Tekturna

Comment from: duerm, 35-44 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 24

started on 50 mg toprol xl then went to 100 mg bp was down to 140/90 ^ started 150 mg tekturna for 2 weeks and bp was down to 125-130/80-85 range. really have not noticed any side affects

Related Reading: toprol xl | tekturna

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 13

Im on three other kind of bp meds besides tekturna, this med has not brought my bp down at all. The only thing I get is pain on the side of my back and feeling weak.My bp is so high, it's time to go back to the doctor again.It's a scary thing having high bp nothing seems to work. Is there anyone else out there that experineces the same thing?

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: December 30

Difficult to control HBP runs in family. Started Tekturna 300 mg when side effects from both CCB and ACE were not tolerable. Drug worked okay (BP 130/85) for first year then lost effectiveness. Along with decreased effectiveness came worsening side effects most notably pre-ventricle contractions (about every third heartbeat) and fatigue. BP readings as high as 151/121 recorded on Tekturna. Three weeks after switching medications, my BP is 110/80, fatigue is gone and heart rhythm greatly improved. This was not the drug for me.

Related Reading: tekturna | fatigue

Comment from: nursede, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 03

No side effects for me, BP is well mamaged now after failing 2 other medications previously. My biggest concern for this medication is the cost of one month supply of 300 mg. tablet's. I learned it would cost me $107.00 a month. I am on samples now, but my doctor will have to Rx something more cost effictive for me. I find the med to be more than a scam on the price, shame on you Novartis. This is only medication, not a medical procedure. There are more meds out there than your's that I can afford. Maybe you could cut down on your advertisement and stop taking all those costly meals and gifts to medical professionals to "sell" your products!! Yes I am a nurse and I know much about you Pharmaceutical companies, been there, done that!! Yes, SHAME on you!!

Comment from: 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 13

I have experienced hair loss, intense muscle fatigue, and brain fog. At times the nerve endings in my body feel very tender, almost like a burning sensation. This drug does stay in my system longer than 24 hours, so I am trying to reduce my dosing to every other day. I began at 150 mgs. and am now taking 300 mgs every other day. I have tried every other family of blood pressure medicines, so I guess I could say this is the drug of last resort for me.

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: AZRETBOSS, 75 or over Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 10

I'm on my 15th day of 150mg and so far average blood pressure in the 150's and sometimes spikes to the 180's. Not taking a diurectic so my ankles swell up. Notice that mmany other patients here are not having much luck with this drug either. Seems I have to try another drug. Not all drugs work in the same way for everyone.

Comment from: Hate Tekturna, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 25

I am excessively tired and have muscle aches accompanied with frequent defication (infrequent but irritating sepage of liquid waste through layers of clothing). I feels as if I have an endless head cold: cough, runny nosy, frequent sneezing and an itchy throat. This is my third attempt with this medication

Related Reading: cough

Comment from: 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 11

Have taken this drug for about two months at the 300mg.rate. Feel fatigued and lethargic most of the time to the point of it affecting the quality of life. Causes wide swings in my B.P. When it is low I am extremely fatigued and listless.

Comment from: 19-24 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 17

i am on 300mg of tekturna. my bp before i started this drug was 185/120 on averge. now i average 135/80. however, on the days that i work out it is 120/73. i only do about 10 minutes of cardio 4 days a week...its amazing how much it helps.

Comment from: Gemini 1953, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: June 09

I have been on Tekturn for one year now. Began with 150 and now up to 300mg. Noticed water retention in feet and legs immediately, but hoped it would get better. The last few months I have experienced "arthritis-like pain in my joints, especially my fingers, knuckles and knees -- very painfully (almost debilitating). Have experienced some hair loss and thinning also. Am contacting my doctor this week to attempt to come off this med and find something else. It has brought my BP down, but I now cannot deal with all these side effects! Took Cozaar for years with no side effects, but it got to the point it was not controlling my BP as well as my doctor hoped.

Related Reading: arthritis | hair loss | cozaar

Comment from: sherloc , 55-64 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: January 07

I have been on this medication for a few months, My docotor included Amlodipine 5mg, now I am up to 10 with 300 mg Tekturna..My legs are swelling now with itching and extreme exhaustion. This is the fourth drug combo I have been on. Other drugs worked for a while, then.. side effects..I am changing my lifestyle; exercise,I have eliminated most meats, eating more fruits and veggies.. It has to be a better way to control this.. Why is there such an increase in this medical problem? Everyone cannot have high blood pressure without reason?, even if it is hereditary. what is happening?.

Related Reading: amlodipine | tekturna | high blood pressure

Comment from: bigplanz2, 25-34 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 25

So far this drug has decreased my blood pressure,one of my side affects is coughing

Comment from: MrG, 35-44 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

Blood pressure was 160/100, when changed it lower to 150/90.I am taking 150mg and I expected a better blood pressure. side effect I get more tired than usual

Comment from: Denise, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 28

This is the 6th medication I have been on and the first one that has worked. Has anyone experienced increased libido? My husband swears that my sex drive has increased since I started taking Tekturna. He is not complaining and neither am I, but I wondered whether anyone else has experienced this? My Dr. said that he doesn't have enough people on it to make a study.

Comment from: 45-54 (Patient) Published: January 08

reading the other reviews I thought it was just me with the problems concerning my vision and feeling tired all the time. I have been on this medicine for 1 month and I am wondering if it is also causing me the lost of focus and attention. they really need to have an alternative or better generic drug. pricing to high

Comment from: Lambert, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: June 16

I am taking Tekturna 150mg HCT 12.5mg for about 4 weeks now. My blood pressure remained at 130 to 140 range. My hair is thinning noticeably and my fasting glucose is higher now at 128-134 range. Previously, my fasting glucose was from 98-108.I exercise daily and watch my diet, with emphasis on vegetables and fruits. Are these side effects due to Tektuna?

Comment from: ronnie123, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: January 21

i have been on tekturna for almost 1 year and my blood pressure is 115/68 it was 155/100 before i took this drug. my doctor was very smart.

Related Reading: tekturna

Comment from: rogern989, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 18

I took Tekturna 150 with Lotrel for one month, then switched to Tekturna 300 with Lotrel. My BPs are now 120 over 60 but I have had occasional back pain and have developed a chronic eye irritation. The drug worked excellent for me but I do not like the side effects.

Related Reading: lotrel

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: carol, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 07

I have been taking Tekturna for two weeks and my BP has been coming down. However I have been aching all over, had indigestion and have been more tired than uaual. Not sure if I want to continue.

Related Reading: tekturna | indigestion

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 01

tekturna works for me,my bp is 114/62 before it was 190/97. no side effects.

Related Reading: tekturna

Comment from: Diizzy Tek, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 15

Severe acid reflux, stomach cramps & painful gas, salty taste in mouth, Confusion & dizziness when moving. Disabling muscle cramps in both upper arms. Can not lift anything weighting more than a piece of paper. Cramps last till next morning time to take another. But no more for me. So glad my doctor recognized these symptons. I want to feel better soon.

Related Reading: dizziness | muscle cramps

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 27

I will not take this drug again! Just after five days I experienced extreme fatigue, severe lower back pain, especially around my kidneys, and pain in the heels of my feet. Could not sleep more that two hours at a time. I took myself off of this drug this morning, and by late afternoon symptoms started to subside. Will discuss with my dr.

Related Reading: fatigue | lower back pain

Comment from: Bob C, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 08

Have taken many prescriptions for BP with poor results but finally hit on a combo that seems to work. Have taken Tekturna 150 along with Bystolic 10 and HCl 25 for about 4 mos. this is the first combination that has successfully reduced my BP to below 140/ 90, so I feel I am stuck with it. However, was on Bystolic alone at first, so, other than fatigue, all symptoms seem to be from Tekturna, ie: dry caugh, occasional acid reflux, continuous runny nose. Noticing some hair loss. Has anyone experienced sore teeth and sores inside the mouth from biting the inside of your cheek while sleeping?

Related Reading: hair loss

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 04

SINCE TAKING THIS DRUG I HAVE CONTRACTED PERRIFIAL NAROPOTY (SP) AND SOME RESEARCH TELLS ME THIS IS A POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECT FROM TEKTURNA. YOUR THOUGHTS AND THANKS.

Related Reading: tekturna

Comment from: 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: February 14

Im on toprol xl 200mg, lotel, 5-40mg, hydrochlorot. a water pill, 25mg, plus tekturna 150mg. before taking tekturna, my bp was riding about 170/100. Dangerous numbers.I started taking tekturna to the list of meds, it took two months before I notice a change in bp. its now 119/68. But I get a sore feeling on the left side by my kidney. My liver test has been coming up high readings. Im scared what its doing to my liver, my kidney test has been find. No other meds have brought my bp down like tekturna has, I guess this is the last resort for me, need to speak more to my doctor about the liver issue.

Related Reading: toprol xl | liver