Pyridium

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 20

this medicine is awesome!It helped me so much with my pain with interstitial cystitis.the only bad side effect was bad cottonmouth and a scratchy voice.

Comment from: mary rothwell55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 08

I know when I'm getting a bladder infection. I've lerned over the years to recognize it immediately. First I make an appointment with my Doc andthen go by Pyridium. Works like a charm....only one thing though, I have to double the dose to get the soonest effect.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 14

I tried the otc version which I used 5 years ago, and it actually made my burning worse! The urologist gave me an rx for prescription strength which was only slightly better. I note that a product like AZO is 95 mg. and you take two. The rx was for one 200 mg. dose, minutely larger. There is a line in the info sheet which mentions possible hypersensitivity. I seem to have it. I wonder if they changed the dye?

Comment from: Winter25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 12

I use drug after surgery has ease symptom.I have not had to take any other medication for pain.

Comment from: Anne55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: August 12

I have been treated for interstitial cystitis with this medication and have received some relief. However, more relief was achieved by going on an IC diet and eliminating the source of many irritants.

Comment from: lisa575745-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 03

After feeling pain like I never have before, I consider this medication a God send!!!

Comment from: artjupde75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 13

Severe Burning pain left almost immediately after 1st use.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 24

Works within an hour....highly recommend. I have frequent UTI's and always ask for this med.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 25

It certainly stops the painful urination. I self-medicate until I can get into the doctor's and get an antibiotic because the pain is usually due to an UTI.

Comment from: Zandra65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: December 23

Very effective within 20 to 60 minutes. No side effedts.

Comment from: mags22045-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 30

Thank goodness for this med! I have frequent UTI's and always keep it on hand! Too painful an illness to not have this med!

Comment from: Lucky Lady55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 18

I have taken this pill off & on for UTI problem I have had for yrs..when my doctor prescribed this it was like a gift from heaven..it relieved the pain, burning & pressure so fast. I ask my doctor to give me a refill so I can keep it handy anytime those bladder spazam's flare up with me.. I give it a def 5 star rating!!!!!!!

Comment from: GARLAND55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 11

BLOOD IN URINE

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

Have taken this medication twice. Both time very bad side effects - nausea, vomiting,etc. The first time I was admitted to the hospital - lost all my internal fluid within 2 hours - very ill. Second time was similar but did not need hospitalization. I think there should be a warning on the lable that includes big time nausea. Will not use this medication again.

Comment from: Doug M.45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 15

I was 8 days post-op from a radical prostatectomy and I had severe enough pain after urination that I had to call an aid car. It was determined that my bladder was in a spasm. This drug is a godsend. It worked within 1 hr. after taking it. I don't know how they invented this drug or found out how it worked, but it saved me from any further episodes. it took away the pain that even 2 large doses of Dialaudid could not handle. GOD BLESS THE PERSON WHO DISCOVERED THIS DRUG!!!

Comment from: Ivan55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 19

I use Pyridium to treat irritated bladder from Interstitial Cystitis - effective small ulcers in the bladder like a canker sore in the mouth. Pyridium provides a coating to keep the urine from irritating it and causing pain. My experience is that the brand name drug works better and longer than the generic. I have taken Pyridium daily for nearly 2 years with no side effects beyond the color of my urine and the stained clothing that can result.

Comment from: kc25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 13

It didn't help me and I ended up with upset stomach and diarria.

Published: October 23

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 28

I have taken a dose of 200mg 3 times a day. It has settled the uncomfortable feelings associated with my urinary tract. I have been very satisfied with the medication except for the diarrhea.

Comment from: Judy65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 24

I'm 71 now and when I was a teenager seemed like I had problems often with the burning and hard to urinate. Now I read others reviews and see that some people do not know that Azo is over the counter and available at local stores. Now I had the want to go but can't again and this has already helped. Not as strong as the prescription was years ago, but thank the Lord I found it again! Glad to know it is the same thing!

Comment from: reno65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 11

Comment from: Kidney stone sufferer35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 04

I have a stent currently in place waiting for a large kidney stone to be treated. I was suffering greatly from both of these, and going to the bathroom was extremely painful and frequent (30 times a day). It was used for me to ease the bladder spasms and give me some relief from an infection caused by the stent. Helped me greatly except I got dizzy and headaches from it.

Comment from: Indyparalegal25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 23

I have interstitial cystitis. My doctor prescribed this to help relive symptoms between procedures. I'm sure that for some, this medication can be helpful, but for me, it does nothing to help my symptoms. In addition, my heart races; I get chills; and my face, neck, and check break out in a rash. Definitely not worth it!

Comment from: Vlr45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 23

Why are Doctors not prescribing Pyridium anymore. Every women I know that suffers from Bladder pain, has been taken off of it. It is the only fast relief some of us get. I have been taken off and replaced with Hyoscyamine ER .375 mg. not as effective. I was on Pyrtidium for 25 years for bladder problems. Is there a link to Intercential cystitis? I hv been diagnosed with that and must see a specialist and there are not many urologist who are aware. I had to interview 4Drs. before I found one and had to drive to San Diego,Ca for diagnosis. The pain and treatment is painful. But it mimicked UTI's. I wish I could get Pyridium back.:(

Comment from: Grateful55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 19

Wonderful. Used initially for UTI, helped symptoms until antibiotics were used. Burning and UTI gone, but pelvic pain and pain when urinating continued. Doctor said okay to take one or two a day while investigating cause. Been four months now and no diagnosis. This is great for the pain. Every now and then I try to not take it and the pain is overwhelming. No side effects as I can tell, just RELIEF.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 11

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 18

GI disscomfort,nausea

Comment from: char265-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 01

I took two pills at intervals prescribed and developed a full body rash and itching that is still with me after 3 days! Only calamine lotion helped. Benadryl helped a bit . Just need to keep drinking water.

Comment from: survivor45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 26

After receiving radiation treatments I was in severe pain and given this for relief. AMEN

QUESTION

How much urine does the average adult pass each day? See Answer
Comment from: sad4065-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 19

Comment from: 75 or over Published: April 11

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 16

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 13

I have taken this for a week and this morning I started to jog my dog and I felt like an out of body (weired)experience.Had to stop after a few strides as I gotvery dizzy.I cameright back to the house afraid of fainting.First thing I looked up side effects of this medicine and #1 was dizziness.So I will stop taking it and see if I get back to normal.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 12

I had a UTI and was in tears from the pain. I took this medication and in a matter of minutes the pain subsided. It does discolor your urine, but to me it was worth not be in such pain. It wore off after about 4 hours, but by then the antibiotic started working and the pain was not as intense.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 24

been taking it since protast cancer why do i need it

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 23

This medication works wonders. It causes the orange urine which can stain your clothes but I dont care it relieves the burning and pressure so it can turn my urine any color it wants.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 14

this medication is an overnight miracle. I was in so much pain - nearly bent over before taking it and now I can do all of my daily functions.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 02

WAS OUT OF MY MIND WITH THE DISCOMFORT I WAS FEELING WAS FINE AFTER THE FIRST 24-36 hRS

Comment from: azcinderelli55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 02

Took it for 5 days on advise of doctor. It took most of the burning pain and irritation away from the urinary tract. The staining of yellow is pretty bad though. It was a big help and relief. Thank you.

Comment from: GRAMMYCATDPS255-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 27

BURNING ,BUT NO INFECTION, INPROVED 100% DOCTOR TOLD ME THIS WAS SOMETIMES USED WITH PATIENTS WHO WERE DIABETIC.I AM GREATFUL SHE PERCRIBED THIS FOR ME.IT HAS HELPED ALOTE.

Comment from: marynaomi65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 30

I use it and it helps with the pain but the symthoms return within a few days. Could there be something else wrong if I continue to have this pain on my left side and in my when I urinate: My back pain wakes me up and I can barely walk to the bathroom every step is painful. But after taking the Pyridium I am good for a couple of days. My Doctor prescribes it to use as needed, the episodes are coming closer together and I am not sure what I should do.

Comment from: judy7-12 Published: April 27

Comment from: libra07025-34on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 05

Great drug for urinary pain, burning etc. I have endometriosis and believed to be on my bladder....due to pain several times a month, I take this drug and it helps quite a bit. I recommend it for anyone with any type of UTI pain. The discoloration of urine is not a big deal. Although it may stain underwear. Just wear a liner.

Comment from: veronica25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 28