Tikosyn

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 16

I was treated for almost a year with Cardio Version and then a breakthrough with tikosyn

Comment from: sallen14145-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: January 28

I was in and out of atrial flutter for a couple of years. It took a good 6 months for the drug to work. I have cardiomyopathy with a ICD inplant. My last ICD check showed no irregular heartbeats for the past 4 months.

Comment from: Mom3265-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: December 29

I had been on various antiarrythmic drugs, including Tikosyn unsuccessfully. Had an ablation and went back into fib. Took amioderone, which I reacted to, so came off of that and had ablation number 2. Shortly after that went into Atrial flutter and at that time (over 2 years ago) went on Tykosyn for the second time, this time successfully.

Comment from: gladys75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 28

very sick and nauseated, diahreaa on and off , loss of appetite, feels like her heart is beating funny and very hard, she says she feels very weak after her heart acts like this, she has been in atrial fib for a year, had a crt pacemaker placed a year ago.she was put on this medicine for Vtach after my defibrillator went off.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: November 25

Scar tissue after open heart surgery caused my atrial flutters. Several other medications didn't work or lowered my blood pressure making me lightheaded. Had two ablations that were not successful. Tikosyn at .5 mg has put and kept my heart in rhythm for 7 months. I only feel occasional palpitations. I have my energy back and no longer feel out of breath when climbing steps or carrying items or walking uphill. I feel years younger!

Comment from: cmt35-44on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: July 08

After a year of passing out up to 8 times a day, and testing every week with every cardiologist in town, I finally found someone to believe me when my holter moniter results were off the charts. The I met the most wonderful doctor you saved my quality of life by introducing me to tikosyn. I take one every morning and I'm a new person!

Comment from: hhjj75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 22

after the 2nd doses I felt much better and the fluttering stopped. I started this medication in the hospital at 500 mg per day combined with 2 low doses of 81 mg Bayer asperine per day. Up to now it works very well for me.

Comment from: Val75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 05

I have every reaction possible with this drug but am afraid to stop taking it because I do not want the irregular heart beat anymore, I am nauseated, extremely tired but can not sleep. Severe head pain, leg, foot, hip hand & arm pain. Also upper back pain so severe that it takes my breath away & almost always sinus infection, bronchitis & constant cough.

Comment from: Bonnit75 or overon Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 01

So many nasty side effects. I HOPE TO GET OFF OF IT VERY SOON.

Comment from: eli45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: December 12

i had emergency open heart surgery a year ago cabgx3 with mitral valve replacement have been chemically averted half a dozen times had 3 ablations then put in hospital for tikosyn 500mcg bid and coumadin cant sleep nervous anxiety all the time gained 30 plus lbs heart rate in 40's at nite and barely in 50's in day exertion as heart elevates severe shortness of breath constantly thirsty fatigued and joints ache vision blurrs but my heart is in sinus rhythm and pr and qrs intervals are good

Comment from: Vicki55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: November 17

Been in a fib for 5 months shocked 5 times. Was put on Tikosyn had to start it in the hospital for 4 days. Then my heart was shocked. Have been in rhythm ever since and feeling great. You have to take it every 12 hours so makes it easy to remember. It is not cheap I'm blessed to have great insurance. So thankful I started this med and if I stay in rhythm for 3 months I will be taken off of it.

Comment from: biff45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 11

I was prescribed tikosyn for V-tach after 2 ablations that didn't work and nasty side effects from metropolol. on 500 mcg 2x daily. Side effects are the same (trouble sleeping, no energy, etc) it seemed to work okay at first but currently having v-tach episodes just as severe and as often as b4 being diagnosed. next step is likely icd implant. probably shoulda just done that from the start but cardiologist was against it. also have a 50% blockage in main artery and now an enlarged heart. not sure whether its also because of the vtach or not. i really empathize with the other patients on this so called "wonder" drug!

Comment from: 55-64 Published: November 12

I seem to be the only one using it for Ventricular Tachycardia. I have had a defibrilator since Jan. In march they told me to "push It" I did and got de-fibed hard. In August I wasn't even doing any thing, went into v-tach, go full defib 3 times, it didn't work, but I came out of the V-Tach. Cardiologist decided on Tikosyn, 500 mcg 2 x a day, in hospital for 3 days, then he put me out for about 20 minutes, reversed the polarity on my defibrilator leads. Won't know if Tikosyn is working until of if I go into V-Tach again. Side effects have been extreme exhaustion, low blood pressure. Reduced it to 250 mcg 2 x daily, feel better, but if I do much, all my joint ache and burn. They tell me this is not a side effect??? I am a 59 yr old woman.

IMAGES