Thioridazine

Comment from: charmed1495, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 09

It causes sleepiness first few days but has really only worked well when percscribed w/ Xanax for anxiety. Finding this out after 3 months on the Thioridizine alone

Related Reading: xanax | anxiety

Comment from: cjanuary1975, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: May 27

I've been taking this for almost 2 years. but i feel like it is a hassel to take 3 times a day and i still have reallt bad days. going to doctor in a week to ask for some help.

Comment from: pops349, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: February 19

I have had 7 kidney/ urinary tract surgeries. I was on morphine & Demerol injections every 2 hrs. (alternating meds ) they put me on Methadone & thioridazine & Amittriptyline. Because of long term doseage (20yrs.) They rotated me off both Thio. & Amil. to nite use only. Then stopped suddenly from a 100mg. dose. I had grand maul seizures, severe leg/arm /back cramps & constant pain. Increased doses of Methadone gave me no relief. a combination of Atarax, Methadone & Klonopin stopped seizures, & most cramps. An increase of KLonopin releived these. However, klonopin caused hallucinations, & sleeplessness. My doctor slowly reduced Klonopin & Hallucinations stopped. this is over a 6 month period. I had no problems w/ ellavil & Mellaril until ssri's were substituted. then I Had problems. I now deal w/ Tardive Dyskinesia, Had my doctors read each others charts, and not substituted ssri's I would probably never had the difficulties I now face. Hopefully the Atarax & Klonopin can slowly be reduced, and the Tardive will diminish. Trust Only One doctor. Make certain all charts are read & doctors communicate w/ each other & you. You are always your best advocate. Get a doctor you can trust. Don't believe what they say w/o consulting the doctor you trust. I'm VERY lucky to be alive. The E.R. doctor "guessed" that Atarax & Klonopin would "stabilize" my seizures. a lucky guess , for me, before a stroke killed me. ALWAYS know your drugs, what they do, & why you take them . Trust only one doctor who knows your case fully. Now I have only one doctor, who "consults" w/ specialists. Hope you can find someone to trust. Many insurance companies don't allow for that. Talk to your agent, his boss, & go up the chain , if you can. If not...good luck !!!

Related Reading: demerol | thioridazine | atarax