Pyridium

Comment from: julievojo, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

This will turn your urine a bright orange color, so wear a pad so you don't stain your clothing. It works very well and greatly relieves the pain of the infection until the antibiotics can kick in.

Comment from: cathych, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 23

after just one dose, (my pee turned the orange color after that), all that burning from my uti was gone. It was a godsend.

Comment from: momoftwo2, 25-34 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 25

I don't know what I would do without this medication. It works within half an hour for me. The orange urine doesn't bother me as long as the pain goes away! I have been using it for frequent urinary tract infections for over 15 years now. I have never had a side effect from it either.

Related Reading: urinary tract infections

Comment from: [email protected], 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 06

I seem to have a lot of itching and after taking this Drug three times a day for three days that night I had a fast heart beat. A lot of burning when I urinate. The Itching started with my arms now it's all over my body.

Comment from: nikiblast, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 13

For some odd reason my kidneys hurt like heck when I take it. So I had to either bear the urinary pain or the pain in my kidneys(which was worst than the urinary pain)

Comment from: msturtle06, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 09

I had a terrible allergic reaction. Fortunately, I was already on Prednisone for another problem and popped two Benadryls and rushed to the hospital. My eyes were swelling shut, as was my throat. I'm allergic to Sulfa but I was assured there was none in this drug. If you have allergies, be very wary of this drug.

Related Reading: prednisone

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 20

this medicine is awesome!It helped me so much with my pain with interstitial cystitis.the only bad side effect was bad cottonmouth and a scratchy voice.

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 11

This was my first UTI. Treatment will turn urine orange-red color, which is normal. I experienced some dizziness but it subsided after the first day. Only take for as long as you are on antibiotic, about 2 or 3 days, which worked very well for me.

Related Reading: dizziness

Comment from: mary rothwell, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I know when I'm getting a bladder infection. I've lerned over the years to recognize it immediately. First I make an appointment with my Doc andthen go by Pyridium. Works like a charm....only one thing though, I have to double the dose to get the soonest effect.

Related Reading: bladder infection | pyridium

Comment from: niteowlpet, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 20

this medicine caused my wife to be re-admitted into the ER 4 hours after taking it. The doctors told us that if she would have waited another 30 minutes or so, she would have been dead. Allergies to the medicine can cause death.

Comment from: kenzabella, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 12

I got a sudden painful UTI and the doctor prescibed me this medication. He warned me that it would turn my urine dark orange/red, but I was still shocked at HOW orange/red it was. This medication is wonderful as it almost fully took away the pain and burning when urninating. I'm thankful this medication exists!

Comment from: sisleal, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 07

I was given this medication along with Macrobid for a bladder infection. I've had many, many, many bladder infections (even 2 kidney infections) and have never been prescribed 2 medications for it. I didn't know exactly what it was for, the doctor said it was to relieve the symptoms. After taking this for 3 days and reading about it, I don't think I'm going to continue it. Aside from the urine discoloration (which doesn't bother me), it has seemed to make it sting more in between urination. It doesn't sting when I go, but after I'm done, it stings worse. The antibiotic (Macrobid) by itself has worked just fine for me in the past for relieving the symptoms.

Related Reading: macrobid | bladder infection

Comment from: stpmom2, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 23

I get UTI's a couple of times a year. Sometimes they're so bad I clot and see blood. This really, really helps with the pain. Take your antibiotic to kill the infection, but take this to get rid of the pain. Nothing works this good or this fast! The only side effect I get is nausea...but I can never tell if it's because of the infection, my antibiotic or if it's this drug. Either way, this stuff is amazing at stopping that unbearable pain and the constant urge to go.

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 04

given by physician after surgery to relieve prostate blockage and enlarge urethea

Comment from: Jan, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 18

Significantly eased discomfort while waiting for Cipro to take effect on a UTI. Be aware it will turn your urine reddish orange.

Related Reading: cipro

Comment from: Erin, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 12

This is an amazing medication!! It completely takes away UTI pain & discomfort within 30 minutes. Works great and last a long time (was told to take 3x a day) Turns your urine dark orange/red, but it is harmless.

Comment from: tg, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 23

It took the pain away, but I have a weak stomach, so I sometimes felt nausea when taking it even with food. Also, my left side of my upper back hurts, so I am wondering if it is a side effect on my kidney.

Comment from: caligirl54, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 07

I used this drug last year with UTI and it was great. It really relieved the burning,and feeling of having to "go". But, I just used it again for the same reason and my heart has been racing. So I got on this web site to see if any problems with others. Well many of you have the same problem, it's in the trash right now.

Comment from: Nikki, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 08

i have had 2 UTI's inthe last month. The first antibiotic was leviquin. The second was sulpha. Pyridium was used in conjunction with both. Both time s I had a 3 day migraine headache- it has to be the pyridium. Never again.

Related Reading: pyridium | migraine headache

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 21

It works wonderfully, no pain after the first pill, I just wish they could do something about the nausea. Even eating didn't help.

Comment from: Margaret, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I had my uterus and left ovary removed 15 days prior to being diagnoised with UTI. My right side of my belly felt "full" as if a balloon that was blown up to max. also had alot of pain on entire right side of stomache. This medicaine was great,I was unable to urinate before taking this and Bactrim DS. I would highy recomend it to anyone suffering with UTI pain

Related Reading: bactrim

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

I was prescribed this after surgery on my kidneys and UT. It worked fine the first few days, then on the 4th i started itching when I took it, and burning. I stopped taking it, and the itching and burning went away. I recommend this drug for a few days, but no more than 3.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 19

This has definitely helped the symptoms of my UTI, which had been making me completely miserable. All the urgency and pain I was having seemed to go away after I took the first dose. I'm not fond of the fact that it turns your urine orange, however.

Comment from: bungs, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 04

I took this medicine at 7:30pm. by 10:00pm my feet,face,hands,chest,back, and lips were red and swollen.it is day two of not taking the med. and i am still red and swollen, dizzy, and headache.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: UTIchick, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 17

I am a chronic UTI sufferer and can't believe how long it took me to discover this treatment. It is truly a life transforming medication. 30 minutes until relief when sometimes it has taken me 8 hours of suffering before I can function - even though I always have Cipro right at my fingertips so I can take it the minute I have a hint of UTI.

Related Reading: cipro