Robaxin

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

I can't believe I suffered so long before a doctor finally knew what he/she was doing. This drug worked miracles on my back pain (along with Piroxicam)--pain I've had for months was gone in 24 hours!

Related Reading: piroxicam

Comment from: Loubo, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 16

I've taken this medication in the past a few times, but I just got prescribed to take it again for muscle spasms resulting from sciatica. Right now I can take 1-2 500mg tabs up to 3x/day as needed for pain, so basically up to 3g a day. Honestly, friends of mine that have tried this medicine in the past have told me it doesn't work for them, but it always has for me. It really does ease the sharpness that comes with muscle pain. Sometimes, the pain is completely eliminated, and it makes my body feel very comfortable without making me feel loopy. I am, however, a former daily drug addict, so I imagine that I have a tolerance to that type of side effect in CNS depressants. Speaking of that, too, I was given Robaxin in the hospital when I went to detox off of opiate drugs. Honestly, 1000mg of Robaxin in combination with all the other sedating drugs they give you to improve symptoms of the absolute real-life nightmare that is opiate withdrawal, was very helpful in my experience. I remember being able to lie down in my bed very comfortably as a result of the Robaxin. It is quite sedating I will say, especially if you're new to it, so just remember that and exercise caution. Other than that, if you give it a chance, Robaxin is definitely an effective muscle relaxant. I prefer it to Flexeril, personally.

Related Reading: muscle spasms | sciatica | robaxin

Comment from: cmbski37, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

I have been dealing with back pain for over a year due to a ruptured disc. I was getting steroid and trigger point injections which only work for a brief period. I was in the hospital and the doctor put me on robaxin 500mg and with an hour of taking it noticed an incredible difference. For those who have muscle spasms that is contributing to their pain then robaxin works. No nausea (which for me is a miracle in itself) and it does not make me sleepy during the day, but does help me relax at bedtime. Give it an honest try. I was very surprised.

Related Reading: ruptured | robaxin

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 30

I have multiple herniated discs, Degenerative disc disease (DDD), and multiple bone spurs along with arthritis and osteoarthritis thru-out my spine. I have been taking narcotic pain meds for years. I have also done PT in yrs past with little improvement, although I do incorporate some of the more effective methods daily. Due to all of this I have a lot of muscle spasms, especially in my neck and sciatic. Flexeril was never effective but I have been on methocarbamol 750mg now for almost a yr and have found that it does seem to help without any side effects other then sleepiness.

Related Reading: bone spurs | arthritis | osteoarthritis

Comment from: whitedove2, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 16

It does not make me sleepy like many muscle relaxants. I can work and take it. It does help me sleep at night, when I have difficulty going to sleep, due to chronic pain.

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: Tina, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: November 20

This was a miracle drug for me. My Dr. prescribed 500 mg and it gave me more flexability in dosage than the 750. There were no side effects/sleepiness and I could slowly taper off the dosage fairly quickly.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 04

I have bulging disc in thoracic area on my back. After 4 months of pain, 21 physical therapy appt., and Vicodin 3 times a day my doctor prescribed Robaxin. I've been 6days on it and its wonderful! No more Vicodin, sleeping all night again and 6hr. Work days.loving it.

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: ANGEL-EYEZ, 25-34 (Patient) Published: May 18

4 years ago, I found out I have a brain tumor, which is benign as of yet. The tumor is located in an area where they can't operate without doing major harm, and could easily be fatal. The tumor is located on the left side of my head, and is surrounded by nerves, which causes ABSOLUTE DEBILITATING PAIN, to the point where I cannot even move, and their is nothing the doctors can do right now to take the pain away. So, I am on a lot of different medications to ease some of the pain. Robaxin really helps by calming the muscles in my head and face. I really like this medication, it's helped me a great deal, and it isn't too expensive compared to some of the other meds like it. I definitely recommend it to anyone who struggles with severe muscle spasms/pain. It really has been great for me.

Related Reading: brain tumor | robaxin | muscle spasms

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 06

I have degenerative disc disease and this medication helps. It does not make me drowsy like some other muscle relaxers. It isn't quite as dramatic in it's effect but the alternative is worse; like taking Flexeril and having to sleep! Skelaxin works about the same if not a little better but is really expensive so I am glad this much less expensive alternate works for me. This medication allows me to function and receive some moderate relief.

Related Reading: flexeril | skelaxin

Comment from: pete wynn, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 27

I have taken Robaxin twice now and each time it works great for me and my back pain, it seems to stop my back getting worse and within 24 hours I am back to fully fit again.

Comment from: Steele, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 11

I have spondylolisthesis of my L4 over my L5 and Adult Degenerative Scoliosis. My dosage is 1000mg (2x500mg) every twelve hours. This combined with Diclofenac Sodium 75mg (every twelve hours), has completely discontinued all pain that I had. And I had been taking 800mg of Ibuprofen four times a day, which wasn't touching the pain. I have had no side effects other than occasional drowsiness and I'm happy to be pain-free for over six months now. And happy that I can actually move around again and with no pain.

Related Reading: spondylolisthesis | scoliosis | diclofenac

Comment from: Geoff, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 10

This med was prescribed for pain in lower back, thought muscle spasam, but has relieved not at all, no change in condition.

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 21

bad nausea, even if I eat

Comment from: Shanny8, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 12

This drug makes my muscles warm and goes deeper into my muscles than flexeril. Very very inportant with muscle spasms and the knots and pain from them is to drink adequate water. I hope the person 30 yo man who says he is in horrible pain and it hurts to breathe. I believe hydrating yourself will do wonders. Anytime my symptoms get that bad the first thing I ask myself is if I am dehydrated after a friend pointed this out to me and the answer is always yes unless I have overdone it extremely. None the less water and being hydrated is they key and also I read that over ninety percent of all headaches are due to not being adequately hydrated. It make a huge difference in energy level as well. It is very easy to become inadequately hydrated frequently if you start asking yourself regularly most of us will find that we are not hydrated adequately. Hope this helps someone. Would love feedback on this to see if it makes such a huge difference overall for others. my em: is [email protected] I have chronic pain (similar to fibromyalgia) from beimg hit by a car at age fifteen I am just shy of 50 now. Female

Related Reading: flexeril | chronic pain | fibromyalgia

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 03

This drug has worked for me. I have 2 herniated discs, and Deg. disc disorder. I am upset that is for short term only. It's the only thing I have taken that works very well. I have been on it for 3 years but my Dr. recently took me off of it. Haven't found anything else that works yet.

Back Pain: 16 Back Pain Truths and Myths See Slideshow
Comment from: Chloe05, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 24

I burst my L1 vertebra and the docs fused my T11 to L3 together. I also broke my tailbone and chipped my L3, and have 2 bulging discs in T2 an T3. I have really bad muscle spasms and muscle discomfort. I was prescribed this med and have felt a lot more relief than with flexaril.

Related Reading: muscle spasms

Comment from: autumn, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 07

I have had MS for 50 yrs. Still mobile. Was taking 1/2 Vicodin three times per day. Started on low dose (1/2 750MG) Robaxin twice a day.It stopped the muscle cramps and spasms. Totally relaxed them out. Forgot to take Vicodin, I felt so good. No more muscles jumping in my legs.

Related Reading: vicodin | robaxin | muscle cramps

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 05

After trying several different muscle relaxers, my doctor had me try this one. It has really helped the severe muscle spasms that I have in my back. I can work with no drowsiness. This med really works for me

Comment from: melissaflis, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 07

Ive been on it for years now. I have fibromyalgia and degenerative joint disease. The Robaxin helps with my muscle pain and some joint pain. I would reccommend it to anyone who needs it.

Related Reading: fibromyalgia

Comment from: Victoria007, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 12

My Dr suggested & prescribed this when I expressed a deep desire to get off of Somas*!* This med works perfectly for me with NO side effects. But my insurance refuses to pay for it anymore. They send me a reason why not, which is THE EXACT reason tis being prescribed & nothing My DR nor I say will change their mind. I even changed insurances only to have the same thing happen. Does anyone have any idea why? Or how I can get help in getting my scrips paid for? Unfortunately, Phiser does make this, however ONLY in Canada, otherwise no problem*!*

Comment from: xymoxx, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 07

1500 mg three times a day. Chronic lower lumbar muscle insufficiency resulting from childhood polio. It does not completely relieve pain but has greatly diminished nocturnal muscle spasms. It is consistently effective, and in my case, far better than other prescription muscle relaxants.

Related Reading: polio

Comment from: fv4wbc, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

Had a severe pain in muscles in lower back after about three days pain went away and has continued to leave me pain free

Comment from: Lucy , 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 03

Other than some sleepiness, I have had really good success with this medicine. I am happy with the results.

Comment from: happy camper, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 30

Works well for bulging disc pain. I have had heartburn/gurd for 20 years, stoped 2 days after taking this drug. No other side affects. finally able to sleep all night!

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: sorethighs, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 30

After taking for 3 weeks, severe nausea, so much so I am asking for a medication change.