Remeron

Comment from: Nate Doggon Treatment for 10+ years Published: November 28

Phenomenal for improving sleep architecture - getting into "deep sleep" stages 3 & 4. Great for anxiety as well. No sexual dysfunction but potential for weight gain in first 3 weeks due to increase in appetite. Inverse relation to dose and side effect means to dose higher to eliminate side effects. This occurs as in the lower doese the high affinity for the H-1 receptor site triggers appetite increase. By dosing higher the more robust increase in Norepinephrine helps counteract this and somnolence.

Related Reading: anxiety | norepinephrine

Comment from: SissyDarnell65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 12

I started this drug after being on anti-depressants (SSRI's) for years. I take 7.5mg coupled with 50mg hydroxyzine (Atarax), which works well at allowing me to go to sleep, but I don't STAY asleep, and I STILL need help with severe anxiety (due to real-life problems . . . I'm bedridden, husband has cancer, COPD and A-fib; we have no insurance! Lost business, home, cars, investments, and used all of our savings). Newly developed symptoms are: constant ACID INDIGESTION lower BACK PAIN MUSCLE CRAMPS/SPASMS TACHYCARDIA (racing heart) WEIGHT GAIN (seven pounds in first two weeks)

Related Reading: hydroxyzine | atarax | anxiety

Comment from: Nauseated55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 23

Started on 15mg at bedtime each day. Increased dosage to 30 mg after 7 days. I am switching to this medication after 4 years of being on venlafaxine. Remeron (mirtazapine) did help me sleep better; however, I began experiencing back and muscle pain, headaches, and severe nausea. I will not use this medication again.

Related Reading: venlafaxine | remeron | mirtazapine

Comment from: goodmeds65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 23

I am on Lexapro and my doctor added 15 mg of this med. I am amazed how it has benefited me. Wish I had been on it sooner. Highly recommend for PTSD

Related Reading: lexapro

Comment from: bmsvdsbmsvds45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 22

Never slept better. But, gained 10 lbs. in 4 weeks with no change in eating or exercise habits.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 10

I only gave stars because it is indicated as a requirement. I AM NOT TAKING AN ANTIDEPRESSANT FOR INTERSTITIAL CYSTITIS>

Related Reading: interstitial cystitis

Comment from: Lesfurst35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 02

I was put on 30mg every night while I was hospitalized after a suicide attempt. For the first week I felt like I was in a fog. I continued taking the medication as prescribed and after two weeks I didnâ??t feel like I was in a fog anymore. Itâ??s been two months and Iâ??ve gained 30lbs. Iâ??ve never been this heavy in my life except when I was pregnant. It makes me drowsy but doesnâ??t help me sleep. It also makes my appetite worse after I take it. Going to talk to my psychiatrist about other options.

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 19

Sleep ahhh and slowing down of racing thoughts beforehand is amazing.

Comment from: Jared19-24on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 15

I have been diagnosed with MDD for 6 years. I had tried pretty much every common SSRI and SNRI with minimal results. After beginning to also suffer from severe insomnia my doctor prescribed me this and my life has completely changed. I can sleep now, and feel incredibly at peace and much less negative. I experienced increased appetite at first, which drove me to exercise which made my symptoms even better. So glad to finally have a solution to my condition.

Related Reading: insomnia

Comment from: TheGuy19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 13

I suffered from severe insomnia and depression for years. I began taking Remeron and my sleep problems vanished almost overnight. I have experienced a distinct lack of side effects, namely the lack of sex drive that I've seen with other medicines. The weight gain can be an issue, if you're young and have the ability to exercise it is certainly worth it. Absolutely thrilled to feel like myself again.

Related Reading: insomnia | depression | remeron

Comment from: DCSMOM 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 24

Why the hell any Dr would give this drug I donâ??t know. My anxiety is over the top because of weight gain and I feel like Iâ??m on speed. No help with sleeping at all! Should have went back to Michigan for best phy Dr in the world. Dr B.

Related Reading: anxiety