Quinidine Sulfate

Comment from: Val J.25-34 Published: October 31

Both I and my husband have taken it for insomnia with 2 very different results. When my husband takes it, he feels relaxed and sleepy within 15 minutes, such that it would not be safe for him to drive after taking any. When I take it, I am sleepless and anxious; anxiety is not normal for me. So while I do recommend it, I also caution people to try it on a night when a full night's sleep is not a necessity. You may experience a relaxing effect, as my husband does, or you may experience the negative side effects, as I do. I just wanted everyone to know that it is an herbal remedy helpful to many, but not all.

Related Reading: insomnia | anxiety

Comment from: Raptor_4525-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 11

Guaranteed to knock you on your ass if you take with warm milk. Prepare for extremely vivid/lucid dreams. Sometimes it can bring on frightening nightmares, so if you're willing to risk some messed up dreams over sleep quality, that choice is up to you. An excellent pill for anxiety, insomnia, aiding withdrawal from alcohol... They call it "nature's tranquilizer" for a reason!

Related Reading: nightmares | anxiety | insomnia

Comment from: MaximeVoisin25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 13

It is very effective on me, when i drink a valerian tea before going to sleep, when i wake up in the morning, i feel like i had an heavy sleep but a good one, you know like the nights you got in holidays when all your stress goes away and you sleep like a baby.

Related Reading: valerian | stress

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 17

Great product, take an hour before bed,woke up refreshed.

Comment from: Ecga 35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: April 14

After trial and error (I had been taking different things to sleep at the same time sometimes) I tried solely Valerian Root, at the recommended dose on bottle (2,100mg) (I had been taking half that with a unisom, or sometimes half a Valium, and always magnesium, and sometimes prescribed vistaril instead of unisom antihistamine) and BAM I realized why I felt like such crap in the morning - headache, hungover effect, depressed a bit even...this is no joke pill even though it's natural. The nights I didn't take it I felt so much better and now I know why. I advise caution. One star for ease of use because of hideous odor.

Related Reading: valerian | valium | vistaril

Comment from: pattie75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 08

As I cannot take pharmeceutical sleeping piills, I find valerian a great substitute and now enjoy a much better night's sleep than formerly.

Published: December 18

I had been using the capsules for 2 weeks and every single day of the two weeks I would wake up randomly at 6 am and then every hour after that and wouldn't be able to get back to sleep no matter how tired I was. I started taking these because I had trouble falling asleep and that has been fixed now but I continually wake up now leaving me even more tired.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 15

I have always been a deep sleeper but after menopause I started having sleep issues. This product is wonderful and I have a deep sleep, dreaming, without waking for at least 6-7 hours. I do not experience any grogginess in the am.

Related Reading: menopause

Comment from: Jessica35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 30

I have problem with my in law in Feb 2016, my insomnia started Late April 2017, I always have a chatter and wondering mind, I consulted Dr assuming I am on Depression

Related Reading: insomnia | depression

Comment from: SweetDream by Nutrimax25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 30

I got one bottle of valerians extract 30 capsules, each contain 25 mg valerian extract.. I pop 10 of those n still cant sleep..i not sleep for 4 days

Related Reading: valerian

Comment from: hudbar75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 02

there is day time drowsiness

Comment from: Raptor_4525-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 11

Related Reading: nightmares | anxiety | insomnia

Comment from: MaryRobin55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 23

I started taking Vallerian about 1 week ago. It definitely works. I take it 1 hour before going to bed. I usually read for at least an hour, now im putting the book down within half an hour. It also helps my anxiety, but by making me sleepy, and at half dose. My only complant is, I definitely have a hangover the next morning. I am so groggy it took me half an hour to get out of bed. But my morning coffee helps to releive the affect. I am going to reduce the dosage from 2 pills to 1 and see how that helps.I havent had any unusual dreams like i've herd others talk about.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Lady MCBon Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 13

I have been using Valerian for more than 20 years. It doesn't make you sleepy or put you to sleep but allows me to relax so I can sleep. I have had chronic back pain since I was 9 years of age and fell 30 feet out of a barn fracturing a number of things including several vertebrae... I prefer to other muscle relaxants along with TENS for taking care of my back problems. No sedating after affects and still able to function. Much better than RX meds that left me drugged and unable to function.

Comment from: Waterhead25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 31

Do not listen to the idiot that wrote the description of this drug. it does not cause anxiety, or any other said symptoms, unless you are already a hypochondriac and think you took too much, and then it's just your own brain playing tricks on you. Please rewrite.

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: hornyhorse13-18on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 02

i took 2 about 45 to 50 minutes before i went to bed last night at around 10:00 and i didn't end up falling asleep till around 1:30. the only thing these helped with is that i woke up feeling somewhat refreshed and this is what the tablet package presumes to help with. i also woke with a raging erection and multiple cum stains on sheets and leg. not quiet sure if this is a side effect of Valerian tablet use or just a reaction. because of the late time that i fell asleep this then meant i woke up a little later than i should have which meant i couldn't clean the cum off my leg and i am currently sitting at school with crusty cum stuck to my inner thigh.

Related Reading: valerian

Comment from: dwwilliamsw65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 09

iT ISNT WORKING WELL FOR ME AND Im having indegestion badly.

Comment from: BPerd25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 04

I guess I just don't respond well to sleep aids. I've tried melatonin, which made me sick, unisom, L-theanine and others don't do anything at all. So I tried valerian root for the last week. It does help me sleep but I have the most unpleasant side effect in the mornings that I just cannot figure out: a quite sore back. It's supposed to help relief pain I have read, but in my case it seems to cause pain. I don't have this back pain issue when I don't take it. I can't find a reason for why it should, but it does. I'm not sure if I will continue to take it, I think I just have to deal with chronically sleeping horribly.

Related Reading: melatonin | valerian