Rocephin

Comment from: DonOldGuy65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 14

Have no idea what the proper medical term is for the infection I got after being bitten my a cat. First visit to urgent care resulted in getting a Rocephin injection. 20 years of frequent inoculations as a military aircrew member. Never had such horrible pain from any previous injection. Plague inoculations would have been my only complaint of pain until this one. 100x worse. Don't know the effectiveness since the next day I was in the Emergency room with a sustained IV of antibiotics (cellulitis) and follow up with Augmentin. Difficult to assess which treatment had me feeling much better a day after leaving ER. Will never ignore an animal bite again. Will never let anyone near me with a syringe of Rocephin that doesn't have some Lidocain.

Related Reading: rocephin | plague | cellulitis

Comment from: Skylie19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 19

Good. I had a really bad outer ear infection turned to cellulitis. The infection was spreading fast to the rest of my cheek and neck within 24 hours of starting. Doctor gave me a shot of Rocephin while in the office to stop the spreading. And also prescribed a 10 day oral antibiotic. The nurse who administered the shot had me stay in the office for about 15 minutes to make sure I didnâ??t have a reaction to it. About 24 hours after the shot and 2 doses of the oral antibiotics the infection has stopped spreading and my fever has gone down from 102.8 to 99.8.

Related Reading: cellulitis | rocephin

Comment from: myself65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 17

Entered ER with acute sigmoid diverticulitis and in severe pain. Never knew I had it. Was given IV of this and another drug and within a few hours I could feel the receding of the infection.

Related Reading: diverticulitis