Relenza

Comment from: 55-64 (Patient) Published: February 25

I couldn't believe the difference just 36 hours made after starting this medication. I was down in bed the day before yesterday with severe pain in my bones and also fever and chills. This particular flu hit me like a ton of bricks. (Yes, I had a flu shot this season) I got the OTHER flu. Tonight I am up cleaning the kitchen and almost completely pain free, but still taking medicine for stuffy nose and congestion in my chest. I still have two days to go on this medication and have had no side affects.

Related Reading: fever | flu

Comment from: nattie bird, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 24

Im 20 Years old Girl and Pregnant 9weeks, Iv have been on Relenza for 2days and it may have taken my aches an pains away but the side Effects anre Horrible i have had headache earache toothache and now i have came up in the mouth with blisters.. i seem 2 b in more pain now then i was befor.

Related Reading: relenza | headache | toothache

Comment from: Concerned Mother, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 16

My 18 year old daughter with no previous health issues had the flu/symptoms and after 2-3 doses of relenza began experiencing pains in her heart and headaches. The pains in her heart hurt every time she breated so I had her stop the medication. I think it could be dangerous if it affected a perfectly healthy teenager this way. We may go seek alternate medical advise to be sure there are no implications from the medicine.

Related Reading: relenza

Published: February 16

My son started taking this around 8:30 p.m. on Thursday. By the next day he was feeling better and went back to school on Monday.

Comment from: elly, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 09

This medicine made me sicker. I felt severe abdominal pain and nausea for many days. It felt as if I was being poisoned. In my opinion it was not only ineffective but harmful.

Related Reading: abdominal pain

Comment from: Lisaa, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 22

I was diagnosed with swine flu 2009 Pharmacy did not have a adequate supply of tamiflu so they gave me relenza. I was really ill for 45 days, and now I have COPD! I hate the fact that my life will never be the same. It attacked my lungs and respiratory system. I have a difficult time breathing, and cronic seasonal issues allong with my senses have been hightened. I cannot be in certain places that have strong smells, used to love candles and fragrant oils, no longer can I do that. I cannot even go outside durring spring because of the pollen that never used to bother me. I am now on a controlled medicine, which does not really controll my sysmptoms at all. I am considered handicapped. I have not had any health issues before. Please do not take this medicine I can see how older people and people in poor health die.

Related Reading: swine flu | tamiflu | copd

Comment from: Ken, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 13

Extreme outbreak of facial cold sores on second day of use. This outbreak was so bad and widespread, I had to seek medical attention. Very painful condition. Didn't have the flu (misdiagnosed) or any other condition to cause outbreak. Suspect the Relenza. This is not a listed side effect but I will never take Relenza again.

Related Reading: cold sores

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 12

Started this med. the day after I started with fever. The side effects are worse than the flu itself. Hopefully I will never have to take this again.

Comment from: suntracker33, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 02

Although the medication was effective in treating the majority of my flu symptoms, it did nothing for my runny nose, and the side effects were not pleasant. I lost my sense of taste and even 2 days after stopping the medication, I still have not regained it back. I had diarrhea, felt very dryed-out, occassional shortness of breath, and some abdominal cramping. I would not take again if another option were available.

Related Reading: flu | diarrhea

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 10

Two days after starting, was on dn hill side of recovery, Dont know if i would have done same without taking it....

Comment from: bkrelenza, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 08

I have taken relenza for flu symptoms for years. The fatigue vanishes quickly and I can function. Otherwise I get pneumonia. It saves my life.

Related Reading: relenza | fatigue | pneumonia

Comment from: Xtine, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 06

I'm 17 Weeks preg. and i wasen't to sure if I should take it. I have took one dose yesterday nite and it worked for the body aches i was getting. but now that i have read all these reviews i'm stoping about 20 min after i inhaled the medication i did start having stomach pain. and this morning when i woke up my lips were swollen. I'm taking my unborn baby's health into consideration and stoping this med's besides it did nothing for the cough and congestion just the aches.. but what good is it for if your getting stomach craps among other things i have read

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: Durlaw, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

My husband has the 'flu so when I started sneezing and having a runny nose I saw the GP who prescribed Relenza to take if the symptoms worsened. They did worsen and I started the course. I have some ear-ache and have had some stomach cramps, I am tired at the end of the day but I can function so I am satisfied. My husband who started taking Relenza possibly just past the initial 48 hours of symptoms has not fared as well, his overall symptoms have improved but he is very fatigued.

Related Reading: relenza

Comment from: Abby, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

I started this after I was diagnosed with the swine flu. The side effects are worse than the flu. I wish I never took it! The abdominal cramping is VERY uncomfortable. Use caution. I am still very ill and this medication has only made things more complicated.

Related Reading: swine flu

Comment from: lucy, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 30

i am 9 wks pregranant and was offered this inhaler.i have been using it for a day my symptoms have increased i have a bad cough,tight chest, runny nose, loss of appetite, sickness, fever i feel worser than i was a day ago.

Related Reading: fever

Comment from: Sick Girl, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 02

Although this medicine did bring my fever down & get rid of the joint aches, the side effects have been bad! The headache & diarrhea are worse than they were prior to taking Relenza & seem to become more severe with each dose. Not sure if that's happened to anyone else. The dizziness is pretty amusing, though! Hopefully this RX it works for you, but make sure to have lots of Pedialyte & Excedrin on hand.

Related Reading: headache | dizziness