Relpax

Comment from: Jstjokin45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 12

Relax is the best out of all of the Triptans especially if you didn't catch it before the hat of pain sets in. My only complaint is that there isn't an alternate delivery method for those of us who get nauseous. It defeats the purpose if you can't keep it down. It's very defeating to know that something will help but your body is going to reject it. I used to take Sumatriptan which comes in every delivery system known to mankind but it quit being as effective. You w o old think that Eletriptan could be made as a sublingual or injectable too.

Related Reading: sumatriptan

Comment from: neshomah55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 10

I've been taking 40 mg of Relpax (with the option of 1 more after 2 hours if migraine not gone) for quite a few years with no side effects. I strongly suggest this drug to anyone I know that has chronic migraines.

Comment from: 19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

Relpax made me extremely nauseous the first time I took it. I had to lay down and not move to prevent vomiting. It made me hazy and I passed out for 4 hours. Not only that, but it made my migraine WORSE. My migraines usually last 1 day, but after taking Relpax, my migraine lasted 3 days. Worse migraine of my life and I will never take Relpax again.

Comment from: Bakko45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 14

I began taking Relpax in Canada where the product strength is double the American product strength. 20 Milligrams sufficiently ended a migraine within 20 minutes. I notice the American product (20 miligrams) takes up to an hour, and sometimes I need a second dose. Relpax is the BEST migraine medicine I have ever taken. Within a short time after the dose is taken, I am back on my feet, ready to live my life. Sometimes I am a bit weak and sometimes I am still sensitive to light and sound, but I can easily function and enjoy my day without further delay after having Relpax. I love it! My only complaint is that the tablets come in 40 milligram strength, but I always have to divide the tablets which are not scored. Sometimes its a bit messy and I can't always equally divide the tablet. The cost is high unless your benefits cover it, but worth every penny if that is what it takes. I would rather have Relpax than food.

Comment from: jweeks243855-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 18

I tied all the other triptans, and all helped but only Relpax works 100% every time, though occasionally i have to take two. one commenter here incorrectly said the FDA only allows two pills per week; not true, the limit is two per 24 hours

Comment from: Breezy7835-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 26

I have been taking this prescription about two years- I really have not found it to be useful at all- I can barely the wait the two hours befor taking the second pill- Plus my insurance only allows so many per month- I will be changing this month

Comment from: Snoopy197045-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 15

This is the ONLY medicine that will completely take away my migraine pain. Occasionally, it will take 2 pills to totally relieve it. Cost can be an unfortunate factor, as I've had to pay $50/per pill at times.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: September 05

I have taken this for migraines. It works most times than not. It takes it to a lower level of pain from a 10+ to a 4 or 5. A narcotic is usually needed for the rest of the headache since drug is dangerous and not allowed to take more than two dozes per week.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 10

I call these my "magic pills". The only thing that works for my migraines. Within 45 mintues of use, I can resume all normal activities of my day. I have not experienced any side effects. Love them. Dislike the cost, but am thankful my insurance pays for the majority of the cost. I am only allowed 9 pills per month, but that is usually sufficient.