Tarka

Published: October 28

I'm on the highest dose once per day. It has not lowered my BP even 1 point.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 30

Severe constipation

Comment from: yphsby65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 20

control of high blood pressure is not steady, sometimes great other times not very good at all.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 06

I have used Tarka for more than 3 yrs and my blood pressure has been stabilized with no spikes upward for the past three years

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 23

Really has lowered my bp...only thing I noticed is my hair has started to thin out since i started...I take 2/240mg, anyone else experience this?

Comment from: mssoto11125-34on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 08

I have been Tarka2 for almost 5 years now.It keeps my blood pressure under control.The only side effects I had was headaches, which went away after the first 3 months.

Comment from: Robin35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 19

Tarka worked well to reduce my blood pressure for the couple of months I was on it. I had to stop taking it though b/c it caused me to have frequent upper respiratory illnesses and I developed a severe persistent cough. I coughed all day and all night, nothing relieved it until I stopped taking the Tarka. It is listed a possible side effect. I dont know why this side effect affected me so severely.

Comment from: aguilafl55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 21

Over 20 yrs. ago my b/p was 200/140. I had chest pains and terrible headaches. Tarka eliminated the pains and headaches. B/p was reduced by about 15%. I take Tarka 4/240 twice a day. Trandolapril is the only ACE drug that doesn't cause a bad cough. I also take Toprol XL and Aldactone to reduce my b/p to normal range.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 18

Comment from: cturning6ubc6b65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 07

I am allergic to many meds so I stay with what works and has no side effects for me

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 08

I HAVE USED THIS DRUG FOR 8 YEARS, AND IT HAS KEPT MY BLOOD PRESSURE AT AN AVERAGE OF 115/70, BEFORE I STARTED TAKING IT MY # WAS 140/90. MY DR. SAID I PROBABLY INCREASED MY LIFE BY 10 YEARS BECAUSE I STARTED CONTROLLING MY BLOOD PRESSURE WHEN I WAS 38 YR.OLD.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 12

I have been on this for 1 year now and it has worked perfectly. BP down to 120/77 from 160/100.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 13

I had been taking Tarka for about 3 years and found it kept my blood pressure under control. About 8 months ago, I joined Weight Watchers, used their Core Plan, and have lost a total of 31 pounds. As a result, my blood pressure has dropped a considerable amount, due to the weight loss. My doctor and I are extremely satisfied with this medication.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 05

Published: October 14

The only concern is the weight gain and difficulty losing weight.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: March 14

The medication is working but I experience conspitation and hair falling out.

Comment from: vic45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 08

Just does not seem to work that well for me I still have to take 2 other bp pills benicar and bystolic to control bp.

Comment from: Charley55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 10

Makes me a little tired. Causes E.D.

Comment from: jmahle0765-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 16

I have taken this medication for several years and until the dosage was increased there was only minor drop in blood pressure. I am still not convinced that this medication is all that good for the cost.

Comment from: lyndafher55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 15

My only question is when will generic come out and what if any draw backs will there be to switch to generics?

Comment from: Elliot45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 03

In as much as my bp has gone down drastically, I pay the price by having chronic coughs and feeling light headed. Went off of the drug for 2 weeks,the results were..increased energy, no coughing, no headaches or feelings of being light headed...BUT, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE came back. Afraid to take anything else, living with the side effects while at the same time attempting to lose about 15-20 lbs. in order to completely come off of bp meds. all together

Comment from: hypertensive45-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 07

started on Tarka 10 years ago I am at the highest dose it does help with BP except every 3-4 years need increase in dose no place to go now with this drug it is expensive but my insurance will pay at lower rate helps some. Be nice if was cheaper.

Comment from: tarka65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: November 30

No problem, it has worked for me. But it is too expensive. Like to get one cheaper that works the same.

Comment from: lois65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: October 06

I have taken this for almost 19 years, only recently the original does 2-240 stopped controlling my bp. Switched to 2others, will go back to tarka at a higher dose dispite the cost.

Comment from: mflynn668055-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 23

Overall, I have very happy with Tarka. I started with the lower dose and am now on the higher dose of 4/240. But now I have to take another bp med (Diovan-80mg) in the evening to keep my bp low until the morning dose of Tarka. I am still not sure if both will work together ok.

Comment from: Kim35-44on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 11

I have taken this medication for several years and my bp is great. I take this along with Toprol XL.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: April 20

Dry cough cannot get rid of it

Comment from: Mrs C45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 01

I have been on it for 3 years. It works wonderful for my BP but does cause some coughing. Not bad enough to require changing it since it controlls BP so well.

Comment from: mawmaw45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: September 27

its the only medication that lower my blood pressure i have tryed several others that did not work

Comment from: g.o.75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: March 12

tarka has worked but need a generic pill that does the same, G.O.

Comment from: tuff2fix55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 20

Expensive as well as ineffective. Switched to generic trandolopril and verapamil. Much cheaper but still not helping lower bp.

Comment from: primo65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: September 07

raised pulse

Comment from: Charley55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: August 04

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 23

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: bp35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 23

This drug has worked well for me. however it is very expensive. has not became genric as of today.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 16

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 02

Comment from: moosejoe75 or overon Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 23

been taking for 2 yrs, keeps blood presure normal

Comment from: precious35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: October 01

This medication has really help me.