Prolixin

Comment from: [email protected], 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 02

it was something i needed to keep me sedated kept me calm without a feeling of nervousnous

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 23

Almost overnight, my daughter with Parnoid Schizophrenia went from very delusional and confrontational to "back to her old self"--except with the shaking. The shapking is being controlled with Cogentin. The Prolixin does make her sleepy.

Related Reading: schizophrenia | cogentin | prolixin

Comment from: MarshMan, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 25

Just got out of a hospital, carrier clinic in NJ, where I was prescribed prolixin shots and pills. Along with that I have been taking Lamictal, benztropine, tegretol, tenormin, and ambien CR. So far i feel much different from the way I used to feel on saphris or abilify for antiphychotic meds and also got put in hospital when I always felt wide awake and couldnt eat. I can eat now and the only reason I made satisfaction a 3 out of 5 is that I just started and cant figure out how well this is helping me. I still feel alittle anxiety and misplaced energy but at least this drug does not make me feel sleepy all the time and it also feels like my brain is not dumbed down. It actual gives me a sense of well being which I have not had in ages, even though I have been prescribed anti-depressants in the past. It has more effectiveness and than any of the other meds. Overall as of now I feel much better and looking for a way to channel my new found sense of well-being.

Related Reading: prolixin | lamictal | benztropine

Comment from: Fur shizzel my nizzel, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 05

I've been there and done that with most mainstream medications to treat severe anxiety and related depression. I went from non-functional and almost bedridden. In my case I almost immediately felt my anxiety ease. Unlike most other meds I did not feel tired or lethargic. So no zombie feeling. Actually just the opposite. I'm getting up easier and feel more focused since I don't have constant anxiety and bipolar mood swings. Although xanax is required at times, I'm not taking nearly as much. I am also taking zoloft in addition. I hope this helps someone. It definately helped me. So far two thumbs up!!!

Related Reading: anxiety | depression | xanax

Comment from: masl, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 27

mood changes,aggression,sleep disturbances

Comment from: thunderbird214, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 18

the medication has made me shake uncontrollable and i'm sick to my stomach all the time i would rather committ sucide than take this drug

Comment from: Do not take this drug, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 17

My daughter developed Neuroleptic Malignant syndrome and ending up in the ICU. Her whole body was shaking, slurred speech, lost control of bladder, heart rate shot way up and blood pressure. It was a nightmare.

Comment from: terry, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 19

I shake continually.My neck and hands and arms.

Comment from: Rich74, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 19

This was a HORRIBLE med 4 me!!! It cramped up all my muscles---especially my jaw muscles. My teeth were literally grinding against each other. I now list it as an allergy for me.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: Rae, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 29

I have my Spouse, the man I married, back!!! I noticed results in his voice & speech within the first 24 hours of taking this medication. He came home from the hospital after 4 nights of being on this medication. All this after 4.5 years of dealing with his delusions, hallucinations, & psychosis.

Published: February 27

what and how frequent are the serious side effects of prolix; when was it approved by fda? i rated the 3 questions because i could not complete this e mail with doing so; i have never taken it

Comment from: ZyprexNOT, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 24

Prolixin (Prolixyn was the spelling used with me)is a potent brain poison used to torture people. In my case Psychiatry was weaponised by the very wealthy and influential psychologist mother of a former girlfriend. I nearly died from the effects of this medicine and was permanently damaged. This drug has been used as an interrogation device and chemical restraint at secret U.S.A. extraterritorial rendition prisons. This drug lacks efficacy in the treatment of disorders and is what influences school shooters to shoot, maim and kill. This drug does similar damage to all mammals and its knowledge should be allowed to expire from human consciousness. It is nothing more than a by product of herbicide production and as such highly promotes advers sentitivity to even the minutest presence of herbicides. It promotes endocrine imbalance and erosive damageto the metabolic, muscular,cardiac, frontal lobe and vascular systems. This drug similarly effects both healthy and purported mentally ill individuals in an identical fashion. Although there may be some individuals who will claim efficacy or lack of action there are some among them who are simply deceiving the psychiatric community by not taking it and claiming they have because they SO FEAR THE EFFECT that they believe avoidance is justified. This drug has NO CORE EFFECT. This drug is a psychiatrists excuse to chase side effects as if they were symptoms of a disease. It is the pivot point of a debauched charlatanistic quackery and all who hail it as anything positive should be expelled from medicine and punished by incarceration for a minimum of six months of actual consecutive days.

Related Reading: prolixin

Comment from: cnspillman, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 21

I was perscribed prolixin for hallucinations due to bipolar I... It has kinda helped, but im still having auditory hallucinations. I wish this or haldol would work for me...

Related Reading: prolixin | haldol