Rythmol SR

Comment from: Wayne Spaulding, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 31

I only use it when I have an episode of A-Fib. In comparison to other medications I have used it reduces the length of the A-Fib episode considerably. I have no apparent side effects. I have had some serious side effects with other medications used to treat A-Fib.

Comment from: 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 30

I was diagnosed with AFib in November 2007 and began taking 325MG. Honestly after reading the problems people were having in the reviews on here, I was a bit reluctant. But after being on it for 4 years, I can honestly say I have had no side effects at all. Not one. Nothing. And I have not had a single AFib attack since taking it. So don't let these reviews scare you too much.

Comment from: [email protected], 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 05

I have been taking this drug for a year now after a procedure was done to see if I needed ablation. It was determined that I am just a TRUE A-Fibber and put on this medication. I swell in the anckels and hands at times. I do tend to get dizzy sometimes. The skipping of my heart has not completly quit which is very bothersome to me but has deminished more so since taking this med. I have noticed that there are times that my heart seems to feel like it is gurgeling and also will have 2 differant rythums going but soon levels out. I am not sure what to think of this druf but I can tell you that the cost of it is ungodly. For 60 pills of 425mg cost 286.00 and that is horrific for the person that has no insurance and has to pay cash.

Comment from: Jack, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 27

I've had A-fib for 30yrs. I was in constant A-fib for 9yrs untill ablation at cleveland clinic. If you r thinking of ablation find agood Doctor. Excellent website lists drs and hospitals A-fib.com. Rythmol keeps me in sinus rythem. Total of five ablations beats being in constant A-fib. I'm now thinking of going to Mayo for cryo ablation or back to cc to have appendage removed to avoid blood clots and get off coumadin.With the care and Drs at cc I have no fear of another procedure.

Related Reading: rythmol | blood clots | coumadin

Comment from: Patty, 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: April 28

I have been taking this medication for over 6 years. It has kept my heart in regular rate and rhythm, BUT I am always nauseous and dizzy for a few hours after each dose. I would like to get off this medication eventually. Anyone else like to share their story with me. I was only 55 years old when I developed a-fib.

Comment from: Etta, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 01

My legs swell up at times and I feel very tired for about an hour after my dosage. Since I have only been on it for two weeks and have had a cardioversion while on it. Therefore, I am not totally certain it is working correctly for me. Time will tell.

Comment from: SUSY, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 05

I have been taking this med for several months. I have also had a cardioversion. Before the above procedure, the med alone reduced the a-fib to a flutter. After the procedure,1 month, I have been stable. I do have some side effects, including diarhea. At first my energy level was severely affected but now I seem to have most of my energy back. My biggest concern is $$$$$$!

Comment from: Lefty, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 02

Was on Rythmol SR 225 for 6 months, felt horrible most of the time. Fatique, upset stomach, lightheaded often. Changed drugs felt better within a week.

Related Reading: rythmol sr

Comment from: [email protected], 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 01

Im A live to see another day.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 06

so far so good; no side effects

Comment from: llouisej, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 29

Extreme tiredness

Comment from: headman, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 28

I was diagnosed with Afib eight years ago. I started with Rythmol 325 MG twice a day, but about a year ago I was increased to 425 MG twice a day to help better stabilize my Afib episodes. At the same time I started using the generic equivalent. Now, after I first take it, my heart beat seems to become irregular for an hour or so. Mye biggest problem, however, is muscle cramping especially in my ham strings which makes walking more difficult and in my neck. In addition the medication leaves me without energy; I sleep irregularly, have a lack of appetite, dry mouth, and loss of balance at times. I stopped taking it for a few days and these symptoms almost immediately started receding, but my Afib returned. Starting back the symptoms all returned. I’m not sure if these are due to the increased dosage or the generic version of the drug. I have an appointment with my cardiologist next week to talk about an alternative medication.

Related Reading: rythmol | dry mouth

Comment from: Noney2, 65-74 (Patient) Published: February 24

This drug has been wonderful for me. They now have a generic for Rythmol. I have tried it cannot take it. Its makes me sick in lots of ways.

Comment from: JerryJ, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 06

Within 4 days of taking Rythmol SR 225 Mg, I became jittery, and could not sit still. I became constipated, and had low energy. I stopped using the medicine, and called my cardiologist to report side effects. While on the medicine, however, I did not get Arrythmia. At least one good thing came out of using this medicine. This medicine is very, very pricy. I am awaiting my cardiologist's next move. I may have to have the ablition procedure, after all.

Related Reading: rythmol sr

Comment from: Lady B, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 06

once the dosage was increased to 425 SR twice daily, it was almost as if someone had flipped a switched (almost overnight) and my symptoms were gone. Takes a little getting used to the metallic taste, but I'll take that anyday over AFib symptoms. Symptom free since 2009.

Comment from: Tim, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 03

SVT three times, Cardioversion twice, once with drugs and once with paddles, finally diagnosed with Arythmia (AFib). Doctor tried cathater ablation, no joy. He hit four spots (Synaps) and could not get it to go away. He put me on Rythmol SR 325 and I stayed on for four years with no issues. He took me off this past February/March and I had my first relaps today 8/3/11. This drug helped me enormously and I now want him to put me back on it, tomorrow.

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 21

I am 39 yrs old and have Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and PVCs. I was on beta blockers for years to control the tachyardia. Last year I developed A-FIB - Had 2 episodes - I converted with meds the first time but had to be cardioconverted the second time. They started me on Rythmol SR 325 after the conversion but they had to increase my dose to 425 mg twice daily after about a month. So far so good!!! PVCs are gone and no atrial fib since August, 2010. Some constipation but that is a side effect I can handle in exchange for heart rate and rhythm control!

Related Reading: beta blockers | constipation

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 01

I was having reocurring atrial fiblalation for over a year sometimes requiring me to go to the emergency room. Tried several different drugs and this has been the only one that seems to work. I get a slight fiblalation once in a while lasting only a few seconds. Otherwise the rythmol has been taking care of my problem.

Related Reading: rythmol

Comment from: prettiepam, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 23

I have been on Rythmol 220 for almost a year....it does not completely keep me from AFIB, but it does work....with my insurance it cost $60, but my Cardiologist will give me samples and will give me coupons as well....I attempted the ablation procedure and my lung was punctured, so I am very afraid to try again....I just pray that God will continue to watch over me...in addition to the Rythmol SR 220 2x a day I also take coumadin and cardizem...

Related Reading: coumadin | cardizem

Heart Disease: Symptoms, Signs, and Causes See Slideshow
Comment from: rosie, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

I just got my first prescription filled, with a coupon and my insurance, it was $316.00. I believe this is outrageous. It is not a new drug and I am sure the drug company is making a fortune on it. I will see if my doctor can find something as good and less expensive.

Comment from: mwunder, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 02

Had a pacemaker put in 6 weeks ago due to Sick Sinus Node syndrome and AF. Doc put me on Rythmol. At first a few episodes of AF but now nothing. I have my life back. Only problem is cost... wow! and it make me a little tired.

Related Reading: rythmol

Comment from: KAS, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 01

I have been on 325mg Rythmol SR for about 2 months, before that I tried 225mg, but that didn't help much. I still get a-fib, but less frequently and it doesn't last long. I also still get the pounding heartbeat associated with a-fib, but it's mostly regular (before that it would always trigger irregular heartbeat). I have noticed that I am always tired and don't have much energy, I don't seem to sleep as well either because I never feel well-rested. Unfortunately lack of activity causes me to gain more weight, while I should be losing. Also, if I don't take a pill evey 12 hours or slightly less, a-fib increases dramatically. I am seriously considering ablation to take care of a-fib for good, that is assuming the procedure is successful. I am told the success rate is 70% and it may have to be performed twice.

Related Reading: rythmol sr

Comment from: [email protected], 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

Causes more issues with my heart. When I told this to my Doctor he stated that there are trade offs. I expressed concern he stated that my insurance coverage is lacking and he was hesitiant to do any more tests because the cost would impact the RNPO provider.The fund is small and poorly managed and not enough funds to allow for testing until the first of 2008.

Comment from: LBQ, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 10

I have had wonderful results with the 225mg dose of this drug. No side effects, very few stray beats, and it's very forgiving if I'm late on a dose. I'm not a candidate for ablation, so this is it for me. Happy to know it's there and works so well.

Comment from: doris rose, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 26

Works great for my Afib. I had irritating side effects WITHIN hours of my first dose. They included dry mouth (Xerostoma)which also makes it hard to swallow; difficulty sleeping (I am awakened 3-4 times at night just to wet my mouth), and bad taste in my mouth. Even my saliva taste as bad as the left over taste from taking Predisone. I have to constantly have something in my mouth,(hard candies or gum)because of the bad taste and dryness. It changed my taste buds where only very sweet or salty foods resemble what you tought you were tasting. Milk and water has to be room temp or warmed.(I use to put ice in my milk, but never more.) I lost 19 pounds the first year on the medication because the food didn't taste right. It has been hard to cook because I can't tell if food is seasoned correctly. I developed Thrush due to the dryness and a sore, stinging tongue. The over the counter medications for dry mouth only last 10-15 minutes. Even with these life changing side effects, I have resolved to take this medication so that my heart beat correctly.

Related Reading: dry mouth | thrush