Sprintec

Comment from: MomOf1 35-44 Female 5 to less than 10 years Caregiver Published: August 03

I have never had any side effects with Sprintec, no weight gain, no problems. It has worked to keep me from getting pregnant. I have taken it for about 7 years.

Related Reading: sprintec | getting pregnant

Comment from: M 13-18 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: August 02

Honestly I love Sprintec my period is every 28 days, i don’t bloat to bad, no acne, no weight gain, my mood is just the same but happier. I love being in control of getting my periods and my fertility! Only thing is the boob pain starts about 5 days before starting the placebo pills and it hurts like a mf, worse than regular pms but i know child birth is more painful than some mild boob pain so i can deal with it. I will continue to be on sprintec!

Related Reading: sprintec | acne

Comment from: Anonymous 25-34 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: June 17

So i have been dealing with what i was scared of was herpes...after blood tests the results were negative. I have taken diflucan orally for 4 days with no relief. Doctor gave me creams to use and nothing has helped. I cant walk due to the irritation and burning. I was reading the reviews and saw someone experience something similar to mine. I have now thrown my pills in the trash and consulting with my doctor tomorrow. I have been suffering for a week. I am very glad im not alone in this.

Related Reading: diflucan

Comment from: bma9900 19-24 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: June 15

I was SO scared to get on birth control, especially reading all the horror stories. I just finished my second pack and I've had an overwhelmingly positive experience so I figured I'd share. I've had moderate to severe acne since middle school (I'm 20 now) and since starting this it's basically cleared up aside from a pimple or two every month! It's also helped with my scarring and made my overall completion better. My boobs gotten bigger, which I don't mind at all. My periods are essentially painless and way lighter than normal. I haven't noticed any significant weight gain or change in my energy, which are two things I was scared of after reading reviews. The only downside is I noticed a little increase in anxiety and mood swings within the first couple of weeks but they seemed to have evened out. I also felt a little more bloated than usual, but it's probably only noticeable to me. Overall, I'm so glad I started! Don't let the horror stories scare you.

Related Reading: acne | anxiety

Comment from: Hannah 19-24 Transgender 1 to less than 2 years Caregiver Published: June 02

I was originally put on birth control for my acne, I was happy at first as my skin cleared but throughout the months I experienced horrible side effects. Not knowing all the issues that can come along with birth control at first I didn’t know that was the issue. I experienced constant nausea, diarrhea, migraine headaches, and extreme depression. As someone who has never experienced depression it was hard to believe a pill could cause such issues. I ended up on this birth control for over a year and also experienced excessive weight gain. I was told to give it time as everyone’s body is different. I still couldn’t believe a pill was causing these issues. After getting off of this pill my body has completely changed for the better and I no longer have any of these issues. Please be aware when on a birth control, there’s multiple different kinds and brands what works for some may not work for you. I knew people who are on Sprintec who never experience any issues. Every body is different.

Related Reading: acne | diarrhea | depression

Comment from: 35-44 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 18

I took this pill with the understanding that I will experience some negative side effects, which I am OK with as long as it's documented. But Sprintec also caused me to develop multiple genital sores between the 2nd/3rd pill of each pack that I take. The sores grow up to an inch in diameter and they rub against each other. It was so painful to walk and to urinate. I knew the pills were causing it but my doctor kept insisting that I have herpes. My swabs always come out negative for herpes. Doc prescribed Valacyclovir, which did not help, so it confirmed to me it wasn't caused by HSV. As soon as I stopped taking the pills, the sores stopped. Never again will I use this.

Comment from: 35-44 Female 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: May 17

I started Sprintec at the end of March because I had been having one or two cycles once per year for almost 5 years. (Tried other prescriptions) After 1 month on Sprintec I started getting my cycles again. This month was the first time in many almost 5 years I had two cycles on time. Taking Sprintec comes at a cost though. All day nausea, the worst breast tenderness I’ve ever experienced in my life, enlarged breasts (I’m already top heavy), fatigue, ACNE, which I hadn’t had in YEARS, sore/itchy scalp. I’m sure there’s more. But it feels good to feel like a woman again.

Related Reading: sprintec | fatigue | acne

Comment from: Bbpancake 25-34 Transgender 10 years or more Caregiver Published: May 03

I have taken this birth control for 10 years. I’ve never had a pregnancy scare. It cleared up my hormonal acne. It has never made me gain weight, become moody or depressed, or caused any problems for me.

Related Reading: pregnancy | acne

Comment from: 17 year old gir 13-18 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: April 20

Don’t use this brand. I used to have oily skin and when I went on sprintec I developed severely dry skin to the point where I have wrinkles now and I’m a teen. It also made constipated. It gave me numerous other dangerous side effects such as a blood clotting disorder and insulin resistance. This all happened in 2 months. This is probably because the estrogen dosage is insanely high. This is not safe to take.

Related Reading: sprintec | dry skin | wrinkles

Comment from: Anonymous 19-24 Transgender 2 to less than 5 years Caregiver Published: April 13

My period is consistent and i have less side effects now, but I have gained a lot of weight and it can make me nauseous sometimes. My period was not super inconsistent before, but I'm seriously considering stopping this pill all together because I have gained a lot of weight and I'm tired of always being nauseous. Overall I would say that it was effective, but the side effects made it less worthwhile. I like how I can choose to skip my period with this pill, but that's really the only positive.

Comment from: Kcarp 19-24 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: April 13

As far as keeping me from getting pregnant it worked great . This birth control completely changed my mood. I would have crying spells , mood swings, rage and suicidal thoughts . My periods would hurt so bad to the point I thought I was miscarrying. The week before my period I would have severe cramping , pregnancy like cravings and the worst mood swings ive ever experienced. hair growth was also a side effect I was not expecting. I've never had a mustache until this medication . If you have depression I would not recommend this medication.

Related Reading: getting pregnant | pregnancy | depression

Comment from: Al.C 25-34 Female 10 years or more Patient Published: April 09

I have been taking this for about 10 years, Never had a single problem with it. I take it at 10pm every night before bed and I have a perfect 28 day cycle. Sun-Thursday. I take the 1st pill Thursdays and my period stops by Friday morning. So far has been a good form of birth control and my periods have been more manageable since starting this medicine. I don't ever plan on switching this medication until I am ready for children!

Comment from: Heather 25-34 Transgender less than 1 month Caregiver Published: April 09

I've been taking Sprintec for almost two weeks now. I was taking Junel before. So far, since day 1 I have had serious bloating and my stomach has been in absolute whirls. It's not so much gassy, just mostly very bubbly. From when I wake up, to everytime I move my stomach, its gargling. I just feel bloated and plain bubbly. Not enjoying it so far and I really hope it'll go away.

QUESTION

Which of the following are methods for contraception? See Answer

Comment from: 19-24 Transgender 1 to 6 months Caregiver Published: April 07

I have been on sprintec for exactly one month. Based on what my doctor told me, the first month is usually rough. One of the biggest things I noticed is that this pill caused me to be bloated (water retention wise) and nauseous. I’m currently sexually active so the pregnancy prevention is a big plus. However on my 3rd week of sprintec, I experienced pregnancy like symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, green stools, tender boobs and nipples, and serious lower back pains (mood swings and emotion sensitivity as well). Another thing I experienced was extra anxiety. In the end, I still got my period. So ladies, if you are in this pill, taking the pill at the exact time everyday and experience pregnancy like symptoms, don’t be afraid, it is a high chance that the pill is causing it. So far my cramps have been quite light while being on my period (I had the worst cramps before taking the pill to the point that I couldn’t move my body for a day) so I’m thankful that the pill is working for me. Also a big warning, caffeine hits you harder when you are in this pill. DO NOT DRINK AN ENERGY DRINK while you’re in the pill. I honestly thought I was getting a heart attack even after drinking half of the energy drink (I usually handle caffeine but this time I simply couldn’t).

Related Reading: sprintec | pregnancy | prevention

Comment from: Caitlyn 19-24 Transgender Caregiver Published: April 02

Started taking this 3 weeks ago.... I’ve been in hospital twice now due to it causing me to vomit non stop and severe constipation. The amount of pain my stomach is in is awful. Not worth it. I know it is the birth control as I was fine all day until I took it. Not a fan.

Comment from: at 19-24 Female 1 to 6 months Patient Published: March 29

I had such bad nausea when I started this medication that I would wake up in the middle of the night and vomit stomach acid. I've been on it for around 2 months now and I still get nausea after taking it sometime, although it's more mild now. I also think that it has caused some weight gain.