Prevpac

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 12

I took this for 14 days and it did not work. I was given different types of antibiotics for 10 days and it worked.

Comment from: Danielle 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 30

I was diagnosed as having the H Pylori infection after having a month of dull and sharp pains in my left side and sour stomach for weeks when my stomach was empty. My doctor gave me Prevpac to which I was very weary of taking because of the reviews I read. I took my meds at the EXACT time every day. I took them with a pretty high dose of probiotics which helped SO MUCH with any possible side effects. I took my AM with breakfast and my PM right before bed. The only effects I had were the first two days were really tiring and I had a headache. I took these first two days on a weekend and took some pain meds. After that the two weeks werent bad. I had small bouts of diaphrea on and off but nothing to cry about. The only constant thing was the metallic taste in my mouth that kind of messed with my tast but mint gum helped a lot with that as well as taking it before bed so that it really didnt bother me. Needless to say... my pain went away slowly and nearly disappeared after stoping the meds. I took my 2 weeks post antibiotic test and came back cleared of H Pylori so my experience wasnt all that bad. I hope this helps.

Comment from: PAINFUL BUT I HAVE THE SOLUTION25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 20

The first 2 days, I received every side effect possible, except for the bad taste in the mouth. Vomiting, excruciating stomach pains, dizziness, weakness, diarrhea and nausea. Then I realized, it only happened in the mornings, right when i ate. At night (which is about 2-3 hours after I ate) I received no side effects. What worked for me is this: Give at least a 2 hour gap from when you eat and take the pills. Meaning, if you ate at 8am, don't take the pills until 10am. Then don't eat for another 2 hours. You also need a full 12 hour gap between the morning & evening treatment. 10am/10pm works best for me. Drink lots of water, and be on a high fiber diet during this 14 day period. You will get frequent headaches & trouble sleeping/bad dreams. I do promise though, if you stick with the 2 hour/12 hour regiment I explained, it will work much better. I still, however, hate this medication. It's the worse I've ever took in my entire life. I never get side effects and this is the first time. Those first 2 days, when I took it as directed, my symptons were worse than LABOR.

Comment from: dwashingotn25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 13

I have no complaints about this drug. I am just glad that I was diagnosed and is receiving treatment before any other problems occurred such as stomache ulcers or cancer . I have had no side effects and this drug has worked wonderfully for me.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 02

After starting the PrevPac, I experienced severe side effects for the first 5 days: dizziness, weakness, diarrhea and nausea. They subsided quite a bit after the initial dosing. The 8 giant pills were quite a lot to take but in the end, they worked and I'm feeling 100% better. The individual packs labeled "AM" and "PM" couldn't be easier to follow as it's self explanatory.

Comment from: xpose35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 15

now im using prevpac for two weeks its doing the job but! makes you feel week back pain tired cant sleep lots of thoughts during sleeping,but it worked for me,and it may work for you.

Comment from: Director1245-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 22

Sorry to hear that many people have problems taking this drug. It is intense but liveable. Every DRUG is not for everybody. I think, however it's unfair to rate this drug on Day 1 or 5 of use. I agree it does leave a bad taste in your mouth but I have not experienced other symptoms. It has worked for me because I have dealt with an Ulcer and Heartburn for years.

Comment from: Texas T45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 22

I tested + for h pylori (no ulcer) during an endoscopy. I'm on day 11 and feel crappy. My mouth is so raw inside and the corners of my mouth are cracked. My skin is very dry & I feel dehydrated even though I drink a lot. I'm nauseated often and have a poor appetite, lost 5 lbs. I hope this is working. The way I'm feeling now, I can't tell if it is or isn't.

Comment from: Anthony65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 22

Prevpac caused loss of taste, severe throat irritation and difficulty in swallowing. These symptoms appeared after 5 days of treatment.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 28

Have been on this medication for five days. Have experienced bad taste in my mouth, headache, flu-like symptoms. On the fifth day developed severe chest and back pain that will not subside. Worst medication I have ever taken. Doctor will need to prescribe something else - I refuse to subject myself to the side effects of this terrible medication!

Comment from: Jrking29619-24on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 09

After finding out I had h-pylori in Oklahoma, strong stomach pain as far as strong back pain. I went to the E.R. and they did a blood workup. They prescribed this to me. I took all of it and went back home to Texas and made a checkup with my family physician. He took more blood and still came back as I had h-pylori. He prescribed another 14 day Prevpac. Going on my third dosage now I still have it. The second time around I was starting to get the side effects as deep depression, runny stools, and adominal pain. I told my doctor the side effects I was experiencing but he still prescribed the third dosage. I've taken 10 doses of the third and the side effects are coming back. I don't know if the medication is working at all since I've taken it three times and the blood work still shows I have it. I'm scared to think that if it doesn't treat it that this could turn into stomach cancer. After the experience that I've been going through, I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone. After living with the pain for a little over seven months and taking three dose packs it isn't clearing up what my doctor said "wasn't a big deal."

Comment from: David Montroy19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 13

I do fell like I’ve taken a muscle relaxer, sleep med sleep long periods ,mental/mood changes (such as agitation, confusion) lightheadedness dizziness, disorientation (there has been heart disease in my mother’s side of family (don’t know if related)dark urine, have gurgitated up in mouth 1-2hr after at times . does that mean I’m allergic or have other issues? Side effects I’ve encountered , horrible headaches giving blurred vision,., nausea, confusion, dizziness, back pain,tried, neck pain, (amnesia) cannot remember, anxiety, confusion, depersonalization, change behavior, drastic change in speech (after taking lasting 1 hr +),winded breathing ?)(asthma? or inflammation?),mild pain under right side of chest(gallbatter or kidney?), insomnia, sleep disorder ,vertigo, , sweating, blurred vision, taste loss, weight loss, lightheadedness/sweating/dizziness, ,abnormal stools (more),dark urine, difficulty in swallowing.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 16

this drug has made me sick , i feel worse now then before i started the treatment my tounge has turned black and my mouth tastes like i have a penny disoliving , this is my second dose and im praying my 14 days fly by

Comment from: spc25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

I had read about the reviews on the website and was a little nervous to take this drug. I just finished my treatment and am very satisfied. My only side effect was feeling a little tired, but it was not anything serious. I did have an occasional funny taste in my mouth but it was very rare. The biggest annoyance was having to swallow 5 pills in the morning and night. I would recommend this drug, I feel a lot better after my treatment. This stuff works

Comment from: beautifulfary7725-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 03

I have not completed my entire treatment. I came here to read up on it, b/c yesterday I felt as if I was having a heart attack. I feel like a weight is on my chest. I can not take deep breathes. I have been coughing up flem, but it is clear. The taste is unbelievable, but if it works in the end it will be worth it. I just am very concerned about my chest pains.

Comment from: mealone55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 15

This med has torn my mouth up. I have no taste and everything irritates the inside of my mouth. Tooth paste sends me through the roof!!! But it worked.

Comment from: Molly19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 02

After reading all the reviews on this site i was very skeptical about this treatment. But my labs came back positive for the bacteria and i def. wanted to get rid of it. I have been on the treatment for a week now, and the first couple of days I felt very nauseous after taking the morning portion. I also had a horrible taste in my mouth that would almost make me gag and it would also wake me up in the middle of the night because it was very disgusting, but its gotten a lot better now. I have been eating sugar free oatmeal with 2% lactose free milk in the mornings and having two yogurts from the only brand i found that actually mentioned the active cultures on the ingredients to prevent yeast infection that other people mentioned. So far, all this has worked, and i have been feeling no pain and ive continued my normal activities and normal food. I have also had normal bowel movements. I would say this treatment is agressive but if you make sure that you eat things to prevent an irritation in your stomach you should be perfectly fine.

Comment from: Chrislieu25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 23

I was given this medication over 7 years ago, it cured my ulcers and h. pylori infection. But, 2 years ago I started to feel ill and had constant sinus infections & horrible fatigue. The fatigue caused depression, anxiety, etc. I recently went to a dr. and found out I had candidiasis from prolonged antacid use. Be careful to not become reliant on the antacid, I was told I only needed it for 2 weeks, but I had taken it for close to 6 years. The pac works, but can cause future problems, be very careful and eat a really healthy diet with lots of water.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 13

I wanted to write a review to tell people that this was a very difficult drug to take... That being said I really believe this drug saved my life!! I will not candy coat how hard the first couple of days were on this.. Vomiting, nausea, terrible taste in mouth... But by day 8 I was feeling better!! I have read a lot of negative things about this 14 day treatment and I had a few bad days but it really worked stick with it!! Marianne

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

I have been on the prevpac for 9 days now and it seems to be working. The only problem I'm having is the awful taste in my mouth that WILL NOT GO AWAY. It was ok the first few days but it continue to get worse everyday. If anyone has any advice on what to do about this I would apreciate the help. Overall I am satisfied with this med.

Comment from: Chadwic25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 24

This Prevpac is way overpriced...all that comes in the kit is a 2-week, twice daily pre-packaged supply of Prevacid 30mg, Biaxin (clarithromycin) 500mg, and Amoxicillin 500mg. Yet even with my good Blue Cross insurance, my copay was $140!!! Unbelievable, I will never get this RX again, there is no way that buying individually would cost me $140! RIDICULOUS!

Super Tips to Boost Digestive Health: Bloating, Constipation, and More See Slideshow
Comment from: Nlg13425-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 10

2nd diagnosis for H Pylori, primary physician prescribed Prevpac then sent me to see my Gastroenterologist who said blood tests are not an accurate way to diagnose H Pylori, either a specific breath test or a biopsy done via an upper GE can accurately diagnose, he said to finish the prevpac and then I'm having a CT scan , also he said after you finish 1st dose of Prevpac you have to wait several weeks to do the breath test or biopsy otherwise you will get a false negative if you do it too soon. I'm still waiting for my CT Scan appt .

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

I tested positive for H. Pylori and the PrevPac has been great for me. No more stomach pain and no side effects!

Comment from: silkydd25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 12

I was shocked by the amount of meds this pac has but it's been like a miracle drug for me. I have had heartburn syptoms for over a year, but my previous doctor just gave me prescription Zantac and sent me home. Finally, my new doctor told me to try this and I have had zero heartburn ever since. I do experience dry mouth and a strange taste in my mouth more than any of the other side effects, but it's definitely worth the benefits. Just make sure to read all of the warnings before you take this medicine, there are a lot of meds and other random things that can not be combined with these ingredients.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 18

At times I feel like the medicine is helping as the original stomach pain has decreased. fThe side effectsrom the meds are however are worse than my original problem. Starting with the horrible nauseating taste that will not go away. Lack of energy, back pain, loss of appetite, constant trips to the bathroom started on day one. Sweats and weird dreams are a night occurance. Lately the headaches have become unbearable to the point of affecting my vision. This is day 14 for me and I am hoping I can tolerate the last dose. Not wanting to go through this again has pushed me to take this awful medication.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 13

I guess I would be what you call the patient of all side effects because I have experience just about all of the side effects listed. I had the stomach cramps, itchy skin, headaches, back pain, rash, hives, tight-swore throat and a little dizziness. I’m not sure why I had experience all these side effects but I am thinking maybe it’s because of my size considering the recommended dosage. I am only 5ft 1” and weight 110 Ibs, so maybe that’s a big factor. Overall, I must say that I started feeling some relief of interjection and a little better as far as my stomach go. However, I decided to stop taking the medication after I broke out into a rash and hives. I have contacted my doctor and I am awaiting his recommendation before I continue. At present I do feel like I need something for the itching and hives…I’m thinking Benadryl, but I won’t take anything until I hear back from my doctor. In all, this medication seems to help my initial problem but created other problems stemming from the side effects.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 02

I took this medications but I substituted Nexium for Prevacid and I found it worked so much better without side effects of mouth-ache (bitter metallic taste etc) Nexium has always worked so much better for me than prevacid. Nexium with the two antibiotics probably works just as well to kill the bug.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 23

left horrible taste in my mouth almost as if i just walked into a room where someone sprayed parfume or hair spray, felt quite nausiated and i got weak and dizzy, headaches and cant sleep i also got really hot then really cold while dizzy and nausous one day im not very satisfied with the meds but i hope it works!!!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 31

Horrible taste in my mouth, headaches, diahrea, tired, not sleeping. hope this is worth it

Comment from: mittens65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 24

I just started the 3rd day. I read a lot of these before starting it. I take in the AM on an empty stomach. Don't eat for 2 hrs then eat very light. I do get loose bowels, not diarrhea. Lasts in the AM maybe 15 minutes. Never in the evening. I do not eat 3hrs before the evening dose, and I do not eat after. No problems. Sleep well. Do have slight headache, one tylenol cures. I get some nausea in AM only. Use cold compress on back on neck, stops that. I take the doses with a full 16 oz's of water and I drink water all day. One 8 OZ glass an hour. I am post kidney cancer (one kidney), no gallbladder. I am followed closely by my Kidney Dr. Overall, the meds do not really effect me as some have said. I suggest an empty stomach for each dose. Works for me.

Published: March 08

this medcine put a bad taste in my mouth i have run to the bathroom twice felt nausea it made feel depressed i took it for 2 days and don't think i will finish this medicine i also have very dry mouth and feel tired

Comment from: cne25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 24

I have three days left of this medication and it seems to be working. The first day I took it I had extreme nausea and chest pains. I ended up going to urgent care and they gave me something for the nausea and the chest pains did go away. I did have trouble sleeping and the metal taste in my mouth strangely only occured at night. However, 11 days in I am having the vaginal and rectal side effects (sorry). I was advised to avoid certain foods and alcohols during treatment which i see a lot of websites have left out. It was tough treatment but i think it worked.

Comment from: Deena55125-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 19

I am satisfied with the medicine because it seems to be working-but the taste in my mouth i can barely stand. There is constant dry mouth(worse than i ever have had) and a metal type taste in my mouth-constantly. It doesn't matter what I drink or eat, i cant get rid of the taste and dry mouth-its really terrible!! Dealing with this for 14 days(length of my treatment)is very hard, but I have to get better! I would rate this a 3 outta 5 overall-it would be a 5 outta 5 but the taste and dry mouth thing ruins it! Plus it makes me tired,and I have been getting horrible headaches!

Comment from: barbara55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 26

I had to be rushed to hospital twice for not being able to breath, have facial redness and unusually high blood pressure.

Comment from: deegrl25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 26

where do i begin. i didnt even know i had bacteria in my system or an ulcer. when i went to the drs i had all the signs of being pregnant. so my dr gave me a test and said it came back - . then asked any other problems i have been having. so she asked that i have some blood work done. Since taking the meds I have had all the side effects. I just cant get over how many pills you have to take in one shot. The two side effects that are most bothersome for me is the dry mouth and the diarrhea :( i get hungry but dont eat much. still have the nausea which is not good. i hope this helps with my problem.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 14

After 9 days of medication, I broke out in hives, mouth and face began to swell. By the time I arrived at the ER, throat was restricting. Prior to that, I had loss of appetite and some nausea. Dr. decided to put me on this medication when blood test came back +. I think that what I really had was passed a gallstone.

Comment from: mauvyblue7135-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 24

Nausea and dizziness began immediately after beginning course of antibiotics. I lost 8 lbs. total during the course. After finishing meds noticed am now having difficulty swallowing as if though the muscles in my throat have been damaged. Next time i am diagnosed with any infection will seek natural cures. i believe prevacid weakend stomache acid so much that now my digestive system has been negatively altered. Use precautions with any pump inhibitors. Stomache acid is there for a reason.

Comment from: sydney65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 22

Terrible depression & terrible dreams plus bad taste, no appetite. The depression & terrible dreams are not worth taking the drug. I did switch the Precacid to Nexium. I had taken Nexium previously without side effects. The drug companies should be notified as depression is not a symptom of a side effect.

Comment from: hello55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 06

Day 7.. seem to feel better along with normal BMs for a change. No ill side effects except poor taste in mouth at night.

Comment from: Ike35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 29

I have been taking this medication for 5 day and my lips are numb and I'm starting to itch all over. Contacted my doctor and he has told me to stop but the reaction keeps getting worse.

Comment from: quiet storm45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 07

The experience was easy and taking it as it is package made it easy since I take other medications.

Comment from: qwerty13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 09

I was nauseous for about 3 months and my doctor diagnosed me with a minor h pylori infection in my stomach. About after the second day of taking the Prevpac, I started to experience minor absence seizures. In these absence seizures I experienced a kind of zoning out and "waking up" again. My friends and family said I seemed completely conscious, but I would not remember certain short periods of time. I would have these absence seizures about 4 times a day, within about 2 to 4 hours of taking the medication (morning and night). Knowing that I had not ever experienced this until after I started the Prevpac, I went to my doctor and she said that it was most likely not the Prevpac that was causing this. She referred me to a neurologist, and the neurologist said to IMMEDIATLY stop the medication, even though there was a 1 in 200 chance that it was causing it. The day after I stopped the medication, the seizures started to decrease in time and in quantity a day. Right now I am not experiencing anymore absence seizures.

QUESTION

Pancreatitis is inflammation of an organ in the abdomen called the pancreas. See Answer
Comment from: Flaca45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 19

I get headaches - taste buds are all messed up - sores in my mouth - feel like piss are still in my throat

Comment from: on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 27

I take this medication with food and I agree with other posting, drink with milk. I feel so much better and drink lots of water. This is my third day and I feel like my old self again. :)

Comment from: JFerraro19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 05

Before I started taking this medication I was throwing up almost every night, since starting I have had a complete turn around. Although the first day is awful!!! I would describe it as the worst pain I ever felt, but it goes away around the third day. One tip is milk!! It helps so much! I would suggest taking them with milk. The only question I have is did anyone have an affect on their menstral cycle?

Comment from: Tiggy116345-54 Published: June 11

Day 5 on prevpac to treat ulcers caused by H pylori. Had the bitter taste as soon as I started the treatment. Subsided a bit now. Headaches got worse, I cringe to even think of touching my eyelids. Had to start taking tylenol and flonaze nasal spray to relief some of the pressure in the head. Sore back of the neck and upper back area. Nausea was tough at the beginning, subsiding a bit now. Very fatigued/tired. I noticed that if I eat first, the medication isn't as hard on the stomache. If I eat after I take it the meds take a toll on the stomache. Gastroenterologist initially had me on the 10 day treatment but added 2 more days. Have lost already 5lbs..looks like a lb a day. Taking all this medication doesn't bother me as I'm used to it as I have ulcerative colitis as well, diagnosed 3 yrs. ago. I'm hoping this treatment works...keeping my fingers crossed.

Comment from: Pocagirl8935-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 08

I had a difficulty swallowing for the first few days. Then, went that eased up, my tounge was so sore I couldn't hardly eat anything. Just something touching my tounge hurt like crazy. 4 more days, if I can take it, then I am finished with the 14 day treatment

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 25

Have been taking prevpac for 10 days now. Feel horrible. Continuously have a bad taste in my mouth, diarrhea, dizziness, overly tired, nauseated. Cant wait to be done taking this medicine. Just really hope it works!

Comment from: sickly8619-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 02

I have been taking prevpac for 7 days now, the awful awful taste is indescribable and I had to take it during Thanksgiving! I have not had cramps however I do have a faster heart rate and a enormous yeast infection and the next thing to pop up will be Thrush. I must say that the taste is getting better or maybe I am just getting used to the taste? I hope this helps someone with concerns

Comment from: debbieoh55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 24

Only been on this for 3 days and so far it really sucks. about a hour after taking the taste in my mouth is just horrible and than cramps start up and its run to the bathroom. Have to admitt the worst is this horrible taste that doesn't go away. even chewing gum and sucking on hard candy doesn't help. this morning feel really sick to my stomach. If it works after being in such pain it will be worth it

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 25

I was diagnosed with H.Pylori after having an upper endoscopy. This medication has so many side effects. I have 2 days left and I can't wait to be done. I experienced extreme fatigue, metallic taste in my mouth,sometimes it feels like my throat muscles tighten up and I can't swallow right. It lasts anywhere from a few minutes to an hour each day. I hope once I stop the meds it is not like that. I have had to run to the bathroom a couple times and had no control over holding it. Hot flashes, cold flashes, & it must be the meds because I had extensive labs done 6 days ago and they were all normal including hormone levels. I never want to do this combo again!! I hope it works.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 11

I had a headache the first 2 days and I have a bad taste in my mouth. My stomach hurt a little the first couple days, but it's actually better than before I started the meds. I used to have nausea and pain all of the time from H.Pylori and an ulcer and that is much better.

Comment from: dkaigley45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 23

I have had cronic heartburn for over 10 years. The PrevPak is working so far. Bitter taste in my mouth but I found that Biotene Dry Mouthwash really helps!!! I hope my heartburn is gone forever!

Comment from: roccogoin25-34 Published: January 15

I am on my 2nd day of treatment. So far I have had a bad taste in my mouth and constant cramping in my abdomen. I really hope this medication works.

Comment from: FLMAN65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 23

Early onset of several symptoms not terrible or horrible but livable. Midway through 14 program felt like symptoms were less severe and clearing up. at end of program seem to be fine some carry over of pennies in mouth otherwise seemed to have cured stomach problem.

Comment from: Carmen45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 09

i just started this medication and feel like i just want to stay home and sleep it off. i have the biggest headache ever and nausea. i don't know if i'll be able to handle this!!!

Comment from: casper45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 06

Taste is so gross!!! 2 pills are the worst I gagged!! Stomach is going down I am only size 3, 5"6. This infection is terrible only sign was swollen stomach!!! Side affect is lose stool not everytime.

Comment from: Phyll45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 18

I have been off the meds for almost 4 weeks now and I still feel the side affects. My muscles are very weak and I continue to have trouble sleeping. The meds did however work and they were easy for me to use. I hope I will not have to do another round of the meds.

Comment from: Red35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 20

I'm on day 4 of this medicine. Like others, I too am experiencing the metallic taste in my mouth, but no headaches or other pains. Taking Immodium has helped me tremendously with the cramping. I also find it easier to take this medicine on an empty stomach as another reviewer suggested. I wait at least 2 hours to eat after taking the medicine which has helped ease some of the side effects. I hope this stuff works because I don't think I could handle another round of this. This is absolutely the worst medication I have ever taken and I'm dreading the next 10 days until I'm done.

Comment from: christine35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 12

I been having on and of sweat during the day after medication. It's still very hard for me until I finish the medicine. I would like to hear from others whether what I'm experiencing is a side effect or if everyone that take Prepack has the same symptom. Please respond Thank You!

Comment from: Tom-H35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 06

I took 1 dose yesterday morning. After a few hours I was in pain equivalent to food poising. My doctor advised me not to take any more doses until I get in to see him next week. The pain didn't start to subside until 2am this morning. I will never take this again!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 16

taste problems, diarhea, sore tongue, dry mouth

Comment from: msh45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 13

This medicine made me have horrific headaches and flu like symptoms. I missed 2 days of work due to the side effects that are considered "rare" but severe. I stopped taking the medication.

Comment from: jenn19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 08

the med seem to be working but, it makes me have a nasty taste in my mouth.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 20

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 31

I have not had symptoms of ulcers but had nausea for 10 days when the lab said I was positve for this bacteria. I was 80% better before I started to take prevpac. Then I became much worse by the fourth day and went to the emergency room last night. They did an ultasound and my gall bladder was normal. The nausea is 100% caused by gas production in my stomach. No other symptoms but bloating and nausea. I forgot to take the medication this morning and almost felt normal the whole day. Took it at5 pm and was sick in one hour. Larry McGovern

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 02

cannot have a bowel movement

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 03

I just finished taking my 14 day treatment. The only side effect I had was the bad taste. What an awful taste. Seen chances in the first few days.

Comment from: patient45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 02

I have only taken one dose of the 14 day prepak, and I have been sick in the stomach all day, I feel like I could vomit at any time. I also have a bad taste in my mouth. I pray this gets better because I need the healing of the meds, but I don't know if I can handle the sickness for 14 days. They should give you something for nausea when they prescribe this.

Comment from: 2223125-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 08

I am now on day 11 of my 14 day treatment. I am taking this for an ulcer caused by H.pylori. I ate something on day 7 that caused me to have a minor ulcer attack. Not too helpful. I have been afraid to try anything else since then. I am hoping one treatment will do it. The first week I had nausea which caused me to vomit and also headaches. Durning the night I get the horrible taste in my mouth and also experienced extreme vaginal itching which was the worst part.

Comment from: shakacan45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 17

On day 6. Bad taste in mouth, only at night. Nausea and diarrhea that seems to happen only in the middle of the night. So, sleepless nights, tired. I am taking probiotics to counter the possibility of any yeast infections. I suggest using no less than 50 billion once a day and don't take it with the meds. Wait until an hour or two between the two. I am very skeptical regarding this treatment as it is proven that GERD, acid reflux, heartburn, etc., is caused by LOW acid. So, taking prevacid makes your acid even lower. I'm afraid in the end this is going to do more harm than good and I will forever be seeking medical advice for an ailment that won't go away. Hmmm, money train for the docs?

Comment from: smm25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 19

I've been on the prevpac for 6 days and while I think the meds are working the side effects are awful. Worst taste in my mouth...ever! Nothing gets rid of it. I also have been feeling pretty nauseous and running to the bathroom nonstop. I have no appetite. If the meds work then great it was worth it.

Comment from: JAS55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 12

ON THE DRUGS FOR SIX DAYS. NO SIDE EFFECTS WHAT SO EVER OTHER THAN ALL OF THE FOOD I AM CONSUMING. THIS PRODUCT HAS CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER.

Comment from: peabody45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 26

My test for H pylori came back okay (Ifound this out later) so I took it because the Dr told me too. My worst side effect was cankers sores in my mouth. It took 3 months to clear up. I could hardly eat and was very painful all for no reason. Make sure you look at the lab report if the dr says you have something. I shows the number and guidelines for Dr.

Comment from: Tim45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

The stuff is great. Absolutely no side effects. 14 day treatment very easy and I feel great!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 04

I HAVE SEVERE IRRIVERSIBLE HEARING LOSS FROM USING PREVACID AND ANTIBIOTIC COMBINED. EVERY PATIENT SHOULD BE WARNED ABOUT THIS POSSIBILITY. I NOW HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO TAKE ANTIBIOTICS OR ANY PAIN RELIEVERS THAT WILL INCREASED THE LOSS.

Comment from: vanillabean35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 13

After having read some reviews on the prevpac I was apprehensive about taking it. I have problems with anxiety and I don't like to take medication. I'm on Day 7 and haven't had any problems. My symptoms are gone, my appetite is back and I'm able to eat. The only side effects I've felt are that funny taste in the mouth and a dry mouth. I remedy that by sucking on hard candy or chewing gum. I also drink plenty of water. I take probiotics with my lunch and have had no problems with diarrhea or stomach cramping. Please keep in mind that the majority of people who take this drug have no problems and feel much better after taking it. People who have side effects are more likely to write reviews on websites. Don't be afraid to take this medication. People who are symptomatic and positive for H Pylori need to take this treatment. I love homeopathic/alternative medicine but there are no proven studies that any of that works to get rid of the H. Pylori once you've been infected. For me I will probably look to alternative/natural therapies (diet, herbs, honey, etc) once I complete the treatment. For me the motivation to stick with this treatment was the realization that I could become much sicker and develop ulcers or worse! Best wishes to everyone who is fighting this infection!

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 14

Worst side effects during the 14 day treatment was constant horrible taste, dry mouth, headaches, fatigue, mouth, tongue, and gums super sensitive to everything. Mouth, tongue, lips and gums still very sensitive and numbness 5 days after treatment, it's like I've eaten too many nuclear buffalo chicken wings. Hoping this is the only round of this medication I will need to take.

Comment from: xavierliz65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 18

My mother is 65 years old and after 5 days of taking this medication, she ended up in the ER. She was having problems breathing, severe chest, back, and neck pain. I do not recommend this medicine at all. My poor mother had to be on morphine for a couple of days until the pain subsided.

Comment from: annie april25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 03

For the first two days, i was feeling nauseating.. but after that it was gone.. But then onwards, with my meals, i feel an urgent need to go to loo.. black diarrhea after lunch and dinner everyday. Heart rate is high during bed time with anxiety levels higher. Not sure, if i should continue eating this med.. :(

Comment from: jzee55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 22

Difficult to rate since I haven't had the follow up to see if H Pylori was negative with follow up test. Ironically, I had no symptoms except for occasional heartburn. (who doesn't) The first five days were the worst with nausea, and metal taste. I'm on day 10 and can't wait! My saving grace was that the pharmacist said I could take the antibiotics with food as long as I too the Prevacid on and empty stomach. Certainly helped! A routine endoscopy (since I was having a colonoscopy I gave the "go ahead" for the endoscopy) where the H Pylori was found. I wonder if false positives are possible since I don't have any of the stomach symptoms others described.

Comment from: Jim Bob65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 06

I thank all the reviewers for their particular insight. Prepared accordingly but no nausea, no diahrea, rashes, headaches unexpected reaction. Have been exposed to antibiotics before and similar side effects. Kudos for drinking with milk or liquid yogurt. Plenty of water during the day. Light meals and plenty of fruity yogurt. Yeast based and bacterial probiotics three hours after the pill package is a great help. A brisk stroll before sleeping was also helpful. A sedantary approach induced the bowl activity. I am confident the result of eliminating the nasty intruder will help with the cronic heartburn.

Published: May 05

This is a response to JrKing 296. After taking Prevpac the blood test will come as positive H-pylor even if the bacteria is dead. It takes 8-10 years to blood test to show the real result. your doctor should know this. There is a breath test that could be done during this time.

Comment from: skellington131319-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 03

I'm almost done taking this med for an H. pylori infection. While I can't rate how effective it is for getting rid of the bacteria, I can say I feel so much better. My stomach has felt messed up for years, and it now feels better than it has in years. I didn't have very many side effects- bad taste, slight nausea, lack of appetite. I had really severe nausea the first night, but my fiance figured it was because I overate at dinner, so it might not be the Prevpac. Overall, I absolutely love this medication!

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 11

Comment from: fourbluesxipink35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 03

My daughter took this drug for 30 days because of a h-pylori. She was 14 years old. I will never forget those 30 days, nor will she. She had such severe stomach pain while taking it that she was rolling around on the floor in horrible pain many times. That was two years ago. Now my husband is taking it (14 days) with horrible stomach pain as well. He can't leave the house because his pain is so severe. He is incredibly uncomfortable, and I hear him moaning many times. It was the same way for my daughter. This has been a very difficult treatment in our household. However, it did work for my daughter, and cleared up her h-pylori in her stomach and she felt it was worth it.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 13

On day 4 of the treatment, so far so good! Have the occasional nausea and metallic taste in mouth, but positive thinking! Side effects are normal and it's controllable. Over halfway, 3 days left! Also my stomach is always growling... not sure if that's down to an increased appetite due to the meds. If it is, then I am happy because I've lost a lot of weight due to h.pylori.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 06

I tested positive for h pylori after symptoms of pain and burning. In retrospect, I may have been infected for years (after reading other people symptoms). I'm on the 3rd day and feel completely exhausted. Worse than I felt prior to diagnosis. I am not queasy- but have had the runs in the morning. So far so good during the day. I bought VSL#3 probiotics and started taking them today. Everything you read on line about these drugs is terrifying so a couple of my symptoms may be pscyhosomatic. I want to comment on the people who have been on multiple courses of these meds- according to research, you cannot take a blood test 2 weeks after treatment to determine if you are still infected as the antigens will still show up in your blood. You should wait 1-2 months and submit a fecal sample. That is the only true way to get a true result. You may be taking meds for no reason. Also, the strange side effects- seizures, tongue and mouth sores. According to the info given with the meds, you should contact your dr immediately if you have any of those symptoms.

Comment from: whytakeit65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 13

I posted the review here on 5/22/12 when I was on 6th day of taking Prevpac. After completion of the 14 day therapy of this drug, the better taste was gone. But, starting from the last 2 days of on this drug to this day, I have been feeling nausea, weak, lower back pain and stomack disconfort. I was a very healthy & active person, and I was not on any prescription drug before I started taking Prevpac. I regret having taken this drug solely based on the Urea Breath test. How reliable are the breath tests?

Comment from: whytakeit65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 22

I told my doctor about my dry mouth during an annual routine physical. He gave me a blood test for H. Pylori. The result was inconclusive. Then he gave me a breath test which was +. He perscibed me the Prevpac. But I do not have any of the symptms of stomach ulcer caused by H. Pylori. Since most people with H. Pylori have no symptms and I don't want to have the high risk of getting cancer. So, I decided to take it. I am on the sixth day of Prevpac. I have experienced bitter taste since taking the Prevpac. I don't know if it works for me or not since I didn't have any of the symptoms of this ulcer before I started Prevpac. My dry mouth seems worse after taking Prevpac.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 09

Finished course two weeks ago. Took for h pylori bacteria. Worked well and lost 11 pounds.

Comment from: bacflip425-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 19

This medication not only got rid of my h. pylori but it got rid of every sinle flora in my entire body. Chronic yeast for 6 months now ever since taking this drug. Also the same stomach burning sensation ever since that other people feel around their belly button. Never had problems like this before takig this medication. It has ruined the last 6 months of my life and who knows how much longer..

Comment from: better55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 02

Only on day three but so far, no ill effects. I do take with milk and have been consuming 2 yogurts each day so hopefully this is helping to offset some of the discomfort that this drug sometimes causes?

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 17

My doctor prescribed this after a positive H. Pylori blood test. An ulcer has not be specifically confirmed, but symptoms seem to indicate that I have one. My doctor ordered the three medications separately. I honestly don't know if they come combined. 20 mg of Lansoprazole, 1 g of Amoxicillin and 500 mg of Clarithromycin. The instructions from the doctor's office for taking them were to take the Lansoprazole a half hour before a meal (breakfast and dinner) and then take the two antibiotics after the meal. The only side effects I had from the meds were some minor diarrhea 24 hours after the first dose that lasted a few hours. I was feeling all better 36 hours. I did have ravenous hunger about two or three hours after the meds for the first two or three days but that went away. I did have a bitter/metalic taste in my mouth that would start about three hours after taking the meds and last for a few hours. It wasn't anything that affected my appetite. While I was eating I couldn't taste it. One other thing I did notice is I tended to feel more full then usual after eating. Other then those side effects I didn't have any others. No nausea, vomiting, upset stomach, etc. Since I just finished the protocol a few days ago I can't say that it has completely rid me of the infection. However, my heartburn has subsided quite a bit. I did read that it can take two to eight weeks for ulcers to completely heal after treatment. The biggest pain about the whole experience was remembering to take the proper pill at the proper time. I highly recommend doing the treatment. Chances are you'll have the same side effects I did (they are the most common) and they really aren't that bad considering the alternatives with having an untreated H. Pylori infection (bleeding ulcers and cancer).

Comment from: zebra6445-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

My reason for being put on this Prevpac was because of a bad infection of H-Pylori in my stomach lining.I had vomiting,severe stomach pain,no appetite prior to taking the Prevpac,almost immediately after starting the medication my symptoms started to improve.My only side effect is the funny taste in my mouth other than that I am very happy with the results.Just took my last dose,go back for a test in 2 months to see if the bacteria is still in check.

Comment from: whyme25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

I am on day 9 and I started to get the gas pains again. I am not sure if I should call my doctor. Yesterday I had a head ache and today my original symptoms started back. I have a killer yeast infection so i started taking pro-biotics, I will stop until I am finished but I really hope this work because I am tired of feeling under the weather.

Comment from: Phantom145-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

I took this medication for 13 of 14 days to treat an H-Pylori infection. The doctor asked me to stop on the 14th day when I had an allergic reaction to it. Baically I ended up with hives and severe itching. I've had this allergic reaction before so I knew exactly what to do. Its very stroong and leaves a filmy taste in your mouth but that goes away when you stop taking it.

Comment from: Strait855-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 02

Great experience other than diarrea. I had an EGD that ID'd bacteria in my stomach. I have had cronic hartburn for over 5 years and its gone. I do have increased joint pain but I have arthritis. I am 57 years old. I take the 4 pills 2X daily just before I eat and it helps trust me. I also read all the other comments cocerning the prepak...what a bunch of whimps. Just do it!

Comment from: breathless55-64 Published: January 08

I was not sick but tested positive for h-pylori no history of allergy or respitory problems was prescribed 14 days of prevpac on day 12 came down with respiratory distress and have had severe persistant asthma ever since (18 months)

Comment from: EB25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 18

Made me feel worse than I did before.

Comment from: Isabellle35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 28

I hate taking so much medication. The down side it's that it makes me extremely tired, I can't sleep at night, has scalated my migraines; However, I've had these health problems before so it basically just made them worst.

Comment from: manylander35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 01

I had an EGD and tested positive for H.Pylori. I have no ulcer or gastridis just general dyspepsia complaints. I am into the 7th day of this medicine. Last two days I've started to experience softer stools that require "immediate" trips to the bathroom. Plus every now and then I feel nauseated. I am also sleeping very bad, bordering insomnia but that might be due to stress or anxiety.Generally I nearly never suffer from side effects, but PrevPak is really testing me. The bad taste in the mouth is there every now and then too but that is not a big concern compared to the nausea and the runs. I am eating a lot of yogurt wit probiotics and will go get a probiotic pill later today. My research shows that the runs are due to the death of helpful bacteria in the intestines and probiotics and or yogurt is a good way to replenish those... I hate H.Pylori and hope that PrevPak, despite its horrible effects, will eradicate it from my system.

Comment from: Bianca45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 15

Medicines usually don't bother me but Prevpac is an exception, this is the most horrible medicine I ever used. I got all the side effects listed and it has made me very sick. I almost stopped it several times but did not since I do not want to go through this another time. The only thing that gave me relief was mixing honey and cinnamon that calmed my stomach and I could sleep. This mixture also gave me temporary relief from bad taste in my mouth. Some other side effects like blurred vision, head ache, and chest pain, and anxiety does not go away with anything. I am hoping this will all go away after 14 days treatment is over. To my opinion, they need to come up with something better.

Comment from: woodysgreen35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 11

alot of dirreah and burning during bowel movements and urination

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 09

can you take this meds with having copd