Provera

Comment from: Kimberly 45-54 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: September 07

I am waiting a hysterectomy and I am experiencing horrible headaches .. I’m on 10mg 3x a day to stop my bleeding and clots (hemoglobin is dropping).. I have 3 fibroids the size of tangerines and an elongated polyp.. the nausea is horrible and the cramping is present .. I’m taking 4 iron pills a day and 3 b12 pills as well .. I think this works but not for my condition ..

Comment from: Rose 25-34 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: May 28

I have huge fibroids and I’m taking 20mg now up from 10 to stop heavy bleeding and my anemia so I can be ready for a hysterectomy. My bleeding stopped again after upping the dosage but my god the cramping and nausea is terrible . I’m so miserable with the random queasiness and I swear it’s making my uterus worse. It feels bigger now. I’m ready for this to be over.

Comment from: Elginn 25-34 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 08

I have uterine fibroids. My doctor prescribed me medroxyprogestron /provera. It was working for about 1 and a half months i had no period. It stopped working now i'm back to very heavy periods. I have an appointment coming up to talk about what is going on. Any one ealse having a similar situation?

Related Reading: uterine fibroids | provera

Comment from: Chills 65-74 Female 1 to less than 2 years Patient Published: November 24

Been taking this medication in combo with estrogen for significant post menopausal symptoms. It has worked, but I do notice having less patience and increased angerability which is not normal for me. Wondering if anyone else notices same.

Comment from: Trayana R. 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 10

I missed my period 3 months straight. I even spent over $100 on pregnancy tests because my SO and I thought I was pregnant but after going to the doctor and telling him what was going on, he prescribed me Provera. He told me to take it for 10 days to see what would happened but it’s only been 5 days into taking it. This is the best medicine that has been made for women with irregular periods so if you have them please talk to your doctor about it.

Related Reading: pregnancy | provera

Comment from: Tai 25-34 Female 6 months to less than 1 year Patient Published: May 24

I went 7 years with no period. Doctor gave me provera. This is my 2nd time using it to have a period. It definitely works. But the periods I have are so heavy definitely abnormally heavy. Every hour I have to change my sanitary products. I dislike the fact the period is so heavy. But it's what I have to do. I had a normal cycle when I was younger, after I had my son my periods just quit. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and Melobolic syndrome. Me and my husband are wanting to have another baby our only child is about to turn 9. Hopefully with the provera and clomid we has a successful pregnancy.

Related Reading: provera | clomid | pregnancy

Comment from: 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: May 12

I’m very dissatisfied with Provera. It has not eased or stopped my heavy bleeding. Went from 10mg/2 tablets daily to 60 mgper day. Also makes me dizzy. Absolutely useless!

Comment from: Emgee 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: April 17

I started provera 10mg for 10 days on 4/3/19. I have PCOS and have not had a period in over 6 months or so. On 4/15 I started spotting and today I had a light period. Taking the pill I had no side effects, except for slight cramps here or there. But once me period wanted to start, I had the worst cramps which kept me up that night - (Mind you , I have fibromyalgia) so it might not be as bad for others. Even with that, I would still recommend Provera.

Related Reading: provera | fibromyalgia

Comment from: 55-64 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: December 01

I had no period since 2013 I am currently 57 yrs old, so menopause sounded like the natural thing that was happening.I have a thickening uterus, Once I stated this medicine all I had was heavy heavy bleeding and cramps, its terrible. Dr. wants me on it for 3 months. I can't bleed for 3 months this is crazy. My Body hurts I have headaches.Ugh Just take my uterus out already.

Comment from: 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 11

i took medroxyprogestron bcoz delayed in periods for almost 1.5 months i took 5 days dosage one in the morning one in the night. after completion of 5 days the spot occurs on 8 th day and the now the periods r going normal . Thanks to the tablet

Comment from: Teena 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: October 11

I had to take Provera so to slow the amount of times I menstruate. Sometimes every 2nd week, 3x days very heavy with clots finished by day 7-8. I took the first pill on the day before my monthly and had headaches with mood swings. My monthly started the next day, it was very light over 5days. My headaches and mood swing disappeared on day 2 of my monthly... unsure whether I should continue

Comment from: 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: August 13

So I got given this drug when I had irregular bleeding due to my birth control, and I was told to take it and it will help to regulate. Literally day 1 I developed the worst headaches and I am so fatigued. I haven't experience mood changes but the headache itself makes me regret taking the drug- I stopped taking it after the 3rd day, it was just too sore. I don't recommend if you are prone to headaches.... :/

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: KayDee 25-34 Female less than 1 month Caregiver Published: July 06

I was prescribed this medication because I had not had a cycle in 3 1/2 years and at first I was skeptical, but I took it anyway. I was given 10mg for 5 days. I began on a Wednesday and took the last pill on Sunday, by the following Wednesday, I had my cycle...it lasted 9 long days. Although I was happy that the drug worked, I was also happy when my cycle stopped because it was lots of cramps and clots.

Comment from: NGS3429 45-54 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 13

My cycles have become extremely heavy and stayed for 2 weeks due to the location of my fibroids so I was provided Provera to take 10 days after the end of my cycle. My next cycle was must lighter (normal) and stayed for 3 days(my normal). My only complaint is that you must be exact with it because my cycles are also irregular and came 11 days early, so I am now suffering with a heavy cycle, but I am having an IUD inserted tomorrow. Hopefully, it will remedy my problem and I won't have to worry about taking pills, heavy bleeding accompanied by huge clots or irregular cycles.

Comment from: 25-34 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: April 05

I have always had irregular periods. I have 1 boy which we conceived naturally but we have been trying for almost 3 years now to have another baby. My doctor prescribed me with provera to induce my period. I staryed my induced period 3 days after i finished with the 10 day provera. So on day 13...this is my second time taking it as I found out I have not been ovulating. He also prescribed me with Clomid to take on day 3 of my cycle. . When I first took provera I had headaches, I was tired all day, very moody and got alot of acne on my face. But when I stopped taking it all the symptoms went away. We will see if I develop any of the same symptoms again the second time around.

Related Reading: provera | clomid | acne

Comment from: Extasis 19-24 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: November 21

I had not had a period in 3 years, and my obgyn prescribed this. At first I did not think it was gonna work, I was on the 10 day plan but I stopped on the 6th day and it still worked! I have been on my period for 7 days now and they have been extremely heavy to the point I thought something was wrong. I do not have a appetite, no migraine, no swelling, I am experiencing weight loss 4 pounds in a week.

Comment from: Migraine Girl 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: September 27

Only made it through day 4 of medication out of 10 days. Suffered from multiple migraines which would have been important to know from my GYN since it's in my chart that I suffer from chronic headaches & migraines!! Worst migraines I have ever suffered! Also experienced alot of bloating & cramping but never started my period.

Comment from: Meiko513 13-18 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 22

This medication caused me to get severe headaches, dizziness and I have trouble sleeping. I was fine until I started to take the medication. My life has become a nightmare now. I went to the ER twice for chest pain, headaches, nausea,dizziness. Then, i went to the ER for a third time to do a CT scan and then my arm got bruised for the needles that were stuck to me. I had a severe migraine at the hospital which they treated me but I still have it hasn't gone away. My life has become a nightmare thanks to those provera pills i took. I'm 18 years old btw.

Related Reading: dizziness | chest pain | provera

Choosing Your Birth Control Method See Slideshow
Comment from: Lara Philips 25-34 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 14

It really reduced the menopausal symptoms which I earlier felt.

Comment from: joy 45-54 Female less than 1 month Patient Published: July 09

took this drug to stop my period that was lasting almost a month. I did abruptly stopped it and I finished the 7th day pills. Two days after I started bleeding a lot. soaked 2 pads within an hour. cramps are present with big clots. I called my ob and she put me on 600 milligram ibuprofen every 6 hours but it didn't help. I am still having a heavy bleeding and it's day 2 now for me. I wonder if someone has the same experienced as mine. I am 49 years old and might be in pre menopause age.

Related Reading: ibuprofen