Sprintec

Comment from: sw13, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: October 02

I put my cell phone a a re-occurring alarm. this allowed me to remember to take the pill everyday and at the exact time everyday. My periods were very consistent and light. No kind of cramping or pain. It did not make my acne worse. It worked really well for me.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: Mandy, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 11

Okay, I would like for everyone deciding about this pill to not only read the reviews, but to also notice the trend I have noticed. Most of the awful reviews are by women who have taken this pill for less than two months, and until my third month I would have agreed. My first and second months were miserable. I had mood swings, tenderness, cramps, bloating, weight gain, the works. I thought I was pregnant, and I hadn't even had sex! Now, I couldn't be more satisfied with the pill. I feel great, my skin looks great, my sex drive has never been better, and my periods are becoming lighter!

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 25

I am writing this review because I got on here and read the reviews before I started this drug, and almost immediately wanted to call and get a new Rx because I was so scared of all the horrible side effects. I am on my second month and have had no side effects whatsoever. If anything, my face has cleared up and the pill has been very beneficial. I have never been on birth control before and can not tell a difference in anything now that I am on the pill. Don't let all the bad reviews scare you! I couldn't have asked for anything better!

Comment from: dsfniofiejw, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 19

I've read alot about this pill before taking it. By the reviews, I was almost afraid to take it. Knowing it works differently for everyone, I decided to give it a go. I've been on this pill for 4 months now. Expecting to experience side-effects, I've had none. (Maybe it's because I take it every day; on time, every time.) I also get my periods every month, 2 days after I start the in-active pills. This is a plus because there'd be months it'd be absent. It works for me & I recommend it. Plus, it's cheap. $27 for a three month supply, or $9 a month.

Comment from: NavyGirl, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 18

It really cleared up a lot of my acne while taking away all the pains that go with your period. I do still get moody, but that is nothing compared to the pains and all the acne.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 09

I have only been using Sprintec for one month but have used it in the past for longer periods of time. I have always suffered from severe pms symptoms that are almost completely alleviated by taking this drug. My periods are shorter and lighter, my cravings are decreased, my bloating is reduced and my sex drive has stayed the same. I would definitly recommend this birth control to anyone looking.

Related Reading: sprintec

Comment from: meljo, 25-34 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 15

I have been on Sprintec for two years straight, and have been on it before several years prior. I have not had any of the side effects other users have stated, and find my periods light and regular, no cramps, moodiness or bloating. No pregnancy (phew)! My sex drive is normal. For $9 a month, totally worth it!

Comment from: ClevelandGal, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 25

I've been on this pill for almost 2 weeks. I, too, was horrified at many of the reviews and almost didn't take the pill at all. Thus far, I've had little to no reaction to the pill at all. For the first day at 2, I was a bit nauseated. No, I did not vomit 12 hours after taking it, as several reviewers said. It was just a little uncomfortable - I was never physically sick. I've had some abdominal pains, but they were hardly even noticeable. I've had no breakthrough bleeding, spotting, or anything of the sort. And I'm already noticing clearer skin. Plus, maybe it's just me, but my stomach seems noticeably flatter. I feel like I was retaining some water weight before and that's practically disappeared (I'm slim to begin with, but I did notice it.) I'm prone to some depression and anxiety, but I haven't had any mood swings to date and I feel happy as a clam! I think, to be honest, that a lot of reviewers have control over what's happening to them, but choose not to act accordingly. For example, I heard that the pill might upset my stomach. I made it a point to change the time that I took it to around 6 pm when I would be eating a large meal, and I haven't had any problems. Furthermore, if you're gaining weight, it's likely because you're eating more. If you recognize that, like on ANY pill, you might gain weight, you should be cautious about eating more than you usually do. If you're in tune with your body, you shouldn't have any problems with it. So ladies, take this pill. Don't let reviews freak you out about it. For $9 a pack, it doesn't hurt to try. If it's not the pill for you, switch. Everyone is different. But don't let exaggerated experiences steer you away unnecessarily. Good luck!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: ivyleague1970, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 27

I took the Sprintec Birth Control Pills for 3 and ½ years. I started taking it one month after my first daughter was born to prevent unwanted pregnancy. It worked. I never got pregnant. But what didn’t work is all the side effects that come with it. My OB/GYN never told me about any of this. He prescribed it and that was it. I didn’t know one little tiny pill could wreck so much havoc in my life. I was depressed, very moody, irritatable, low libido and could not loose weight. I thought I had post-pardum all this time. I was tired all of the time. I was very, very emotional. I would cry at the drop of a hat. My husband thought I was crazy and we separated. I was seeing a psychiatrist for depression and they prescribed anti-depressants, which I didn’t take. Nothing I did could lift this “fog on my brain.” It wasn’t until I stopped taking the pill while my husband and I were separated, that I felt normal again. I felt like my old self. My sex drive came back. My husband noticed it immediately, “I finally got my wife back!” I will never take the pill again! It is not worth it.

Related Reading: sprintec | pregnancy | depression

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: March 16

I've been on Orthocyclen (the same thing as Sprintec) and now Sprintec for a year now. I experienced vomiting the very first night after I took it, but after that I had no problems except for one day after I forgot to take a pill and had to take two the next day. My periods are like clockwork now (a very nice change from before) and I had some acne on my cheeks before but it has all cleared up now. I take it at the same time each night (I set an alarm on my phone) and it's not too hard to remember. I always use an additional backup method of birthcontrol just in case, so it's been completely effective for me. Overall, I'm completely satisfied with this pill.

Related Reading: acne

Comment from: YourFavoriteBITCH, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 23

This birth control almost RUINED MY LIFE. I had SEVERE mood swings, rage, anxiety and depression. i told my husband who ive loved since i was 17 years old that i wanted a DIVORCE countless times for no reason at all, one time i even broke a mug and got mad at myself and ended up telling him i wanted a divorce. We have the most amazing marriage and are the best of friends in the world -- this drug almost ruined all of that for me. NEVER TAKE THIS DRUG!!!!!!!!!!!! not to mention the hair loss and i was always tired, oh yeah and did i mention i was a BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! i hate having to give this DRUG one star, i wish i could give it negative. not satisfied does not begin to cover it. FLUSHING THE PILLS AND DETOX STARTS TODAY

Related Reading: anxiety | hair loss

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 22

I took Sprintec for about 10 years, right until I was ready to get pregnant. I was off the pill for one month and got pregnant. Two kids later, I started back on Sprintec. I've been back on for 8 months and have had no issues. No cramps, lighter flow, and you can set a clock to my period. I've heard really bad things about other pills and would be afraid to try another. This one works, so I'm sticking to it.

Comment from: rty3456, 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 10

I've tried the other "cheap" Wal-Mart birth control before (Junel 24 FE) and it was a HORRIBLE experience. All of the bad reviews I've read on here about Sprintec were exactly my experience with Junel. Weird spotting and just a HORRIBLE overall mood. I was very depressed and would come unglued at the smallest things. I was very weary to try Sprintec because it is even cheaper than Junel at the Wal-Mart pharmacy ($19 Junel vs. only $9 Sprintec). I didn't want a repeat of the 3 months I was on Junel. I am only on my first month of Sprintec, but so far I've been pleasantly surprised. The only side effect that I've been experiencing is very sore, tender breasts. The first week I also felt very nauseous and threw up a few times, but that has subsided. It was just my body getting used to the estrogen and such. I haven't had any issue with spotting or starting a period early, I haven't had any crazy mood swings or depression. I never had major acne or bad skin, but I would get occasional pimples and lately my skin has been looking the best I've seen it in years. I'm on my last "active" pill and will be on my placebo pills soon, so I should be starting my first period next week. I'm just really ecstatic that it's been going so well because this is my 4th kind of birth control and the other 3 just didn't work right with my body. I hope Sprintec continues to be such a contraceptive blessing! My advice to anyone reading this review and the others below it would be don't rely on the bad reviews to choose a birth control for you. If I did that, I would have never gotten a prescription for this "cheap" birth control from my doctor. I've been on $70-$80 birth control pills and the side effects were out of this world bad. So it really doesn't matter about price, it really just depends on what birth control reacts well with your body!

Comment from: kt, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 19

I started taking this medication a few weeks ago. Aside from being very nauseous the first week of taking this medication i must say the side effects i've had are great. I've noticed a decrease in my appetite and i have a really big sweet tooth and i've noticed its almost gone. I'm not craving sweets at all which is probably helping with weight loss. I was expecting to gain weight on this medication but this was a nice suprise

Choosing Your Birth Control Method See Slideshow
Comment from: jordanelkins0724, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 13

Nausea sometimes accompanied by vomiting, EXTREME MOODINESS for NO reason, dull cramps, acne, MAJOR INCREASE in appetite...virtually every symptom of pregnancy besides breast tenderness and sensitive smeller...I'm either pregnant making this pill ineffective (since I set an alarm and take it on the dot every 24 hours) or this pill makes you feel like you're in your first trimester

Related Reading: acne | pregnancy

Comment from: sw1m4l1fe, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 06

I've been taking Sprintec for close to a year now and it's the only pill I have ever tried. I'd read all of the horror stories about different birth controls and found pretty solid reviews for this one and opted to try it out. It was a great decision. Sprintec was easy to start - no spotting, no weight gain, no acne or nausea, blood pressure problems or anything like that. It didn't affect my sex drive and has prevented pregnancy so far! I set an alarm on my cell at night to remind me to take it (also was recommended to take at night so if it does cause nausea, you'll be at home/asleep). Even the times that I missed a pill or two in a row, no spotting and no babies! Yay! My periods are pretty light and only last a few days. Overall, I'm really satisfied with Sprintec and highly recommend it to any girl just starting to take birth control, or any girl who is looking for something new!

Related Reading: sprintec

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: June 22

I have been taking this pill for about 2 years now, and it has worked great for me. I had been taking Yaz before Sprintec, but the Yaz was making me absolutely crazy! I cried literally all the time and over the most absurd things, not to mention the terrible migraines. After switching to Sprintec all my symptoms went away. The first couple days I had nausea and dizziness, but like all birth control pills, your body just needs to adjust. I have had no side effects since then. If I miss a pill and have to take 2 in one day I tend to feel sick, but that rarely happens and it is my own fault. I would definately suggest this pill to anybody. With that being said, everyones bodies are different and react differently to birth control. If you start taking Sprintec, or any birth control for that matter, at least try continuing it for a month or so. Everyone normally has unpleasant side effects the first couple weeks, but many times they subside when your body gets used to the pill.

Related Reading: yaz | dizziness

Comment from: Maggsd, 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 31

I've been reading a lot of reviews about this pill saying they have only been using Sprintec for about a month and they are experiencing no sex drive and acne breakouts. Well, I've been using Sprintec for seven months now and I too had no sex drive and breakouts on my skin for the first two months. On the third month, my skin started clearing up beautifully and now I only get the occasional pimple. My sex drive is back to normal. And it's done wonders for my period. No more cramps, light bleeding, very easy to manage, completely done by the 6th day. And the best part, no more cramps. Let the birth control settle into your body and give it a chance to start working the way it should. You'll be glad you did considering this pill is only 9 dollars a month.

Comment from: Naomi, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 14

I have been taken this birth control pill for almost 4 months and I must say that I did have some problems in the first month. When I first started taking the pills I had bad headaches. My doctor told me that things will get better, I just had to give my body time to get use to the pills. And as time went on the headaches did stop. The only problem that I am having now is that my breast are really sore. My doctor said that my breast are growing and when the tissues multiply and grow that soreness does happen. But my periods are lighter and I my cramps are nowhere near as bad as they were. I like the pill. I have not grained any weight and I do not workout. I suggest that if you do try this pill try to stick with is for at least 3-4 months before giving up on it. Remember this pill is sending your body different types of messages that your body may have not heard before, you have to give it time to the messgaes.

Comment from: casssio, 13-18 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 22

After reading all these reviews I was so scared to take this pill. It's my first time on BC, and I've been taking it for nearly 2 complete cycles. I have not had one single side effect. I was hoping it would get rid of my acne.. but it didn't. At least it didn't make it worse though (I guess It's because I have non-hormonal acne). I got my period on time and I didn't get pregnant despite having lots and lots of unprotected sex with my boyfriend :) The only problem I'm having from it is because I accidentally forgot to take my pill one day and had to take two the next day. So now I'm having some spotting. Not a big deal though. I am very pleased with this pill and so relieved I didn't get any of those horrible side effects! I also have a friend who is taking this and hasn't had any problems either. And it's relatively cheap so I think it's worth a shot

Comment from: Bippy-Lu, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 17

I had taken Yaz prior to Sprintec. My Dr. recommended it because Yaz caused too many side effects. This one is just as bad but I'm going to stick it out to see if I adjust. I have awful breast tenderness. Like I'm engorged w/ milk. I have higher ab pains and I always feel like I could throw up at any point. usually subsides at night. It's all like morning sickness. Very bloated but no appetite. The breast pain is the worst!

Related Reading: yaz | sprintec

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 22

I started this drug for effective birth control. When discussing with my doctor, told her I wanted something that would not affect my sex drive, help with acne, and not have me gain weight. I started out on a different drug, low dose, however, I kept having breakthrough bleeding, so the doctor called in sprintec/mononessa. Since being on it, it has not helped with my acne, but worst of all, it has decreased my sex drive significantly. I feel so bad to not have the desire when my partner does. I even try forcing myself and it doesn't work out. I plan on stopping very soon

Related Reading: acne | sprintec

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: April 10

I switched from YAZ to Sprintec 28 and have been very happy with Sprintec 28. I got on birth control originally because my menstrual periods were nearly unbearable. Sprintec 28 has been great, altogether. My skin has cleared, I have never had a pregnancy scare, I haven't gained weight on it, and I don't deal with cramps EVER. I'm very happy with Sprintex 28 and don't plan on switching anytime soon.

Related Reading: yaz | pregnancy

Comment from: angel, 45-54 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: December 13

I have been using it for years. My face is always clear. I take it consistently never breaking and have no periods. I have migraines when I do not take them. I do find it difficult to lose weight. I am not sure if it is the pills.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 29

I was put on this birth control about six months ago and at first I really didn't like it. I felt like my period became heavier and I became moodier. I decided to stick with it because I had a 3 month supply and I couldn't have been happier. About 2 months in many of these symptoms stopped. My face is completely clear and my period has lightened to the point where I didn't even have it last month. I'm still slightly moody but it's nothing I can't deal with. It really took a few months for my body to adjust. Then only negative is that I get nauseous when I take it on an empty stomach. I have not become pregnant on this pill nor have I ovulated. If you're afraid of becoming pregnant, check to see if you are ovulating. If you don't know how to check, google it. Theres a million ways to tell and it's the easiest way to prevent pregnancy and make sure it's working. If you're just starting on this pill, give it a few months. I'm absolutely in love with this pill. :)

QUESTION