Progesterone Injection

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 19

I am being a surrogate. At first no pain giving myself injections. Then rotating side to side was somewhat sore. Well I got an itchy rash from it, the oil that the progesterone was in I am allergic to. It works very well but I am switching to endrometrim, a vaginal tablet. I'm 3 weeks pregnant so it's working.

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: jandasmom, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 01

My first child was born at 26 weeks. Started Prog IM at 20 weeks for second pregnancy. Carried until 34 weeks. Was on 6 weeks bedrest and had previa. Injection is painful becuase it is just so thick, but a good ice pack and it was worth it.

Related Reading: pregnancy

Comment from: YoMama, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 03

If you heat up a rice pack and wrap it around your filled syringe, it thins the oil making it much easier and painfree to inject. I do get itchy and red marks at my injection sites some time. Overall, it helps me continue early pregnancy due to low progesterone levels. Taking it IM is way more effective than taking the pills either orally and vaginally (huge mess).

Comment from: [email protected], 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 27

im so glad im on this drug it has brrn a god send