Provera

Comment from: Extasis19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 21

I had not had a period in 3 years, and my obgyn prescribed this. At first I did not think it was gonna work, I was on the 10 day plan but I stopped on the 6th day and it still worked! I have been on my period for 7 days now and they have been extremely heavy to the point I thought something was wrong. I do not have a appetite, no migraine, no swelling, I am experiencing weight loss 4 pounds in a week.

Comment from: KayDee25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 06

I was prescribed this medication because I had not had a cycle in 3 1/2 years and at first I was skeptical, but I took it anyway. I was given 10mg for 5 days. I began on a Wednesday and took the last pill on Sunday, by the following Wednesday, I had my cycle...it lasted 9 long days. Although I was happy that the drug worked, I was also happy when my cycle stopped because it was lots of cramps and clots.

Comment from: Emgee25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 17

I started provera 10mg for 10 days on 4/3/19. I have PCOS and have not had a period in over 6 months or so. On 4/15 I started spotting and today I had a light period. Taking the pill I had no side effects, except for slight cramps here or there. But once me period wanted to start, I had the worst cramps which kept me up that night - (Mind you , I have fibromyalgia) so it might not be as bad for others. Even with that, I would still recommend Provera.

Related Reading: provera | fibromyalgia

Comment from: Tai25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 24

I went 7 years with no period. Doctor gave me provera. This is my 2nd time using it to have a period. It definitely works. But the periods I have are so heavy definitely abnormally heavy. Every hour I have to change my sanitary products. I dislike the fact the period is so heavy. But it's what I have to do. I had a normal cycle when I was younger, after I had my son my periods just quit. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with PCOS and Melobolic syndrome. Me and my husband are wanting to have another baby our only child is about to turn 9. Hopefully with the provera and clomid we has a successful pregnancy.

Related Reading: provera | clomid | pregnancy

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 12

I’m very dissatisfied with Provera. It has not eased or stopped my heavy bleeding. Went from 10mg/2 tablets daily to 60 mgper day. Also makes me dizzy. Absolutely useless!

Related Reading: provera

Comment from: Teena45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 11

I had to take Provera so to slow the amount of times I menstruate. Sometimes every 2nd week, 3x days very heavy with clots finished by day 7-8. I took the first pill on the day before my monthly and had headaches with mood swings. My monthly started the next day, it was very light over 5days. My headaches and mood swing disappeared on day 2 of my monthly... unsure whether I should continue

Comment from: NGS342945-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 13

My cycles have become extremely heavy and stayed for 2 weeks due to the location of my fibroids so I was provided Provera to take 10 days after the end of my cycle. My next cycle was must lighter (normal) and stayed for 3 days(my normal). My only complaint is that you must be exact with it because my cycles are also irregular and came 11 days early, so I am now suffering with a heavy cycle, but I am having an IUD inserted tomorrow. Hopefully, it will remedy my problem and I won't have to worry about taking pills, heavy bleeding accompanied by huge clots or irregular cycles.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 05

I have always had irregular periods. I have 1 boy which we conceived naturally but we have been trying for almost 3 years now to have another baby. My doctor prescribed me with provera to induce my period. I staryed my induced period 3 days after i finished with the 10 day provera. So on day 13...this is my second time taking it as I found out I have not been ovulating. He also prescribed me with Clomid to take on day 3 of my cycle. . When I first took provera I had headaches, I was tired all day, very moody and got alot of acne on my face. But when I stopped taking it all the symptoms went away. We will see if I develop any of the same symptoms again the second time around.

Related Reading: provera | clomid | acne

Comment from: Trayana R.19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 10

I missed my period 3 months straight. I even spent over $100 on pregnancy tests because my SO and I thought I was pregnant but after going to the doctor and telling him what was going on, he prescribed me Provera. He told me to take it for 10 days to see what would happened but it’s only been 5 days into taking it. This is the best medicine that has been made for women with irregular periods so if you have them please talk to your doctor about it.

Related Reading: pregnancy | provera

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 01

I had no period since 2013 I am currently 57 yrs old, so menopause sounded like the natural thing that was happening.I have a thickening uterus, Once I stated this medicine all I had was heavy heavy bleeding and cramps, its terrible. Dr. wants me on it for 3 months. I can't bleed for 3 months this is crazy. My Body hurts I have headaches.Ugh Just take my uterus out already.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 11

i took medroxyprogestron bcoz delayed in periods for almost 1.5 months i took 5 days dosage one in the morning one in the night. after completion of 5 days the spot occurs on 8 th day and the now the periods r going normal . Thanks to the tablet

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 13

So I got given this drug when I had irregular bleeding due to my birth control, and I was told to take it and it will help to regulate. Literally day 1 I developed the worst headaches and I am so fatigued. I haven't experience mood changes but the headache itself makes me regret taking the drug- I stopped taking it after the 3rd day, it was just too sore. I don't recommend if you are prone to headaches.... :/

Related Reading: headache