Pulmicort Respules

Comment from: Donna, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 19

It is a great treatment for asthma, however, the severe fatigue is an understatement. At night all I can think about is going to sleep because I am so tired! I thought I was going crazy, but when I read this in your reviews, I felt better knowing it was the medication and not " just me " feeling strange! I had to go off of it because I have developed acid reflux and I am being treated for that. I think Pulmicort has alot of side affects that are NOT mentioned. I was fine, health-wise, before I took this stuff and now I am a mess. It does control asthma, but now it has cropped up other problems that I am not too happy about.

Related Reading: asthma | fatigue

Comment from: trace, 3-6 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 08

causes excessive impulse behavior and complete loss of appetite. also causes penis problems.

Comment from: Concerned Mother, 7-12 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 09

Has anyone experienced weight gain with Pulmicort? My son is very active and eats like a normal 12 yr old, but he continues to gain weight,especially around the middle. I hve found that weight gain is a side affect. He is fatigued and has a really stuffy/runny nose all of the time.

Comment from: tryin2Bme, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 28

I have tryed this drug several times. My breathing is immediately effected. I can feel my breathing getting worse. I visited my MD today and she told me to start using it again. I had already told her that my breathing worsened..It causes allergy problems, sleep problems, me to be very nervous, weight gain and very hungry. Facial swelling also. This is not a good drug to use.

Related Reading: allergy

Comment from: cameron2, 3-6 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 01

My 6 yr old grandson has been taking pulmicort in a breathing machine for a week, and has severe dirreah and horrible mood swings. He can not go to sleep.

Published: February 29

The medication leaves a horrible taste in my mouth, I also have a few blisters in my mouth

Comment from: volgirl, 3-6 on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 08

my daughter keeps complaining of a headache (at the age of 31/2) which is a side effect per my pediatrician

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: Genesm, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: November 06

I had an asthma attack that woke me from my sleep. I could not breathe my throat was so constricted. After a minute or so it opened up. I had test done and it was determined that I was alergic to dust mites that caused the attack. I have been on Pulmicort for about 11 years now and it works very well. I do have another rescue inhaler but seldom need it. I take two puffs from the pulmicort inhaler each morning and sometimes before bedtime as needed. It works well.

Comment from: Yatnaes, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

I didnt use my rescue inhaler or nebulizer nearly as much when taking this medicine but boy oh boy were the side effects horrible! After taking two puffs each day for about 2-3 months, I started to notice that my vision was extremely blurry. I would also have the worst mood swings that I would blame on PMS but it would last much much longer. I've also gained weight and couldnt understand why. (Before Pulmicort, I was doing prednisone and Advair, resp.) Ugh!

Related Reading: prednisone

Comment from: Mandy, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 21

I have two children that are on this medication, I have been happy with it. It has been concerning to me that my older son has been on it since he was six months old and he has always been an active child, but He is hasn’t be able to control his weight or lose any. Now he six years old and around 106 to 110 pounds, He also is aggressive and unable to sleep or wake up in the morning.

Comment from: 0-2 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 19

My 2 year old daughter has been taking pulmicort through a nebulizer for 6 months now. She is really aggressive and it really hasn't kept her out of the doctors office. She still gets asthma flare ups and has to go on prednisone it seems like every month.

Related Reading: asthma | prednisone

Comment from: Izzie, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 14

My son was extremely aggressive while on this medication, and he experienced intense mood swings as well. His behavior improved immensely and his mood swings disappeared after he stopped taking it.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 31

my son is 5. first winter season on this med (he was 3) used this twice a day, spring he went off and only had one attack all summer! his asthma is also triggered my allergies. so this is a HUGE improvement. this winter on only one does a day. has had only 2 flare ups this winter and 1 hospital trip. Much improvment. As I said his asthma is triggered by allergies too and of course when suffering respitory infection. this has improved his daily activities so much. we hope in a few years he will need NO medication relief at all! His coughing syptoms when flaring up has decreased so much I recommed you see your pedetrician if your child suffers as mine did and didnt really need to. (by the way his doctor didnt recommed 1st we were notified by our insurance co. because they beleived he was abusing (using to much) of albuterol on a regular basis. this has cut his fast releif of needind albuterol by 80%

Related Reading: albuterol

Comment from: Jim, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 15

best treatment I've had to prevent asthma symtoms

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 24

taking this medication for occasional flareups of my asthma which seem to be pretty bad as of recent. much more effective than albuterol treatments. ive noticed my appetite has increased significantly no weight gain but then again i work out fairly regularly. im also experiencing random joint pain. (ankle and shoulder) the fatigue is pretty annoying. even with these side effects i will pick pumicort over albuterol any day. it effectively relieves chest tightness and bronchospasms way better than any other treatment ive tried.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: amineh1825, 25-34 on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 05

My daughter is only 6 and has been on pulmicort for the last 5 years and it seems that she is getting larger and larger.

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 11

Caused severe fatigue

Comment from: Terr, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 19

I also have the BP issue when I start this drug. My Dr. also tells me to keep taking it instead of looking at alternatives. Even after my BP was extremely high and he wanted me to start another med for the BP. I stopped the Pulmicort instead and my next visit (a week later) my BP dropped to 120/80. He still wanted me to take this medication as my breathing was worse! I refuse to take it more then once a day and only in the Spring and Summer when my symptoms worsen! By the way I have more then one Pharmacist tell me thay yes the medication can increase BP!!!

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 19

Works wonders for the asthma symptoms. I even forget that I suffer from it. The only negative that I have is I get thrush constantly (also with advair). I'm looking into something else because of it. I've had thrush over a dozen times while on this medicine. Bummer because it works so well.

Related Reading: thrush

Comment from: Judy, on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 14

I have been diagnosed with mild asthma and COPD. A remarkable difference in the amount of wheezing and SOB with Pulmicort. Great Drug!

Related Reading: copd

QUESTION

Asthma is a chronic respiratory disease. See Answer
Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 12

The best treatment for me has been Advaire.

Comment from: Terr, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 21

My Dr. put me on this medication and my BP increased. I go off of it and my BP returns to normal. I have asked to try other medications and he tells me to keep using the Pulmicort. I will only use it for a couple of weeks at a time when I am despirit for relief.

Comment from: kasmith1960, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: May 18

Have not been able to wean off oral steroids so allegist increased dose and had severe bronchial spasms, severe breathing, throat swelling, lips & eye swelling, chest pain & stomach ache-skin rash severe itching-mood swings & crying-would NOT recommend this medication

Related Reading: chest pain | rash

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: June 15

I've been taking Pulmicort for several years now, and it has allowed me to keep my asthma under control where other medications failed. I am dealing with side effects such as dry mouth, bruising easy, and I'm prone to infections and get sick much easier than before I started taking the drug. However, the side effects are preferable to the asthma attack I would regularly have prior to taking the drug.

Related Reading: asthma | dry mouth

Comment from: 3-6 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: June 04

my young son took this medication for quite some time, starting around 3 months old. he swelled up and retained fluid, was sick all of the time, in the hospital every 3 months and at the doctor's office at least once a month. i stopped giving it to him and now his asthma only flares up every once in a while.