Prevacid

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 17

I was in fear of drowning in my sleep. Almost every night, burning sludge would push up into my mouth and wake me. During the day, it was like fire in my chest, and it didn't matter how little or how bland I ate. After years of suffering with over-the-counter items that didn't work, I finally mentioned it to my doctor. 100% fixed, absolutely no more problems, no matter what I eat. Concerning the cost, when I lost my job and had to reduce expenses, I found that I could go 3 days per capsule before the burning chest returned. Thank you Prevacid.

Related Reading: drowning | prevacid

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 07

I have been taking Prevacid for 14 years without any problem,now I am having muscle aches in my thighs when I walk. Can anyone respomd to that? That is the only medication I am on that can cause it.

Comment from: researcher, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 01

Have been taking for 8 years. Worked fine until now. Now I am experiencing side effects such as stomach ache and nausea. Told 2 different doctors and they said to take more previcid. Increased my dosage to 60mg (2 capsules) per day and started to itch terribly. Stopped taking it and the itching went away and it seems like my stomach aches and nausea are getting better day by day. I think doctor's don't know enough about many many drugs. They just prescribe them cause some drug sales rep comes in their office and probabloy gives them some kind of kickback to put people on drugs. Doctors don't care about side effects in my case. If you really want to know about drugs and their side effects, talk to your pharmacist. They went to school only to learn about drugs. Like I said, doctor's don't know enough about drugs.

Related Reading: itch

Comment from: Vic F, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 27

Been using to control my Acid Reflux which caused Barrett's disease. It's done the job really well. Nexium didn't work!

Related Reading: nexium

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 27

Very easy to use and was a miracle to me. Works extremely well when taken every day for heartburn and acid reflux or GERD. I like the disintegrating tablet more since it doesn't have to be swallowed and you can take it on the go, but they work equally well. This is a great medicine.

Related Reading: heartburn | gerd

Comment from: shinyohs, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 05

Years after I had to have my gallbladder removed, I would get indigestion.It got worse and worse, where I was past taking 10 or more Tums a day, to where I had to find a product that lasted longer. I don't eat spicy foods, but what I did eat would find its way up my throat at night, and almost kill me in my sleep. Sore throats, coughing. I would try to sleep sitting up!!When I finally got health ins. I told my dr about it and she put me on Prevacid and lo and behold...As long as I take it everyday in the morning about 30 minutes before breakfast, I do well. I've been told by my ins co that they also don't think I should be on it this long and I should try something else (things I've tried earlier).I get mine free after I satisfy my ins deductible.

Related Reading: indigestion

Comment from: June4, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 01

You have to be a bit patient as you may incur some initial side affects. The first couple of days I experienced some nausea and felt a bit spacey but it was worth the two day mild discomfort.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 04

These drugs have a serious permanent side effect if given antibiotics. I suddenly lost my hearing loss 8 years ago after receiving Zithromax 5 times in 2 years, while I was on Prevacid. Doctors should be informed of this bad combination and drug companies need to know how this affects all other medications as well. I have been on Prevacid for about 10 years, and now have to be careful never to take antibiotics or pain medications so I won't lose the rest of my hearing.

Related Reading: hearing loss | zithromax

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: March 23

I took Prilosec/Prevacid for 7 years and found that when you try to wean off you'll experience acid rebound and it's 100x worse than regular reflux. It made me extremely sick. I also found out that I have osteoporosis after years of taking these pills and have since read articles linking these drugs to bone loss. If you have reflux, you may want to have a HIDA scan to check your gallbladder. About a year ago, I had my gallbladder removed and the reflux is almost gone & can be controlled with just Zantac.

Related Reading: prilosec | prevacid | osteoporosis

Comment from: CJ, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 11

I just began using Prevacid and so far it is relieving my sore throat from acid reflux. As information, I found you can save $25 on your prescription by going to the Prevacid website and signing up for a free card to take to the pharmacy - make help a little.

Related Reading: sore throat

Comment from: Prevacid, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 07

I have been taking this medication for at least 10 years. Tried others, but they didn't work as well. I absolutely never have heartburn anymore or acid reflux. It is a good medicine and if you are suffering with acid reflux or GERD I would recommend asking your doctor about using Prevacid!

Related Reading: heartburn | gerd

Comment from: pamelac, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 28

I have been taking Previcid Solutab for 4 years now and it has helped immensely, until recently. I am now experiencing swollen ankles and sharp pain in my lower back, thighs and back of knees. I stopped taking Previcid over the weekend so I could take Aleve for the pain. I noticed that after stopping Previcid, my ankle swelling went down, and the pains in my legs subsided. I took Previcid this morning, and the swelling and pain is back. It is interesting that I now have side effects after 4 years of use. Am going to the Dr's to find out if it is indeed, the Previcid that is causing all of this. From what I have read, it is highly possible. What a bummer! as Previcid has been 100% effective in treating my acid reflux.

Comment from: Pfitzinger, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I have tried many different drugs for my acid reflux. I am a singer and had damage of my throat from excessive acid. I was not being able to sing at all. My doctor prescribed Prevacid 30mg. I have had healing of my throat, I am no longer hoarse all the time, and am able to sing again. I have tried Prevacid 15mg over the counter and it does not work for me. However, my insurance company will not pay for the prescription Prevacid 30mg, so I am forced to private pay, $400.00 plus, every month. Shame on UnitedHealth Care and Blue Cross/Blue Shield Alliance! My doctor knows what is best for his patients, not you!

Comment from: BIGREDREYES, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 04

WHILE THIS MEDICATION GIVES ME RELIEF FROM ACID FOR MOST OF THE DAY, I AM EXPERIENCING MODERATE NAUSEA NOW.

Comment from: Teach234, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 09

Total life saver! I have been on them all, and this is by far best tolerated and works the best. My doctor signed me up for this companys prevacid savings card so now I get it for free. I have my life back and at no cost. wonder drug.

Related Reading: prevacid

Comment from: crafts95, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 14

I tried everything to get rid of heartburn. The prevacid takes away the the burn for 24 hours. Only downfall...$153.00 for 60 capsules.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

I had problems with heartburn for years and took Tums or other antacids to treat. The problem worsened as I got older and the antacids no longer were effective. The problem got so bad that I was losing my voice often and thought I had problem with my voicebox. I went to the doctor where he explained that it was probably the acid getting into my throat and irritating my voicebox. I had even started losing weight because I did not want to eat much any more because of the burning and pain. As soon as I started taking the prevacid, the burning started to go away and within a month, I felt as good as new. I have started eating again, working out without feeling sick, and I have my voice back. This has been a terrific drug. The only problem now is that my cost has gone up due to my prescription coverage changing and it is now going to cost $100 per month instead of the $20 per month I was paying last year. This is going to be a problem for me. Anything that can be done to reduce the cost on this medication will help greatly. I do not want the heartburn to return..

Related Reading: antacids

Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions See Slideshow
Comment from: NanaTheresa, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: April 25

Taking Prevacid has given me such freedom from having to almost constantly taking antacids. I am able to tolerate all types of foods which means I can enjoy going out to eat anywhere! I take one pill first thing in the morning and am able to eat either right away or sometime later. I am able to take it with either my morning coffee or water. When the Rx had to be refilled and my insurance company gave me and my doctor a hard time, I had to either carry the antacids with me and take them all day or decide not to eat. Once I was able to resume my regiment of a daily dose, I am now able to not be concerned with wether or not I have the antacids with me or not. This medication, to me, is a God-send! Until I lose a minimum of 25 lbs., I will need to take this medication. The likelihood of me losing ANY weight is a constant battle so I more than likely will be taking this the rest of my life. It is a safe drug and my bloodwork shows NO ill effects whatsoever. I have been taking this for over a year. I highly recommend this to anyone who has GERD.

Related Reading: prevacid | antacids | gerd

Comment from: bluethunder, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 09

love it love it love it!!! It is the only drug that helps 100% and keeps me free from acid reflux yuck!!!

Comment from: grannycat, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 08

Love it. My doctor told me to take it first thing in the morning then wait 30 minutes before putting anything else in my stomach. Works much better that way.

Comment from: turtlemom, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: November 05

I've been using Prevacid for over 5 years. I've tried many other products in this category. Nothing worlds as well as Prevacid.

Comment from: Dusty, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 16

I have been having nasty side effects from all the acid reflux meds I have tried thus far. Prevacid gives me a constant headache and makes my head feel like lead, I feel drugged, it is difficult to think or partake in daily activities. Forget about my passion of cycling or doing much of anything....I just want to sleep. Typing this was difficult because of how spaced I feel.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: (Patient) Published: April 19

I have been taking Prevacid for 10 years. It works best when I don't overdo on the fried foods and just plain eat too much. Lately, my insurance sent me a letter saying that I should not be on this type of medication this long. So with the help of some digestive enzymes I am trying them. I am in misery, heartburn so bad I am drinking 7up, soda and taking tums. I'm going to my doctor to find out if there are any dangers and try and go back to Prevacid. Heartburn is bad enough, I just don't want the acid reflux.

Related Reading: digestive enzymes | heartburn

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 01

This medicine is a life saver! I have taken all of the ppi meds and experienced different side effects from all but prevacid. The only downfall which now I guess is a blessing is that I gained weight again from being able to add foods back into my diet that I had not ate for 2 years because of acid reflux. I know alot of people on this medicine and they all have had great results with it also.

Related Reading: prevacid

Comment from: Bertis, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 23

Prevacid Solu-Tab is great when you need fast acting relief. I've been in terrible pain from H.Pylori an d had relief in 15-30 minutes. Very little side effects if any at all.