Proair

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 16

Not effective med for severe asthma. Very slow delivery, very short duration before par compared to other inhalers. Do not spend money on this inhaler.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 09

This is an awful product. The propulsion system is too weak. Sometimes I don't know if I received a dose with my spacer. Can't see or feel the mist. It's like voodoo. Maybe you won't die today if the invisible medication works. Very scary but my insurance won't pay for the ventolin any longer. Try to get anything else from your Dr.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 15

this product is a total waste of money. out of 200 "puffs" I probably got 40 good ones. You let them know and all they do is thank you for your feedback but does nothing to get you the puffs you lost back these inhalers are not cheap. Customer service is a joke and they tell you the inhaler has to be cleaned a certain way and then they have troubleshoot the inhaler. Really? what kind of troubleshooting can anyone do on an inhaler over the phone? The rep said they can tell OVER THE PHONE(lmao)when it's washed and cleaned by the spray if the unit is working, they can even tell you how far the spray is. At that I had to let the conversation go. I am just going to go back to Ventolin and pay for it myself. The Ventolin inhaler costs a little more and my insurance won't pay for it but they last about 4 months compared to the PROAIR that so far last maybe 2 weeks

Related Reading: proair

Comment from: Angela M55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 05

This is a poor product and the delivery has malfunctioned so far on three separate inhalers. I have been able to get replacements via my pharmacy but had to pay my copay again each time!

Comment from: ASTHMA-KID55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 31

I have had asthma for over 40 years. PROAIR is the worse inhaler I have ever used. They say that they stopped the others because of the HFC in the environment but I bet the persons making the decisions were not asthma sufferers. I use VENTOLIN which is much better. PROAIR is a placebo if you ask me.

Related Reading: asthma | proair

Comment from: cpav119-24on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 05

I would like to contact the pharmaceutical company directly, but the quality of this inhaler is terrible. It constantly clogs and you have to run it under water all the time to unclog it. The metered puffs are also inconsistent- one puff will be full and the next will be next to nothing. The albuterol does help my asthma and ease my breathing but the inconsistency and flimsiness is something for the manufacturer to be embarrassed of. I don�t think I�ve ever gotten a full 200 metered use out of it. Disappointed.

Related Reading: albuterol | asthma

Comment from: strike25065-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 29

My husband just started using inhalers and the first time used Ventolin which worked perfect. His doctor prescribed Proventil and our prescription plan gave him ProAir. The pump was faulty from the beginning. When I had asthma years ago I never experienced a faulty pump. What a waste of money. This should be taken off the market. This is a life threatening situation.

Related Reading: proventil | proair | asthma

Comment from: Jweld55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 09

It is a piece of junk and I consider it dangerous, the generic inhaler is a 1000s better. I found out from my pharmacist that the doctors who prescribe proair got a 25.00 "thank you" from the pharma.....I think its dangerous to do this and I am going to ask my doctor next week to change it. Otherwis I will have to seek a doctor that cares that my generic drugs are free from my insurance and that adds up to 600.00 a year out of my pocket.

Related Reading: proair

Comment from: AWat35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 10

This inhaler is effective when it works. After 60 puffs it clogs and will no longer spray out. It is not very comforting having asthma and not knowing if the inhaler will work when you need it

Related Reading: asthma

Comment from: Puff45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 12

Everyone is different and medications may not benefit some as it does others. I find it causing more complications. More Coughing and shortness of breathe without relief. Wheezing.

Comment from: Miss Turk35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 25

went to an urgent care facility for severe cough and they gave me this. 4-5 days later i am still coughing and have the same condition. This inhaler is useless. I have had a great experience with symbicort. I should have just asked for that. The same doctor suggested my 10 year old daughter use the same inhaler because she was having difficulty breathing. it did not work.

Related Reading: cough | symbicort

Comment from: Tinamcg145-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 02

I take this medication (ProAir HFA ) for my bronchitis. I developed sharp chest pains for about 3-4 days then was ok for about 2-3 days and now my rib area has been in a dull yet uncomfortable pain. Can't lay on my left side. Bumps and movement cause it to hurt. When I said I had chest pain my doctor put me in for observation of my heart. Which all came out with a good diagnosis. It states "rare but serious side effect" how come doctors don't look at any interactions and side effects with any meds your on to knock out any irregularities first then continue on with any other research of the cause of your symptoms.

Related Reading: proair | bronchitis | chest pain

Comment from: sandy65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 01

I have been using this since March 2017, so far I use it before I know I am going to do something that will set off my breathing, so far it has worked.

Comment from: Shannon Sage35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 29

This is the worst inhaler on the market. When you need a rescue inhaler you need one that works like Proventil. This inhaler uses a powder that makes your attack even worse. I’ve been to the emergency room twice now because of this inhaler because for some reason Walgreens won’t give me Proventil even though that’s what my doctor prescribed. STAY AWAY from this inhaler.

Related Reading: proventil

Comment from: Raellmore25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 17

Works within seconds for me, luckily, for my asthma symptoms. Much quicker than inhalers I've used in the past.

QUESTION