $25 to $50. Call your pharmacy first and ask him what he needs from your Doc. Mine told me to have the RX of Estradiol 1ml inserted vag. and the Doc decides the frequency. OMG SAVE THE MONEY!!! When we all do this the price will come down.

Comment from: 65-74 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: April 10

The applicator is a joke. First you have to be Houdini to get it unwrapped. It doesn't thread onto the tube well and has to be held while trying to squeeze the tube at the same time. The plunger is too small. Most of the cream remains in the tube.

Comment from: Westport woman 55-64 Female 2 to less than 5 years Patient Published: November 02

My OBGyn did not want to prescribe this to me as he is anti-HRT. However, as sex in my late 50s was becoming more and more painful and no amount of lube in a tube was helping, I insisted so he gave in. Hallelujah, sex doesn't hurt anymore. Yes, there's discharge (just like the old days - I consider that a benefit) and minor breast tenderness. My two beefs are these: predatory pricing (latest script cost $343) - a 300% increase in 3 years! we are subsidizing their expensive tv campaigns, because the product is no different. 2nd beef: half the cream (I use .5 1x a week) is left behind in the tube. Why can't they come up with a better applicator? I too have had intermittent problems with the product continuing to push out of the tube after I've completed a dose, which also wastes product. I wrote to them and got a form letter reply. Write your congressman to complain about the pricing. I'm continuing using it, as I know of no other alternative.

Comment from: Barbarawoohoo 65-74 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: October 18

I had given up on having sex ever again because the pain was unbearable. The skin inside my vagina would rip and bleed. But then I started premarin cream. For one month I took the lowest dose. Then increased it twice a week and now take the highest dose twice weekly. I cant believe the difference. I'm a new woman with a new libido. The meds (5 tubes) cost me nothing because I make under a certain amount of money. You can apply for assistance from the company. Oh and no side effects for me.

Related Reading: the skin | premarin

Comment from: Scarlett 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: July 09

As far as easing the vaginal dryness, it works great. The only side effect I've noticed is hair loss. Not at first but the sides of my head around the temple area are receding there. I'm losing hair. The only thing I can attribute to it is the Premarin cream. I have been hypothyroid for 19 years

Related Reading: hair loss | premarin

Comment from: Miss g 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: March 25

This medication made my hair thin considerably. It is one of the side effects. Stopped taking it- after paying $200 ( and that was with every discount possible provided!) very unhappy and still dealing with painful intercourse ??

QUESTION

If menopause occurs in a woman younger than ___ years, it is considered to be premature. See Answer