Symlin

Comment from: kljonestx55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 26

At the beginning of taking Vit D3 for low levels after bloodwork, I felt better. I started on 2,000 iu daily. Went back for more blood work one month later and the level was still low. Doc told me to increase to 5,000 iu daily. The bloodwork and prescribing took place a year ago (3/2016). I have been on it since then. Lately, I feel dreadful. Fatigue, brain fog, general malaise, aching all over, lack of appetite, sleep issues. Lately, I get moderately nauseated once a day. I have researched, and I am concerned I have too much Vit D in my system. Also, perhaps it has caused other Vit/Mins to decrease. I will not take it tonight and call my Doc tomorrow. Just wondered if anyone has felt these things with too much Vit D. After researching I think 5,000iu a day for a year was way too much.

Related Reading: fatigue

Comment from: Ava35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 15

I went to the doctor for my normal check up I told her that felt like my bones hurt all the time and that I was have muscle spams. She ran my blood work. Everything came back normal except for vitamin D levels. My number was 7 she told me that was way to low. I now take VIT D2 50000 once a week for 8 weeks. I have to say I feel better like my old self. I will continue with the treatment. I was fearful of side effects but I have not had any thank God.

Comment from: Me65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 08

I have hyper thyroid ,my doctor suggest she had found that her patients with this condition were low in Vit D. I live in CA and spend lots of time outdoors so was surprised that I had a reading of 19. When 30 is the low marker(100 is high). I started to take 4000 ( not super consistently) and after 2 years at 40. Feel so much better and have not any side effects or illnesses like colds or flu. Get the blood test it is worth it

Related Reading: flu

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 10

I just found out that my Vitamin D is 16 nmol or 6.4 ng which obviously very low! My Dr. wanted me to start on 2,000 iu's of Vit. D3! I was feeling a little nauseated but didn't associate it with anything! I researched on The Vitamin D Society that they recommend 5,000 to 7,000 iu's daily for low Vit. D! I decided to try 5,000 iu's but in the evening I had pretty bad vomiting! The vomiting stopped when I stopped the Vit. D3! I'm trying to get some sun but that's almost impossible the past 6 months in Southern Ontario, Canada! Anyone else have same problem! Will be seeing Dr. in 2 weeks! Are Vit. D injections a good idea!? Have to do something, can't live like this any longer! Help!!

Comment from: Tonia45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 01

I too was very concerned when I saw the dosage of vitamin D 50,000. My level was at a 16. I am 2 months into my weekly pill and feel great. My energy level goes up every time I take it and I haven't felt joint and lower back pain the whole time. After reading what D deficiency could cause it's definitely worth doing. I didn't have any side effects whatsoever but I did take it with food. I also took a multivitamin a couple hours later after reading about your calcium and magnesium levels I need to be in range with D. My thyroid is out of whack which after reading they can go hand-in-hand so I'm hoping my blood work will show that's improved as well. Everybody's body reacts differently but I recommend taking it as soon as you can it's done wonders for me.

Related Reading: vitamin d | lower back pain

Comment from: Alex19-24on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 02

I started with 2,000IU a day and wasn't making a difference so I went up to 5,000IU and it started to help.

Comment from: Mark25-34on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 21

I've had a wound in my butt for more than 4 years that didn't heal. I've tried everything that my doctor prescribed - more than 3 different cremes and I even went to a skindoctor specialist where I got some Bucky-rays and other creme. Nothing helped me. I was bleeding everytime I went to the toilet and my skin was itching.I read an article about d vitamin and castor oil (a natural oil) on castorolie.dk. They also wrote about manuka honey among others for conditions like acne and cold sore. I tried this oil twice a day and vitamin d (3000IU) for 3 weeks and it healed my wound. It really did help. I still have some itching once in a while though but my skin is looking good and healthy without any dry skin, scars or open wounds. I recommend for wound healing.

Related Reading: castor oil | acne | vitamin d

Comment from: Dave45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 04

Vitamin D level was at 7.6 which is way too low. Prescribed 50000 units weekly plus 4000 supplement the other 6 days. After 3 months, level is still low at 16.9. I am continuing the 50000 for another 3 months with 6000 daily on the other 6 days. Hopefully it will improve then. I have had to increase my insulin dosage slightly since beginning treatment. Not happy about that.

Related Reading: vitamin d

Comment from: raf75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 30

Feel better. Take with vitamin K2.

Comment from: Anna65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: November 05

Vitamin D in Nature's Way or Now Foods - they have no coloring. Best to take 5,000 - 10,000 daily as smaller doses are ineffective.

Comment from: 45-54 Published: September 01

I need to have a vitamin D supplement without any kind of coloring in it can you help me with finding one?

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 05

Take 2000 units daily

Comment from: yramesor65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 03

topped up by being in the sun when I could.

Digestive Disorders: Common Misconceptions See Slideshow