Stromectol

Comment from: cpadg10280, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 06

I used the first line of treatment, Permethrin cream, 3 times with no relief. I asked my doctor for Ivermectin(Stromectol). My dosage was six 3mg tablets, taken on empty stomach. I took at bedtime. No side effects. Took second half of dose (six 3mg tablets) one week later. In about 2-3 weeks I was not getting new breakouts and some of the older ones were clearing up. Itching still, but mostly at night. It does not wake me up itching like in the beginning. I think this should be the first line of treatment. I wasted a lot of money on doctors and medications before I got this and I had to beg my doc to give it to me. I now have a dose on hand in case I ever get this again.

Related Reading: permethrin | stromectol

Comment from: patiently, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have seen many doctors and finally after over 5 years was told that I had scabies. After numerous applications of elimite cream that was never successful. I was given Stromectol for treatment. Almost on the verge of loosing my mind, thank goodness this option exists for the treatment. No side effects and so far after the first dose awaiting the second (after 10 days) I have had my skin clearer and less itchy. I still feel things crawling around under my skin but I can tolerate it.

Related Reading: scabies | elimite

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 11

I took this medication after five rounds of permethrin cream each 7 days apart. The cream did not work because if you missed a single small part on your body the treatment failed. I was prescribed 5 3mg tablets of stromectol taken on an empty stomach before bed, then repeat in 5 days. I had to beg my doctor for this treatment. Its now been one week since the second dose and almost all itching is gone and I can sleep again. It took three months and 3 different doctors to come up with the diagnosis of scabies. This should have been a first line treatment. After about 5 months I finally got relief thanks to stromectol.

Related Reading: permethrin | stromectol

Comment from: ag42b, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 02

Somehow I was infected by ichneumon wasp larvae. Eggs laid under the skin would congregate on blood vessels, turn into white, worm like larvae, and eventually erupt from the skin as wasps. I get reinfected, so am placed on full dose, 3x a year. Stromectol keeps them under control. If you have an insect information, don't let doctors blow you off with "delusions of parasitism" diagnoses. Find another doctor. Show any visible objects under the skin to doctor, family. and friends. Don't let anyone try to put you on psych. medication. I finally located a tropical infectious disease specialist, who consulted with a doctor in Sweden. He prescribed Stromectol, and that kills the eggs and larvae. If cost is a problem, generic Ivermectin (same stuff) is available at stores that deal with horses. Use the recommended dosing for HUMANS.

Comment from: Ms Saint, 35-44 (Patient) Published: November 12

Dr perscribed me one dose of 3mg - it took a couple of days to work was great - first real relief since this all started - but now he refuses to do retreat before 3mths - although he orignally stated could retreat in 2 wks - the itching is back and not going away - I question if dosage was enough and why not a retreatment

Comment from: unlucky, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 16

I contracted scabies at work, I tried the Elimite. It works, but I was naïve to reinfection so I asked my doctor for Stromectol, they agreed. Two 6-pill doses. I mistakenly took mine both only 4 days apart. I posted in the Elimite section on this site for a more complete description of my experience. Basically, I learned the Elimite does work, but reinfection has to be monitored so extremely closely, that it gives the impression Elimite isn't effective. Stromectol helps immensely, hugely. Because, between Elimite treatments, bugs that bite (actually its a burrow-nest-egg laying, not so much a "bite") will die. If you take Stromectol and use Elimite on the same night, then any bug that bites, any continuation is a reinfection bug coming from: your wallet, keys, car seat, seat belt, sheets, towels, packpacks, belts, shoes, toilet seat, work computer, TV remote, edge of bed, etc. Once you get wise to reinfection, then the Stromectol can really do its thing. It's a blessing, because every bug "biting" between Elimite treatments have been stopped by the Stromectol residual in the skin. That''s why they don't form tracks, just one bite then death. It's great stuff but only part of what's needed to get rid of scabies. Read my Elimite post for advice fighting scabies.

Related Reading: elimite

Comment from: feeling better, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 27

To anyone losing there ever loving mind scratching themselves sinceless and pulling your hair out from lack of sleep do this.... tell your doctor you want hydrocortizone pills!!!!!!!! this will instantly stop itching soon as the pill desolves, break it down to a powder if neccasay. And then take the ivermectim as sheduled and you should be good, but the hyrdo pill will help immencly. I absolutley hate how doctors are paid to give yo drugs that dont work so whatever company can make some money at the expense of a completely misserable person, makes me sick

Comment from: ext, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 18

Hello, I (90 kg) was prescribed for scabies two dosis of 6 mg of ivermectin each within one week. Taken first dosys with no effects after 4 days, awaiting for the second. Can you please advice what dosys were you recomended ? And your weight please.

Related Reading: scabies

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 16

I ended up getting mites (mange) from a puppy I bought from a breeder. The dog mites cannot live on humans, but as long as your dog has them, they can affect you, and they did. I was prescribed this drug, and I took the first dose and broke out in hives. Since the drug lasts for days, I had hives for several days. I didn't take the second dose. However, now, when I go out in the sun, I break out in hives. I never had this problem before. If I wear sunscreen, I don't break out. The Stromectol is the only medicine I've taken except I regularly take birth control, but have been on the same birth control brand for many years, and as I said, this only started happening last year after I took the Stromectol. Has anyone else had a reaction like this? I have an appointment with a dermatologist in a couple months (that was as early as they could take me). The hives only appear on areas not regularly exposed to the sun, like my face and forearms do not get hives, but my shoulders, upper arms, neck, legs, back, and stomach will. Please help!

Related Reading: hives | sunscreen | stromectol

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 08

I took this medication four days ago, after two rounds of cream traeatments two weeks apart. After the cream treatments, I had about a week of relief, then the itching/sores returned worse than before the treatment. I had to ask my doctor about this oral medication. He said that I would only take it once, then he would send me to a dermatologist if not better. So far, so good...much better than before. Today, I seem to have a HORRIBLE bitter, metallic (almost chemical) taste in my mouth. My saliva seems to taste almost like poison at times. Has amyone else experience anything like this when tbey have taken it?

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 12

I have taken the prescribed 2 doses, one week apart for scabies. No discernable changes in my condition. I did not experience any side effects. Itook it on an empty stomach at bedtime.

Comment from: dikfer96, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 28

Terrible itching for weeks. Doctor noted symptoms and signs and prescribed this medication. Immediate relief, but did require a second dose 1-week later. The relief from itching was worth it. Wish I had known sooner.

Comment from: bb, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 14

the dr said he thinks it is scabies so me and my husband is taking stromectol the dr said I should fill better in a day but I am reading these reviews and some saying they are having to do a second treatment do u finally get these things gone

Related Reading: stromectol

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 26

took the drug as directed. no side effects,but still getting symptoms and seeing mites possibley!? and some crusting around eyelashes,ears,possibley mites in nose and not sure if it worked on hands and feet.

Comment from: Ihatewormsgg, 19-24 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 10

Made me extremely constipated. I can't fatt or poop on the second day after taking it. For ascarisis

Comment from: danzan, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 09

I use this mixed in with medium grain brown rice and the difference is that it enhances the qualities of the brown rice. I don't have any illness or condition that I'm trying to treat but I got onto Job's Tears after reading internet posts wherein they are used quite a bit with old Chinese people to pep them up and to promote their liver function. It surely does this for me. I am now 70 years old and have been using them for about 10 years. If I use brown rice alone without the Job's Tears, I just don't get the same reaction, that is an increased well being state as when I mix in the Job's Tears. One thing to note is when using both the brown rice and the Job's Tears together, I always have to 'take a dump' right after eating them. This is a good thing as most people don't have a regular bowel movement at all. I'm currently recommending this mix to a friend of mine who's been battling hepatitis C for the past 20 years of his life and he is 10 years younger than me. Hope it does some good but as everyone should know what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. However, I have another friend who has a gastrointestinal problem periodically and he reports the same thing with a 'dump' every time he eats them and it really cleans him out and reduces the pain in his lower intestinal tract. Of course he does all of the bad things too like smoking, beer drinking and bad junk food ingestion but he comes back to this 'eating mix' of mine to bring him back to feeling better. Anyone out there might try this if you have the inclination to and just see if you don't feel better with their usage.

Related Reading: liver | hepatitis | smoking

Fungal Skin Infections: Types, Symptoms, and Treatments See Slideshow
Comment from: HuaHin, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

I'm living in Thailand and had the symptoms of kidney stones. I've had them before in the US. A Thai herbalist recommended drinking a tea made from Job's tears, or eating it. I followed his advice and my kidney stones resolved within 12 hours.

Related Reading: kidney stones

Comment from: swwet4b, 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 03

I was given Lice treatment creme for my scabies. I was still itching after a few applied lotions1%. I had to beg my dr. to given Stromectol to me. I am on my second dose.I hope it works cause my dr. refuses to give me any oral meds for this. She only prescribes 1% lice treatment lotions to treat scabies.

Related Reading: scabies | stromectol

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 16

good

Comment from: Chichi, 25-34 (Patient) Published: September 17

Loving it it's all natural it works for me...

Comment from: phit3, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: August 31

I had 5 3mg pills taken 5 days ago and I'm going crazy with the itching. I'm using cortizone 10 cream and it doesn't last long and it feels as if I have stinging on my forearms and mustly my thighs. I was never told you need to wash everything daily to prevent reinfection. I don't know how long stromectol stays in your system to kill the eggs of the mites. I'm scared my doctor will not give me another treatment for 3 months. I'm ready to peel my skin off. I'm bleeding from scratching. What can I do to get my doctor to treat me again now and will this ever go away. I'll never last 3 months. I'm not sleeping, I'm tired and really scared. Anyone have anymore info I how long med works and when the itching will stop.

Related Reading: stromectol

Comment from: Diana, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 12

Breakout on buttok and top of arms with brown spots (scarring). Pain in stomach, legs back couldent walk as time progressed. Almost was paralized, possible from fecal material from parasites entering my bloodstream. Went to dermatoligist for breakout he prescribed Stromectol one time (four pills) treatment. Within two days i was able to walk again and feel almost no pain. Side effects first week: Joint and muscle pain. Stomach pain, dizzyness, sleeply, then within second week RELIEF!!!!!!! Going back for another check up. Dr. also prescribed Creme for breakout. I am now cleansing with Dr. Natura Colon Cleanse. Love my Dermatoligist!!! Saved my life as i felt like i was going to die soon. Feel great today!

Comment from: 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: March 12

good

good

Comment from: aleyeah98, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 03

my goal weight loss have not had to change the my diet.