Requip XL

Comment from: xrmygal, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 25

I take this drug 2 times daily with great benefit. I caution users to not accept Ropinirole as a replacement, generic, drug. My pharmacy did change on the direction of my Rx Plan and all benefits slowly seeped away and I experienced side effects serious enough to require hospitalization. The neurologist is adamant that Requip XL has no generic replacement; it is a slow releasing action drug so symptoms are kept at a somewhat normal level. Ropinirole is a 1 time release giving the body the full dose at once, like a jolt, and if conditions are in place, the side effects are intolerable is some patients

Related Reading: requip xl

Comment from: tc, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 16

I started taking RequipXL in 2008 along with Zelapar, and have maintained my life's activity and work. My dosage is 36mg/day which is necessary to continue my daily 18 holes of golf here in Florida. Side effects have been minimal, although would like to increase my dosage even higher..highly recommend RequipXL. tc

Related Reading: zelapar

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 25

I have been prescribed this medication to relieve Restless Legs syndrome and have had 12 hour relief with the timed release tablets. I have had no side effects.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 03

I suffered with restless legs for years before taking Requip. I am on the lowest dosage and it is like a miracle for me, its like a switch was turned off. no side effects.

Related Reading: requip

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 22

It's like a miracle cure, made life more comfortable

Comment from: cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 18

This drug made me a crazy person! I couldn't sleep, I had 10 projects going on at the same time, not finishing any. I was compulsive about everything, well except sex, I think that's just wishful thinking on a man's part. It took my doc over a year to figure out what was wrong. I would NOT recommend this drug to anyone!!! Danger Will Robinson!!

Published: January 21

I struggled with nausea for years using requip. My doctor tried the XL time release and suddenly I got my life back. I had no nausea. My balance and tremor improved. I was able to knit again. I can not say enough how this time released medicine has improved my life.

Related Reading: requip

Comment from: jcaron6, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 22

I ran out for a couple of days and my tremors were worse. I got my prescription refilled and my tremors got better.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: cooncat4, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 14

Requip has given me the relief from RLS I have been unable to find any other place. I tried the generic and it defeated the whole purpose as I would lay there almost all night long, wide awake. I cut the 1 mg pill in half and take with my supper before it gets ahead of me, and then take the other half about 2 hrs later. If by chance I am on an airplane and have to set to long, I will take an extra half earlier. I have been taking this medication about 4 years and it is the first medication that has helped me.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: September 10

I use requipxl in conjuntion with other medication to help me function.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 01

The withdrawal from this drug has been gradual and frightening. I have had nausea, diarrhea, headaches, confusion, abdominal pain. Be extremely careful withdrawing from this drug

Related Reading: diarrhea | abdominal pain

Comment from: Adawng, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: June 14

Took Sinemet for 4 yrs, but within last year started having severe muscle spasms on left side of body. Dr changed meds to Requip XL and Amantadine. Relieved spasms, but I stay so tired and weak all day. Only been on new meds for 1 week. Hopefully, tireness with get better as my body gets more used to the new meds. Nurse suggested yesterday that I take the Requip XL at bedtime. Try tonight and we'll see.

Related Reading: sinemet | muscle spasms | requip xl

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 07

I have been taking Requip XL since 12/2008. I tolerate it very well, but my dose keeps increasing. I'm now taking 12mg per day, but I still move very slowly and am stiff in my neck on the right side and in my right arm and hand. I found out accidentally that Cipro interacts in a positive way for me with Requip XL. When I took both drugs, I wasn't slow or stiff. Seems they could take the part of Cipro that caused this effect and improve Requip XL.

Related Reading: cipro | requip

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 13

Ropinirole does work! After 8 houres of construction work i dont dare sit down without taking .75mg my legs would be jumpin all over the room. It is a lifesaver!! I also suffer from Teninitis which rings continuously. I can see where it would drive people insane to have eigther!

Comment from: requip, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I have severe restless legs, it even happens in my shoulders and arms. This medicine did not help much at all. It also caused upset stomach.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: June 19

Feeling of nausea almost all the time, tremors worse in leg and hands

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: Sara, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 14

I am taking 12mg of Requip XL daily. During the day I seem to function well, but this drug's effectiveness seems to fizzle by early evening. I do experience the feeling of being car sick most of the day. By 6:00 pm my RLS is very painful. The only relief I get is getting in the hot tub.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 17

I have been on Requip for Restless Leg Syndrome for over 12 years, and on the Extended Release formula (4 mg in the morning) for about 2 years. It has been a lifesaver, as my RLS is very severe, and has been getting worse and worse over time. I have very few side effects from it, but if I forget to take it, my whole body reminds me. RLS is not just limited to your legs - the whole body can be involved.

Related Reading: restless leg syndrome

Comment from: mr p, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 09

dr introduced me to this drug with sammple packs. I had been taking cabidopa levola dopa and was getting along. I was havng trouble with fitful sleep. drug was easier to take and doc lead me to believe it might help with chronic pain. well drug did help but I came to find out that my insurance medicare did not covet it and it was 400 per month for my dosage. quite a shock since I am disabled with parkinsons and not flush with money. still in shock since getting used to requip xl called for a period of adjustment. Now I am back on requip that is similar to carbidopa levoladopa. Be careful drug is not covered and samples run out quickly.

Related Reading: chronic pain | shock | requip xl

Comment from: Dave, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: July 17

I have found that takeing reqip xl oral has inproved my life no end i am much brighter and find it easy to make conversaion with my family and friends it also allows me to get a good nights sleep.i also take stilevo and combined with the reqip my life is very good

QUESTION

Parkinson's disease is only seen in people of advanced age. See Answer
Comment from: machineage111, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 01

I tried Requip when I was first diagnosed with Parkinson's 10 years ago and began compulsively shopping. I recently tried the Xl version and found myself unable to sleep, obsessed with fixing a new computer. I got almost no sleep for a week. My back is still hurting from sitting in an awkward position etc....I believe that for me the obsessive - compulsive behavior it has created far outweighs any symptomatic relief it has given me. It is a dopamine agonist and has all the benefits of such drugs. It also carries the same risk factors and was very expensive, even with health insurance,

Related Reading: requip | dopamine

Comment from: Beba, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 29

My doctor is slowly increasing my dose - am on 6 mg per day. Have noticed improvement in my arm and leg but still get tremors. Have not experienced severe side effects yet but its early days.

Related Reading: tremors

Comment from: Annie, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 01

I have what is called R L S .Without this med I can't sleep and I am very irateble.

Comment from: rudy, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

dont temor as much as before

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: August 23

Have severe PLM/RLS. Take 7.5 mg/day. Unfortunately, requip is only marginally beneficial.