Suboxone

Comment from: [email protected], 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 04

I want to start off by saying this drug is a miracle. I was in a rehab center for two weeks to detox off OxyContin. They gave me this drug expecting me to be off it in two weeks. I relapsed 3 days after i was off this medicine because although the physical withdrawals were not present, the psychological cravings were. Also if you are psychologically dependent on this drug your body will stop producing "dopamine", The natural occurring chemical that helps cause feelings of pleasure in the brain. Opiates stimulate dopamine activity. So Suboxone will block, but not damage, your opioid receptors while your natural dopamine will start to produce. Usually within 3-6 months you can stop taking suboxone and feel better than you did before you started taking drugs. You will withdrawal from this medication for about 3 days and the withdrawal isn't that bad. I'm the biggest baby in the world and if "I" can do it then anyone can. It is important to talk to your doctor when you are ready to stop taking suboxone so he can taper you off slowly. I do recommend this drug to anyone who wants to stop using anything from Vicodin to heroin and can't do it alone. It will save your life and you won't even think about drugs while your on it. To increase your chances for success i also suggest out-patient therapy and 12 step meetings. Your life will get alot better. I didn't get clean to be miserable and this medicine made me feel alive and in control over my addiction for the first time. Good luck to you, You can do it :)

Related Reading: oxycontin | dopamine | suboxone

Comment from: juggiegirl87, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 30

Suboxone is IT!!! The first dose & you see that withdrawls are over! I did Heroin & Oxy for 5 years. I thought my only hope was the Methadone Clinic, (which takes 1 year minimum) to "Get Off". The first dose of Suboxone I took I felt AWESOME! NORMAL! Absolutely no withdrawls & 1 pill lasted 2 whole days! I was at the point I wanted to die! Every minute I didnt spend looking for drugs I spent planning my suicide. Suboxone changed (SAVED) my life! It takes Such a short time for a full recovery & it isnt hard to get off like Methadone. This is it people! I never thought I would even still be here, let alone feeling good & loving life! I am sober & I feel better than ever! Please...if you are suffering from Opiate addiction, PLEASE try Suboxone! Bless all of you and I hope you find this miracle cure!!! T.G. P.S.- I havent experienced ANY bad side effects!

Related Reading: suicide

Comment from: bluestrat70, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 21

Suboxone completely eliminated the withdrawal symptoms i was experiencing. Before taking the first dose i was sluggish, fatigued, i had the runs, my bones and joints ached, i couldn't focus on the simplest task. Within 15 minutes of putting suboxone tablet under my tongue all of those nasty feelings were gone. i hadn't felt that good for as long i could remmember. I have no cravings for vicodin or percocet i had been taking/abusing for the past 3 years. this is a miracle drug.

Related Reading: vicodin | percocet

Comment from: Billy Mac, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: February 22

I was a chronic pain patient for 30 year's had access to the best hospitals and doctors in Cleveland and it was a regiment of going from one narcotic to another and I was basically existing, but some how functioned from day to day.A doctor who runs a world renown Addiction Center started me on them, and it was like Dorothy entering the Land of Oz.There was no pain and no euphoric feelings and for the first time since the military I felt normal, and this was the toughest part of my journey. I am now happier than I have ever been, but to you youngsters out there, I paid the piper.My liver has taken a beating from all the prescription meds and a host of other things that cant be reversed.If your addicted, you need to seek help before you harm your internal organs and just as important, the psychological damage addiction causes.Stay cool and find something bigger than yoursef,and to me that was God,but if you cant go that route, a door knob will suffice as you must stop the insanity of addiction.Suboxone gave me back my life and my family.Every major city in the US has doctors that can help you.Grasp this lifeline called Suboxone.

Related Reading: chronic pain | liver

Published: November 08

I was up to 20-25 10-325 norcos a day. I heard about this when I went looking for my next fix at a new docs office. I had had it with just surviving so I gave it a shot. The key is you have to be in withdrawl in order for it to work. At least moderately. That part sucked but the way the symptoms disappeared after the first dose? Amazing. The only problem I am having now is, I am kind of a depressed person. The opiates for the most part made me feel euphoric and happy. Not having that anymore sometimes makes me want to go back and use but all I have to do is look at my kids and that's all smashed. It is a great drug. Expensive though but then again compared to the price I was paying on the street for pills and or scripts. Nothing compares. If you are considering it, do it. You will not be upset. Just make sure you are in withdrawl and have not used for at least 24 hours or it will make you sick. Peace.

Comment from: bigseals81, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: May 11

I was taking over 170 7.5 Lortabs (SPECS), plus any other upper or pain killer I could get my hands on a month for over 10 years. Oxys, Roxys, Vicodin, Lorcet, Tussinex, you get the idea! Then pot, and downers to sleep, all while steady drinking. I started this program little over 2 years ago. NEVER went back, not once! I take 8mg in morning (Shower) then 8mg more in evening after work. I truly wanted it mind, body, and soul. u got to want it. U do ur part, it will do its part. Never think about it, Never have gained tolerance to it in over 2 yrs of use. Even helped me quit drinking!? I may be on it the rest of my life because of my personality, who knows. But it beats the heck out of the alternative lifestyle. Overall, BEST decision I ever made. And my wife, family, and friends agree. SAVED MY LIFE!!! And to those who say its just a substitute for something else, thats true. But if thats what it takes to be successful and live a normal life....SO BE IT!!! Good luck and thanks for reading. Hope my experience helps others.

Related Reading: vicodin | lorcet

Comment from: will3, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 15

i started taking pain pills when i was 16 yrs old. tylenol # 2-4 incresaed to lorcet 10mg by age 20. then started taking oxycontin 20mg, 40mg, 60mg. 6-8 tablets a day until i was in my 40s. i begged the Lord to hlp me stop taking all these pills. it was destroying my family and career too. but GOD is awesome. by His grace i saw a program on HBO tv. it was answered prayer after takeing the opiates for over 30 yrs non-stop everyday. then one day i just got on my knees and asked the Lord to help me stop cold turkey on a sunday last month. i then i walked into my doctor's office on monday the next day. i told him i just stopped the opiates last night and i needed to start taking suboxone asap before i started withdrawing. he started me on 8.2 mg film. i take 1/2 of strip in the morning and the other 1/2 in the evening. the only side effects i've had is the runs for the first few days and some major headaches on both sides of my temples. for me it was super easy because of my faith in JESUS CHRIST. He gave me the mercy to do it because i trusted in His power not mine because if it was in my power i would have flipped out and ended up in the ER room. i also wanted to thank you all for sharing your comments. they have blessed me so very much.next month i will take 4mg film. 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the evening. then 2mg film 1/2 in the morning 1/2 in the evening. by the end of 90 days i'll stop taking the film. i believe i can do all things through CHRIST who strenghthens me. p.s. it doesn't matter if you are a christian like me or not i still will continue to pray for all of us and our families too. P.S. if you want me to specifically pray for you or if you just want to chop it up email me at [email protected]

Related Reading: tylenol | lorcet | oxycontin

Comment from: newlife, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: January 24

Please if you are truly wanting help and cannot stop on your own this is a way out. I am a VP of a large company and took narcotics to boost my performance at work. It started out slow and after a while I was hooked on 100mg a day of 10/325. I tried everything and after 3 years lost hope, my identity, nearly my job and my family. I looked at this route several times and said it can't work. I read the reviews and was skeptical. Then I tried it after my wife said she was leaving and I wish I would have done it years ago. It worked immediately and I even took half of what my MD suggested. He gave me 8mg and said that might not be enough and I did it with 4mg a day and have had the best days of my life. Of course you have to want to be free of spending your days searching for enough pills to get you through the day and have the spiritual (not necessarily religion) but spiritual willpower to want to quit. I never had a thought of wanting a pill even once after I took this medication and not one side effect and after 3 days felt great and really don't need it but a day or two out of the week. Please do not read the horror stories of this drug and wait like I did try it and find out for yourself if you were at the bottom like i was.

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

(continued from last post) I'm not discouraging people from finding treatment here, dont get me wrong! It is important to beat addiction. I'm just providing insight from very much experience and VERY much research. Do your research on the Internet before deciding to go on suboxone, if you're looking for a miracle cure to beat your addiction without negative side effects or withdrawal symptoms, you simply won't find it, it doesn't exist. And if you just can't seem to bear oxy or vicodin withdrawals for 5 days (I know its absolute misery, but I highly recommend this method) then go on suboxone short term. There's no reason to prolong your addiction by going on suboxone for a year, I think all addicts can agree, we just want to get better, and we want to do it as fast as possible. Make it clear to your dr you're not looking to stay on suboxone long term. There is a proven 21 day suboxone method that will break your addiction to whatever opiate it is that you're addicted to, without becoming addicted to suboxone instead! Suggest this kind of short term treatment to your dr. If he refuses to do this for you because he thinks you need "something a little more long term" then all he's doing is disrespecting your wish of getting better on your schedule. Walk out and find a new dr, because this crook isn't here to help YOU! He's here to cash in on the jackpot that is suboxone therapy. I hope this review was helpful, and I really urge you to think very hard and make smart decisions as to how you go about your sobriety. Opiate addiction is evil and its claiming new victims every single day! Even as I'm typing this new people are getting their lives turned upside down, and they haven't even realized it yet. Best of luck to all of you, from the bottom of my heart!

Related Reading: suboxone | vicodin

Addicted to Pills: The Health Risks of Drug Abuse See Slideshow
Comment from: kevinmilam13, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 27

its been a fantastic drug for helping me stay off opiates but its been very difficult to come off of it

Comment from: Drug free, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 23

Just wanted to say, that you don't have to be on this med for years or months even. The only reason your doctor is doing this is for the money. Of course you are going to withdraw from suboxen if you've been on it that long. If you want to quit you can!! I started out taking a half in the morning and half at night. I only did that for a day, then I went to a quarter a day. I now only have a quarter left and that means I only needed 2 pills to come off a 10 to 15 pill a day habit. I have only experienced anxiety as a side effect or withdraw if you want to say. I feel good! I feel normal! Mentally I know that it is only will power now to keep me from going back to the drugs. I am thankful for the suboxen and so glad I didn't let a doctor talk me into being addicted to them. Please if you take these do not stay on them for a long period of time. You will just find yourself addicted to another pill that's even more expensive then your habit now! Thanks and Good Luck!!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Chris, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 20

This medicine saved my life- I'm 3 years on it now, and my life is finally back to normal after a terrible 5 year heroin addiction... It almost seems like someone else now when I look back at who I was while using heroin... Suboxone is a miracle, if used as you're supposed to use it.. I had a few tries with it before where I didn't follow the instructions and I had relapsed- but this last time I followed it perfectly, and with astounding results... My life just fell back into place right before my eyes... Please, if you want to live again, try this answer... No sickness, just right back to "normal"!! Sometimes I feel even better than normal.. I don't remember being this happy before I ever got into heroin... Now that I'm past the heroin and taking my Suboxone every day, it almost seems like I'm being rewarded for surviving my troubles while on heroin... I dunno, maybe i just appreciate my life more now... after going through hell, the true heaven that is life was there waiting for me all along. :-) ~Chris McD.

Related Reading: suboxone

Comment from: Set Free, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

Be very careful with this med. My first day, I took 1/4 of an 8mg tablet. I took it 26 hours after i took my last vicodin (took 3 the day b4). You get that speed like from taking a perk or vic x1000. You have so much energy and don't know what to do with it. I could not sleep and then went directly into a migraine. 25 hours after taking it, i vomitted. I truly wished death upon me i was so sick. So, I waited 2 days and took a crumb. That made a huge difference. I am a 20 year user of vics and perks. I didn't take more than 10 a day. And then weaned what i had to 3 a day and then started the cycle all over again spending time and money looking for more. Oh what bondage these little pills cause. The withdraws are always the worst for me. I started with 5 subs last saturday and still have 4 left. After reading all the other posts, i know not to be on it for more than a week (my decision). Just please be very, very careful and do your research. By me taking crumbs, i think that has made all of the difference in the world. Like I said, i just need to get through the withdraws. And be sure to wait 24 hours after you have taken your last fix. I am upbeat and thankful to God for helping me through this. Yes, I have a ways to go but i do know that i can defeat this demon. And so can you! You can do this! You will get your life back! I promise. My Mom has already noticed a difference in me. :) God bless each and everyone of you. And btw...the posts that i read requesting prayer, I have prayed for you! And please, Christians, pray for me. Yes, subs can be very helpful as long as you take it the right way. Start off slow. Get off of it as quick as you can and do not replace one crutch with another. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Related Reading: vicodin

Comment from: ROY IN COLO SPGS, 55-64 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 08

I was surprised how quickly this medicine actually they start you on something called Sub something else, for a few days and then send you home with this. It stopped 2-day long strong narcotic/opiate withdrawals in less than 15 minutes. One small nasty tasting pill under your tongue and instantly you honestly feel well. Not high well, just clear well. I consider this drug for chronic pain sufferers and opiate abusers alike a miracle drug. You feel like you've been given a second chance. Please trust me. If you are tired of "it", you owe it to yourself to try this. You will thank your higher-power I promise. LOVE

Related Reading: chronic pain

Comment from: forgot_it, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 10

I posted a while ago (10 bag/day heroin habit). I must say, now I feel fantastic. This medication works. The first few days I felt slight wd symptoms but I had a rather large habit. As soon as the heroin was out of my system, I just felt normal. I do get swelling and irritation under my tounge, but its its easy to tolerate especially after living through the alternative. This medication works better than in-patient tx, outpatient tx, jail, sober house, and drug court combined. I have no regrets about starting this drug. Also, I missed a dr appt and went about a week with no meds and it was fine. I felt slight wd symptoms; cold, tired, lazy. But nothing a sweater and a coffee count fix. Everyone is exaggerating when they say its sooo hard to get off of. They just dont remember how bad opiate wd was. If you are thinking about starting this medication, definately do it. I have no regrets.

Comment from: freshstart1, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 30

I've been off Suboxone for about a week. I'm a 10 year pill popper, and a 20year ex-drunk. But not all for not. THIS DRUG WORKS WHEN TAKEN PROPERLY. It took me three times to figure that out. I know I'm going to be fine once the withdraws are finished.The withdrawl symptoms are not even close to those of coming off of pills. Its a mental game! You need to be mentally prepared for the physical and mental changes that come with detox. If you can do that I feal anybody can do it. I battled alcoholism for over twenty years. I've been sober for 6 years(from alcohol). But I found other means to quite my demons. With Percocet, and Morphine. My advice as an addict? Follow your Doctors instructions. It's ten times easier to quit this drug than it is the hard stuff. Your mind is a powerfull thing! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU! YOUR BETTER THAN YOU THINK YOU MAY BE!

Related Reading: suboxone | alcoholism | percocet

Comment from: recoveringaddict420, 19-24 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I went into detox and the doctor had me on a whole suboxone a day (half in the am, half in the pm) but i felt like i was getting high off of it, and that's what I didn't want to be anymore! So when I got out of treatment i took half in the am and that was enough to make me feel okay to function normally. I weened myself down to a quarter a day after 2 weeks of taking a half a day. I was only prescribed 15 with no refills so when i started taking just a quarter a day I tried to wait as long as I could before I took it because I didn't want to take it if i didn't have to. Some days I skipped taking it, and eventually they were gone and I felt like I didn't need them anymore either. The drug was a great help to get off of Oxycontin and I have now been sober for 5 months after being on drugs for over 3 years. I occasionally get withdrawal like symptoms like night sweats and the shakes but it happens very seldom now. I recommend this to anyone trying to get off of opiates, and in my opinion it is less addicting and safer to take than methadone.

Related Reading: suboxone | oxycontin | night sweats

Comment from: 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: August 12

Suboxone is a miracle drug in terms of getting your life back on track when you are in the depths of an opiate addiction. Taking Suboxone will not only completely eliminate the withdrawals, but it also gets rid of the post-acute withdrawals (the worst aspect of withdrawal) and makes you feel "normal" like you did before you were addicted. Thing is, Suboxone is still an opiate and therefore it is still getting you high. The high is slight, but definitely definable. Suboxone saved my life in many ways. But every positive review that you see online is from someone who is still on Suboxone. I've been on it for four years now. It's a very self-perpetuating drug. I'm sorry to tell anyone this (I had read the horror stories before I tried quitting and did my best to ignore them) but quitting Suboxone is very, very difficult. I've never gotten past seven days Suboxone free. I have gotten myself down to 1/8 of a 2mg pill a day (.25mg) and even at that dose I was amazed to learn that the Suboxone "high" is just as pronounced as it was at 16mg. It's an incredibly powerful drug and many don't realize that taking 16mg of Suboxone a day is equivalent to taking 426mg of oxycodone (1mg of buprenorphine is equal to 27mg of oxycodone). I don't deter the use of Suboxone as I think it is a valuable tool for many. But I believe its use should be limited - preferably only for a week or two to eliminate physical withdrawals and get you back on your feet. Please don't be terrified by my mention of the Suboxone withdrawals. Yes, they are awful, you can successfully get through them. Weening down to crumbs (.1mg a day) makes the withdrawals a lot more bearable. From what I've read the first 6 weeks off of Suboxone are very difficult, but things improve rapidly after that.

Related Reading: oxycodone | buprenorphine

Comment from: BryZee, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 21

I have been addicted to about all narcotic pain relievers for about 9 years for a herniated disk in my back. I've been taking Suboxone to detoxify myself because my withdrawal symptoms about claimed my life. I went into shock from quitting the pain relievers cold turkey and I almost died if it weren't for my wife getting me to the hospital as quickly as she did. I was hooked up with a clinic in my area and I'll tell you, I've never been so happy to be off everything. I have been on everything from Lortabs to Fentanyl patches and suckers. I couldn't believe how well the Suboxone had worked and with a lot of hard work and sacrifice, I'm clean today and never felt so happy. My pain hasn't gone away or anything but I'm no longer a slave to the sickness. Thank you for letting me share my little story with you all.

Related Reading: shock

Comment from: kt1414, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 03

For anyone to say that using Suboxone to get off other opiates is just "trading" from an illegal drug to a legal drug is out of their mind and obviously knows nothing about it! I was a heroin addict for well over 10 years..in and out of jails, programs, and tried Methadone. It is nothing like Methadone either. You don't get high on it at all! As long as you take it properly and are in SOME type of program, be it 12 step or outpatient, ut works great!! It actually gives me energy, I'll be draggin a$$ in the morning, take my two then be up and ready for anything!! I'm prescribed 4 a day, but usually only take three. I'm still prescribed the four in case I NEED it. Which I usually don't. I've even gone a day with only taking the two! I'm in a 40 week outpatient program and this Suboxone has SAVED MY LIFE!! Everyone around me has noticed the change in me and I can't be happier. So, do your research before slamming this drug. I won't call it a "miracle drug" but I will say that it has changed MY life for the better. Yes, it IS expensive but there are many programs that help you pay for the cost of medications..google Help with meidaction cost and see what you can find. Or try applying for Medicaid, they DO cover it! Others in my program that are off the Suboxone have only complained of slight anxiety and trouble sleeping. That's a way better trade off than the horrible withdral from Methadone, heroin or any opiate!! If I helped anyone un any way, that's aewsome. If not..I know I'm helping myself and that's the most important thing!!

Related Reading: anxiety

Comment from: Papi the Kid, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: July 16

Hey all, This Med works magic.Before starting the Suboxone treatment i was taken 10-20 Percs a day,& 2-3 40mg Oxycontin's per day. Now i take 1/2 tablet in morning and the other 1/2 at night. Its still a Narcotic so you will have a feeling that reminds you of the Pain meds but dont get fooled this med can still be abused. I want everyone to know that Suboxone is a serious med and should be taken seriously and treated as a life saver, because it really is. Good luck to everyone out there. I know being addicted to opiads is tough and can happen out of the blue, but trust that there are Dr.s and meds out there that can help get you back on track to a positive way of life. The BEST part is once you notice how much money you have because your not out on the streets spending big bucks scoring pills you will say . DAMN i found my answer. :-)

Related Reading: suboxone | oxycontin

Comment from: DONTDOIT, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: October 20

Look at the people who have written reviews that rave about this drug. They've only been on it for a month or so. When I first started this medication I thought it was a gift from God. I wish someone had told me the following before I took one of them! Long term use will damage your body, Your skin will yellow, you will feel weak, and I was also very tired and dizzy. Not to mention the damage it does to your liver. It is soo hard to get off of and you will experience pain and fatigue for months. I know you cannot believe everything on the internet but trust me, do not start this medication and if you do, only take it short term. This medication will rule your life and youll feel like a slave for your doctor, just telling him what he wants to here so you can get a refill just to be able to wake up in the morning, Beware everyone, this drug is a temporary fix to an addiction, but it will open up a whole other one that will make you almost immune to pain meds (if ever needed for injury). Also if youre prescribed to these, you will never get pain meds, This happened to me when i crushed my finger. I had to suffer. The doctors would give me shit. Suboxone is a money making scam for the doctors who could give two shits about there patients long term life changing effects from this drugs. Fox news did a whole story about this drug proving how wacked out the doctors are prescribing suboxone. Most doctors only take cash which should raise a red flag anyways, Fox said an only cash doctor can make up to 500k a year just prescribing this. And now that the feds are increasing the number of patients a doctor can have. Its such bullshit. My doctor appointments consisted of about 5 words. Thank god I got off it without telling him, that s.o.b would have kept me on it forever. BEWARE! If you decide to do a long term treatment plan, save this review and look at it a year from now, you will agree with everything...guaranteed!

Related Reading: liver | fatigue

Comment from: Noname, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 06

I don’t understand how anyone can complain about becoming addicted to this medicine or the cost. We take this medication because we are addicts Suboxone is here to either ease the withdrawals until you can mentally prepare yourself for them or to stay on for life or until something better comes along-no free rides. As for the cost, are you kidding? How many people here complaining had to sell everything they owned and things they didn’t for their former drug of choice? How did you feed a $300/day Oxy habit? You managed $9K a month then now you moan about $500/month-please take some responsibility. You don’t need to wake up sick anymore or figure out how to beg, borrow, trick, or steal for money or face being dope sick. I HAVE BEEN ON Subs for five years and if I need to take them until I die I don’t care I will never again wake up at 3:00am covered in sweat having a panic attack while trying to remember which ER I hit up last for my “back pain.”

Comment from: JohnnyMaytag, 19-24 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 20

Suboxone is a wonder drug IN MY OPPINION, for anyone who has a pain pill addiction. Taking suboxone is like having your normal brain again with nothing clogging it. I've taken 80+ MGs of Oxycontin per day with 3 Xanax and 5-8 Lortabs as kickers each day. Suboxone helped me easily turn away from these drugs, BUT I WANTED TO.... People who do not want to stop snorting or stop shooting up, probably won't. But if you want to stop, then this may be the right option for you.... I now only take about 1/4 of a Suboxone per day, UNDER THE TOUNGE, and everything is going great. The entire process took only a week to bump down ... One pill, then halves, then quarters .... This stuff works ...... My time on Suboxone is only about one month ... My time on Oxycontin and other Drugs is 5+ Years ...

Related Reading: xanax

Comment from: on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 21

Beware this drug! Dr will says that the fact this drug causes physical withdrawal is a "misconception." I am currently on day 3 off suboxone, I tapered properly, all the way down to .25 mg/day. Take it from me, this drug is nearly as hard to get off as any other opiate, as far as withdrawals go. In fact, the withdrawals from suboxone last LONGER than those of oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. Granted, the withdrawals aren't as severe, but they're just as miserable nonetheless. From experience, my advice would be to just bite the bullet for 4 or 5 days with the withdrawals from oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc. rather than prolonging the addiction. You're gonna find that you're digging yourself into an even deeper hole of suboxone addiction, and months later, when you want to get off suboxone, you'll have to face weeks of suboxone withdrawal when you could've had only a couple days of withdrawal and got on with your life months, or even years, earlier! We like to think doctors have our best interests in mind, but let's face it, money makes the world go 'round. When doctors have patients on suboxone, it translates to PAYDAY! Suboxone treament isn't cheap, it costs hundreds, sometimes even thousands a month. Dont get me wrong, a lot of drs care about their patients, but a surprisingly large amount (especially suboxone drs) are in it for the lucrative money that suboxone patients bring them. Like I said, if I could go back in time now I would've just dealt with the 5 days of oxycontin withdrawal and lived the last 6 months of my life without the hassle of addiction and having pills run my life. Make no mistake, you WILL build your life around your suboxone dose just like you had to do with oxy, vicodin, heroin, etc. So now 6 months later I'm looking ahead to another 2 wks of w/d, when I could've been normal half a year ago.

Related Reading: suboxone | oxycodone | hydrocodone