Sular

Comment from: kingofgerd, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

I started this medication six days ago. I did not have any problems for three days but on the fourth day I started feeling a little shaky and out of breath. On the fifth day these symptoms got worse. My heart rate was racing up to 120 bpm and then would subside for a few minutes then begin racing again. My blood pressure became a little unstable, fluctuating between 117/70 to 145/85 within the period of an hour. I couldn't sleep last night because these syptoms were so intense. My skin felt hot around my ears and neck. I don't like this one for sure and will not take any more of it.

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: October 03

This medicine has helped to keep my blood presssure under contro;lfor several years

Comment from: Poppy, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 08

Blood pressure fluctuation and pulse rate increased then dropped. Dizziness, chills, and then burning up. I have taken it 2 months.

Related Reading: dizziness

Published: December 27

initial headaches and fatigue in first few days.went away after one week. Has controlled my blood presure well and I sleep better and feel more calm.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Val Carman, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 12

I have now been taking Sular for over a year. It has given me severe gout (swelling of ankles, feet, and hands), I would not recommend this medication. My Dr. has recently taken me off this medication.

Related Reading: sular | gout

Comment from: Frenchlady, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 09

To all who are taking this drug. If you have been prescribed in the last six or eight months, you are taking the new Sular in new mg. The old Sular was in 10mg, 20mg, 30mg. and 40mg. It is the new Sular that is causing so much trouble with side effects. This new drug is dangerous and should be removed from the market. I took the old Sular 40mg daily for eight years without any side effects. When it was no longer available I was prescribed the new sular 34mg, this is what almost killed me. This new drug should be taken off the market, it is very dangerous. This drug company risk patient's lives just for financial gain for themselves.

Comment from: jana, 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 18

i have been hospitalized. thinking it was gerd.i have been on med. aprx.2 weeks. i just found out reading this website why i am still having these symptoms. i have chest pain tightness nausea feel like throwing up . heart pounding.. wondering what is wrong with me.. i am going to the dr. in the morning before i take this drug again. i would not recommend this to anyone. the last two weeks i have been sick. why didnt the dr. at the hospital figure is out? thanks to web md i think i have figured it out.

Related Reading: chest pain

Comment from: jojo, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 30

very dry mouth. hotflashes last longer and more severe.

Related Reading: dry mouth

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 27

Took for only 3 days. Stopped due to headache that lasted ALL day each day, flushing of the face and pounding heart.

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: grandma, 75 or over on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 28

I can't imagine what this nedication contains that it should have a retail value of over $800 for 90 pills. Drug companys are in the same league as BP and the oil companys. Who can afford to pay for this medication? Maybe the pharmaceutical companys should stop the stupid, expensive tv ads telling us to ask our doctor about this or that pill. Shame on you guys.

Comment from: patient2, 35-44 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 11

Experience very severe side effect of skin hives and rashes after switching from 10mg to the new 8.5mg. Need antihistermine to calm itchness every other day. Also suffer from sleeping issues, feel tired even after 9-10 hours of deep sleep. Dizziness and fast heart rate are also part of the side effects.

Related Reading: hives | dizziness

Comment from: sular, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 21

flush face & hands redding of skin on both face and hands from taking sular.

Related Reading: sular

Comment from: Healthier51, 45-54 (Patient) Published: February 19

Has anyone had any problems with stomach bloating while taking this medicine? I have changed to a healhtier diet. Reducing my salt and fat intake, plus exercising more. But my abdomen has gotten bigger in the past few months even after losing weight. It has kept my blood pressure under control, but I've experienced hair loss, ankle swelling, dizziness, vision problems, rashes, headaches, & joint pains. I didn't realize the medicine was causing these problems until after I read the reviews on this website. I've been taking it for about two years now. I've started to cut back on my meds. I'm going to eventually wean myself of Sular. Who knows what these meds are DOING TO US INTERNALLY!

Related Reading: hair loss | dizziness | sular

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 23

After being on Sular 10mg for about a year or so my top number started getting higher and was not coming down..the Dr put me on Sular 17.5mg for 1 month and the top number still didnt budge. He then increased the dosage to 25.5mg and immediatley I started having very bad side effects (until this dosage I had not had any problems with Sular). I let the sideeffects go for awhile thinking they would taper of after getting into my system. I had the headaches, nausea, diareha, extreme heart palpitations, chills, extreme flushing of the skin (arms and legs mostly), major swelling of my hands, arms, legs, and feet, feelings of anxiety, extreme tiredness after 8-10 hrs of sleep, unable to concentrate and scariest of all slurred speech and blury vision. These side effects scared me, and as I told my dr it was like I was having a stoke. I was only on the med for 4 weeks - he immediately took me off and i will start a new medicine today. If anyone is reading this and you are having these symptoms - TELL YOUR DOCTOR - it is not your imagination - its the medicine. I will now list SULAR as a medicine I can not take. I couldnt stand the thought of taking it one more day!

Related Reading: palpitations | anxiety

Comment from: gabe, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 05

more testing need to be done,the jury is still out.

Comment from: yuck, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: July 19

Costs way too much.

Comment from: Healthier51, 45-54 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: March 28

Has anyone heard of the supplement Ameal Bp? It is used to maintain blood pressure that is already within the normal range. But I read a review on Amazon.com where it was recommended by a physician to a patient with high blood pressure, and it succeeded in lowering his blood pressure. So, if anyone has tried it and had success, please let me know.

Related Reading: high blood pressure

Comment from: sanmarco6, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: October 14

I was on the old dosage of sular 20mg along with another medication and my blood pressure was perfect for 10 +years. When the dosage changed to 17.5mg I took this one around March 2009 and my pressure was high 161/101. I also started to notice hair loss. My doctor changed me to the higher dosage 25mg and my pressure is now 138/92 and the hair loss is severe in the top of my head. This new dosage does not work for me the side effects are severe. I wish they had not changed the dosage.

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: Frenchlady, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: April 14

I was on this drug for one week. It nearly killed me. If I would have stayed on it, I would have died. Increased my heart rate to 140 and skipping beats. I was scared. Do not take this drug.

Comment from: 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 26

i was tried on a couple other meds for bp that caused really bad headaches. this has been a real breakthrough for me.

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 03

Bad drug. Had nightmares racing heartbeat. This drug should be banded. Did not lower my Bp!

Related Reading: nightmares

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 08

Remembering to space my doses to fit the eating times--I usually find that I have forgotten to take the pill 2 hours after eating and have to wait until after the next meal has been a big problem for me.

Comment from: SLA, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 01

I've been taking this medication for 4 months. About 3 weeks ago my heart rate became irregular. I have had consults with 3 doctors and with little or no result. The doctors have not been able to figure out why. I am going to consult my doctor tomorrow. Thanks to all the people who have commented I may have an answer to my problem.

Comment from: zazad51, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 26

My husband has tried many HBP and SUlar is very effective but our insurance does not pay for this medication. We pay $100 every month for 30 pills. Please help us find this medication cheaper

Related Reading: sular

Comment from: patient, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 06

it lowers blood pressure,but to much on lower number, down into the 50:s and it makes my heart go to fast into the 80 and up to 90's, makes it hard to sleep