Sinemet CR

Comment from: 75 or over Female on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 05

My fathers Parkinsons symptoms presented themseves slowly over the years and he was being treated for other conditions. Then grew worse in a matter of a few months. To the point where his dr. and I didn't think he would last more than a month or 2. After starting Sinemet his symptoms improved daily and within a week was 80% or so back to his normal self. That was over 2 years ago. To me this drug is amazing and is a real lifesaver for I still have my father with me.

Related Reading: sinemet

Comment from: pattysg, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 23

I have been taking sinemet for about 10 years for restless leg syndrome. I Had been on other medications but they did not work well for me. Sinemet is fantastic for this purpose and I generally get by with one a night before bed. Sometime it does break through when I travel a lot or am sitting for long periods, but then I adjust to 1 in morning and 1 at night. I can sit without going crazy from the tingling/twitching and no more "epileptic" legs in the evening so I can sleep. My family is happy to not get kicked unexpectedly anymore with the spasms. It has been a lifesaver to me and I have had no side effects from it at all.

Related Reading: sinemet | restless leg syndrome

Comment from: Rusty, 75 or over (Patient) Published: October 28

This medication wears off after about 3 hours

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 06

Medication does not last very long , at times I have to take medication on an hourly bases until pail subsides.