Proquin XR

Comment from: 25-34 Published: December 19

my mother was not a mentally stable person and would give me somethime 40 to 50 goldenseal root capsules a day along with a crap load of other herbs from the age of 7 till 17. i suffered from seizures, cuncussions and paralisis in my limbs. i now have progressive white matter and lesions on my brain and permanent central nervous system issues. please remember that even natural things can cause harm. dont give this to children. and report abuse because sometimes even the victim dont know till its too late.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 02

I have used goldenseal topically for glandular infections, for minor skin abrasions such as blemishes, and for feline abscesses. This product has reduced pain, swelling, and helped relieve infection symptoms without any additional antibiotic use.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 08

bloody nose - never had before- dripped till pressure applied- stopped 2 days after stopped supplement

Comment from: 35-44 Published: August 07

I've been using Goldenseal and Echinacea capsules to treat flu. Could not be happier! This combination is recommended for Type-A blood treatments for the flu. Be aware that it cannot be taken continuously. Just my 2 cents.

Related Reading: goldenseal | echinacea | flu

Comment from: 55-64 Published: January 16

I have used Goldenseal for the past 30 years when needed for upper respiratory infections or as a mouthwash. I am 58, and have only needed to take two antibiotics in the past 25 years, and I take no other pharmaceuticals.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 09

I used to work as an environmental educator and came across the benefits of goldenseal when combined with echinacea in a tincture. Since then I use the tincture (20 drops 3x a day for 1-2 weeks). In most cases this has worked to stop the onset of the cold or flu, but seems to not be as effective once I'm sick. If I combine the treatment with 1,000mg of rose hips capsules, I see better results as well.

Related Reading: goldenseal | echinacea | flu

Comment from: PEC7777735-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 27

My husband and I are both in our 40's. We were using the same herbal remedies for a sore throat, except, on Friday night and Saturday mid-day, I used this goldenseal treatment - put 15 drops my organic market goldenseal in 1 1/2 inches of warm water with salt. Gargle with mixture. Make a 2nd batch WITH NO SALT and drink. Can chase this with more water if the taste bothers you. This morning, Sunday, I woke up with no sore throat or unusual congestion. He woke up with chest congestion. We both slept the same number of hours to get better - about 12 hours. Typically, he has a great immune system and fights illness faster than me. This is the first time, I have done better, and I credit the goldenseal. I do take Synthroid and have half a thyroid. I make sure that treatments like this are done 4 or more hours after taking my medicine. Hopefully, I won't have to take more than 2 goldenseal treatments. If the sore throat comes back today, I will take another treatment until it's gone.

Related Reading: sore throat | goldenseal | synthroid

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 13

Goldenseal works great! Do not let the fake FDA fool you! They don't make money from goldenseal. They make it from keeping you addicted to there drugs!!!

Related Reading: goldenseal

Comment from: it really works45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 12

It started out as a kidney infection, then turned into a bladder infection. plus i was having liver pain. I was in bad shape. Took goldenseal(root) for 7 days, It cleared up all my infections plus my liver is not hurting anymore. WOW!!!

Comment from: Melanie45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: April 18

This has stopped colds developing more times that I can remember. The second I even feel a slight suggestion of a cold (you have to use it the moment you suspect a cold might be on the way) I take 2 ml in water. It tastes disgusting but I mix with juice. Seriously, the cold just disappears. It's my miracle go to when I feel a tingling in my throat or the sense a temperature is brewing.

Urinary Incontinence in Women: Types, Causes, and Treatments for Bladder Control See Slideshow