Tekturna HCT

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 07

Tough start for about two weeks; did not sleep soundly and some skin eruptions. However, after two weeks everything settled down. BP down from 196 to 142. Been on it three months. Be patient; it takes a while.

Comment from: GtnOldr55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 06

Blood pressure lowered from 190/98 to 117/73 within three days of starting this drug. Was totally amazed and quite pleased! Then, weight gain of 5-pounds within seven days of starting this medication. (Please note, I actively watch and keep my caloric intake to less than 1000 calories per day and have an exercise regimen that has maintained my ideal weight for the past year.) Legs, arms and face showed signs of swelling on day five. Lips began swelling on day ten. Lightheadness and a feeling of disassociation with sporadic blurred vision occured almost daily. Generally a poor physical feeling (heaviness and bloating) that I am not accustomed to. Have stopped this drug in the last three days and the feeling of bloating and heaviness are diminishing. A sense of well-being has returned and my scale is showing a reduction in ounces daily. Was truly amazed and pleased with how quickly my BP lowered...so very sad to have experienced these side effects. Just not the drug for me. Am checking my BP daily until I can see my doc again...so far, so good: 148/81 is the highest it has been in the last three days and that's continuing with the other two meds I have been on for years (clonidine & verapamil).

Comment from: Judy55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 31

This med dis work on my blood pressure,but I have had terrible side effects. First I could not raise my arms to even turn a page in a magazine-weakness,even to bend down was horrible. Then my knees and feet began to hurt. Then gout in foot,that has lasted over 2 months, severe pain in feet and knees still. I see my doctor soon and am going to stop this--Lab work is abnormal also. Bad medicine!!!

Comment from: SB3635-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: July 25

My doctor switched me from Lisinopril to Tekturna.What a disaster!BP went up instead of down.In just a few days it shot up to 180/120.Also messed up my heartrate.This junk is dangerous & should be taken off the market.If anyone should try Tekturna, be very careful, check your BP EVERDAY!After 8 days of this crap I went back on Lisinopril & BP is normal again.

Comment from: MrNaturopathy45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 04

Does the Job. Excellent drug, not one side effect. On it for more than a year no problems.

Comment from: Susan55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 25

I had uncontrollable high blood pressure, and had tried many combinations of BP meds to try to control. When Tekturna came on the market, my internist suggested I try it. Blood pressure immediately dropped and has been under control since. Prior to Tekturna, I took so much blood pressure medication, in combination, that I had no energy. Tekturna gave me back my life.

Comment from: golfer218465-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 30

The higher dosage, 300mg/25mg absolutely saps my energy. After a couple of weeks on this drug, I can barely get around, no sex drive and no energy.

Comment from: booskitten45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 05

med worked great, however ended up have severe pain in side, after $$$$$ worth of tests found out it was affecting my liver. stopped drug, liver now normal

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 14

Seems to have lowered BP, but losing a few pounds would probably also work. Main difficulty is that for about 8 hours after I take this drug, if I crouch down and then stand up, I am so dizzy, I can barely keep my balance. this lasts 30-60 seconds and then goes away. It is annoying, but manageable. That is the only time I experience a difficulty. Getting up from a lying down or sitting down position does not produce the same effect....only getting up from a crouch.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 09

VERY FATIGUE, MUSCULE PAIN, IN THE LEG ALL THE TIME

Published: March 07

I had a severe reaction! I started itching all over...thought it was nerves. Then I started turning yellow. I had to be hospitalized twice. This stuff is very, very dangerous! My liver stopped functioning. It took a while off of this drug for my liver to go back to normal. Please do not try this drug!! I wish only to save anyone from going through what I went through. I missed more than a month of work and don't know if there is any long term damage to my liver or other organs. Please tell your doctor that you don't want this drug....there are plenty of other medications that control blood pressure...you don't need to take this one.

Comment from: sunny480355-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 06

was om 300 12.5 after three days fainted and had to have a iv to get bp back up be careful on this one

Comment from: 26Y4IN65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 10

RASH ITCHING SWELLING OF FACE .SKIN LIKE A SUN BURN

Comment from: dyoung45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 21

I have been on this medication for at least a month .I have experienced moments of sweating so bad i have to change my underwear. some lightheaded feeling a little faint.that last about 10 min. other than that OK. bp always seem to elevate whenever i go to the Dr.also have a sweet taste that comes and go in my mouth.don't know whats that's about.

Comment from: barbiej65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: November 14

I am glad it helped you. How long have you been taking tekturna? It was working for me for about two years before I started getting real sick and found out it was tekturna hct causing me all these health problems like crohns disease, low sugar, gallbladder removal, fibroidbialgia,I spelted this wrong but also other severe problems. Don't take it too long or you will be sorry.

Comment from: grandmabee75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 03

I'm an 85yo woman, and after 8 different drugs in 9 months, tekturna 300+hct12.5mg has reduced my blood pressure from 180/98 down to 117/67 in 3 months. My side effects include low sex drive and an unproductive cough.

Comment from: hoog65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 27

experience weigthgain

Comment from: MissKaye55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 21

I have been on the drug for at least a year and a half. I have been overall quite pleased, but I had to reduce my HCT to 150 mg. I was literally incontinent,no control AT ALL. I am also a bit sluggish but I read that some other people have the same symptoms. It was kmy LAST resort because everythng else mad me cough uncontrollably. so far, so good.

Comment from: KEN ROBERTS75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: May 03

I had lots of erratic bp. Would spike to 190/90 on some days. Tried Tekturna for 10 days with some benefit. Added Benicar & bp reduced to 135/70 & has stayed down for 9 months. I do have a marked loss of energy, however & wonder if the drugs are the cause? Dosage is 150mg Tekturna & 20 mg Benicar .

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 26

Since I have been on this medication which has been about a week and a half it has reduce my readings drastically. I have not seen my pressure numbers this low since before I was told that I have Hypertension. I am very much satisfied with the medication and would recommend it.

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 26

I was taking norvasc which was very problomatic. I was switched to Tekturna HCT and have no side effects and a very acceptable blood pressure.

Comment from: Susan55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 12

I have been having very dibilitating muscle cramps in legs at night with this medicine. Been on it about a year now blood pressure is still a little high, I take 300 mg and norvasc 10mg but the leg cramps are getting sevier, also had sevier pain in my left side has anyone else expierenced this? can't take it anymore, I am going to try and get my Dr to change medicine.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: February 10

I have been on Tekturna for almost one year. No major side effects, and my blood pressure is back to normal ranges.

Comment from: Marysh75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 05

A REAL diuretic!!! Especially the first 24 hrs. BP dropped dramatically and edema from feet and ankles lessened noticably.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 28

Been on drug 300-25mg over one year. Worked wonders on my BP. But I was found to have numerous kidney stones in both kidneys. Had to have two surgical sonic blastings to break up the bigger stones. Just be sure to see a Renal doc to check your kidney functions while using this med.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 21

I believe my bladder became over action from this medication. I thought it had to do with another drug i'm taking but i have beeen off of it for 3-4 days and the feeling of the bladder went away not completely but close to it because of the way i felt for the past 6 months

QUESTION

Salt and sodium are the same. See Answer
Comment from: Maddy55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 06

Female 59 Been taking this drug for 3 weeks, my bp has gone way UP!. I was really hoping for this drug to work.:(

Comment from: JJ65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 10

The diarrhea is not good for a working person; it is unmanageable when it starts.

Comment from: young-d45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 05

Have only been on medication 3 weeks blood pressure has come down some. hoping a little more time will bring it down more.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 20

I took this drug in hopes of lowering my bp. After two weeks I suffered bouts of dizziness so severe I coud not stand up. I discontinued use.

Comment from: dbswaringen65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: September 28

cannot have organism

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 10

Comment from: wasy87455-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 23

Comment from: 1amhere65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: January 26

It helps somewhat

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 15

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 08

Comment from: thegr8milsy55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 25

I am no longer on thisdrugit made my potassium level rise dramatically.

Comment from: sam 123455-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 05

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 29

Comment from: MLR45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 11

Have used this medication for 2 months, very pleased! Immediately lowered my bp, awesome diuretic, no other side effects.

Comment from: Barbara65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 07

My BP seems to be higher Than usual