Sudafed

Comment from: Deirdre35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 23

I took the recommended dose of the liquid form of sudafed. After the second dose my heart was pounding and I felt like I had indigestion ended up going to my g.p because I was sure I was having a heart attack. Wont bebe taking this again nor will I ever give it to my children. Very frightening experience.

Related Reading: sudafed | indigestion | heart attack

Comment from: Elise55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: April 12

I have been taking Sudafed for years. I have bad Sinutis, live near the ocean, have a deviated septum, but usually will not get it if I keep a warm hat on my head, and wash my hair at night, and do no go out, giving 8 hours sleeping for my head pores to close. AC systems on high in the summer, i.e. Grocery stores will give it to me. I carry a warm cap in the store in my purse. I take my had everywhere. Sudafed is the only thing that works. I wait to take it in the morning at 8 AM. I take 3 at once. I hate the feeling but if I take less it does not work. By 8 PM I am feeling normal again and able to sleep by 10:30 PM. My blood pressure goes up during the day. I take BP med anyways so I take the normal dose, and it needed another 1/2 dose. I am 63. For me going from hot where head pores are open to a cold breeze, or high A/C will really start it. Also, sometimes the barometric pressure when the ocean side town gets heavy fog layer--- June gloom they use to call it by now it comes in July and August due to climate change. My hat is my saver from sinus attack most of the time. I don't like Sudafed although it is the only thing that works once I get it, so my hat is a small inconvenience to remember to always have with me. I get severe migraines too once it starts, and gets worse. In that case, I take Imitrex but don't take it the same day as the Sudafed.

Related Reading: sudafed | deviated septum | imitrex

Comment from: nomoresudafed45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 09

In the past Sudafed use to work well but something has changed since now it does nothing for me. In the past it worked well but now for some reason it is worthless. I use to have to ask for it at the pharmacy and it is now easier since I no longer have to do this. If only it worked like it did in the past.

Related Reading: sudafed

Comment from: Husky121319-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 06

From my experience, Walmart generic nasal decongestant works better. The last time I had a cold, I took twelve hour Walmart brand pills and you never would've known I was sick. I ran out after that cold, and now I have another cold and I've been on Sudafed for five days, and I've been extremely miserable and constantly blowing my nose.

Related Reading: sudafed