Timoptic

Comment from: Rosebud, 65-74 on Treatment for 5-10 years (Patient) Published: July 20

Have been on this medication for about 7 years. Intraocular pressure has dropped from 28 to 16. Great results...no problems.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: April 18

This seems to be working at present for me. I worry that my eyes will get used to it, and it wont work as well as it should.

Comment from: cynderella, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 12

I have started this for about 3 months now, had used before ,stopped as it burned, but have to use as other drugs are unaffective. I find it affects my breathing, and still burns. It makes me nausiated also. Hope to find a better solution for my eyes. It did bring down pressure, but side effects for me seem to be as bothersome.

Related Reading: burns

Comment from: Alvin, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: December 16

Simply did not work, The ophthalmologist wants my pressures in the 10 to 12 range; the best we could achieve is 16 to 18, which is my normal pressure without medication. So Timolol Maleate is not working. But, neither is any other pressure-lowering medication. I have tried at least five.

Related Reading: timolol

Comment from: Roxanne, 65-74 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 03

For the past three years, I have been applying one drop of Timolol .5 at 10 AM and one drop of Xalatan (aka Latanoprost) at 10 PM in both eyes. This combination has reduced my IOPs to the target level (less than 15), prevented further loss of visual field, and I have had no side effects.

Related Reading: xalatan | latanoprost

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

Doctor satisfied that pressure dropped from 28 to 21 within 2 months. However, when I reported daily lethargy and extreme foot pain, cold feet and hands he told me stop immediately. We are trying another drug but the foot pain has not subsided in 2 weeks.

Related Reading: foot pain

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 03

I've been using this medication (2 drops a day, morning and night) for 9 months. My eye pressure has dropped from 28 to 18.

Comment from: Easyman12357, 45-54 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 24

I have just recently started taking this med. After taking I get a drained feeling, a feeling of wanting to lay down and close my eyes.

Comment from: phyllis, 75 or over on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: May 29

I experience depression, ears feel clogged, center chest pain, and low blood pressure.