Toradol

Comment from: noadmcar55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 29

My pain started as a stiff neck. A few days later, the pain radiated to both my shoulders. I thought that the pain would go away, but it didn't. I finally went to Urgent Care and the Doctor gave me an injection of Toradol. It has been only 3 days, but I have not experienced any serious pain. Thanks.

Related Reading: toradol

Comment from: markgatton45-54 Published: October 11

I was given this in the ER for severe lower back pain due to degenerative disks in my lower back. It was adminstered IM and within 10 minutes I was back in bed. I had problems breathing, heart was racing, severe dizziness, blacking out and could barely hear. If I had not been near a chair, I would have hit the floor face first. The side effects are not worth it, atleast for me.

Related Reading: lower back pain | dizziness

Comment from: Welby19-24on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 17

While hospitalized for an Ulcerative Colitis flare, I suffered a severe migraine headache beginning at 2 am. Nothing touched the pain including morphine via IV. Finally, at a pain level of 9.5, I was given a dose of Toradol in my IV. I was markedly better in 15 minutes and pain free shortly thereafter. It felt like it saved my life. This was my first experience beyond Acetaminophen.

Comment from: crescentbeam8335-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 13

I am a 36 year old male who has reoccurring pancreatitis that often becomes unbearable y painful. I normally receive morphine or Dilaudid while being hospitalized for flare-ups but one doctor gave me Toradol IV. While the strong opiates work, they are short acting. This stuff helps immensely and works for hours longer, and any residual pain is usually taken care of with low dose morphine. It's an excellent drug for an inflamed pancreas I say!

Related Reading: morphine | dilaudid | toradol

Comment from: Janmiller112655-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 28

I had foot surgery this past Monday. Could not get ahead of the pain on Tuesday. My surgeon called in a script for Toradol, and it has made a HUGE difference. Today is Thursday and I have had 2 fairly pain free nights. This drug has helped me to start tapering down on Tylenol #3. I plan on giving my surgeon a big thank you when I see him next week. It is not worth suffering. There is help, you just need to reach out for it

Related Reading: toradol | tylenol

Comment from: Mike35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 14

I suffer from cluster headaches and they would give me Toradol injections which really didn't help much.They put me on DHE45 IV Solution but gave me Toradol pills for home use and again it would give little relief. Most insurances won't cover oxygen unless your oxygen level is very low or you have COPD,and oxygen can help a lot more without the downside of addiction. I still have to go in and have to get injections sometimes or to the hospital for DHE45 which takes 24 hours for just 1 bag to go through your system. As for Toradol my general practitioner will give me an injection if it is an emergency and I am out of my triptans.

Related Reading: toradol | copd

Comment from: No NSIDS35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 14

I had a hysterectomy and then suffered from Nausea, and all at once I had a severe pain in my side (kidneys) like I was hit with a two by four. Could not produce Urine and had to "squeeze" some urine out after about 6 or 7 hours. In retrospect pain was kidneys shutting down. Could not eat - nor drink but got discharged. After another day or so and a trip back to the ER I was finally diagnosed with Kidney failure as a result of the Torodal. IV fluids got my kidney's function back and no long-term issues surfaced.

Related Reading: kidney