Tracleer

Comment from: kelli, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: December 02

have been on tracleer since early 2004 and have had no problems with or from it. i was put on tracleer after being on flolan since feb 1998 when diagnosed with Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. it is a lot easier to take just two pills a day instead of having a 24 hour pump that you have to carry around. my pressures have been normal since put on flolan and have been healthy ever since. i'm hoping to be slowly taken off tracleer by my doctors soon. i hope to get taken off so i may get pregnant in the near future.

Related Reading: tracleer | flolan | pulmonary hypertension

Comment from: Nicole, 19-24 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: February 16

Hi there.. I was diagnosed with Primary Pulmonary Hypertension in 2006. I am 22. Side effects: Weight gain, but im back to normal. Overall: Lowered pressures in lungs, right side of heart back to normal size, rarely get chest pains, Slowed down leakage of valve. Still on medication but It saved my life!

Comment from: rose, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: November 29

Have been using it for 2-3 years now (2008) Benefits were slow in manifesting themselves however they did appear at 8 to 10 months into the programbetter breathing (exercize tolerance) more adequate profusion and general feel better. costs are high but worth it at this time

Comment from: Diane, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 29

I did not want to take this medication because I did not feel I was that bad and I did not like the side effects. My doctors convinced me I needed to take it. After about two months, I feel much stronger over all, and I do not get short of breath as quickly. I can do things it was very hard to do before.

Comment from: TRACEY, 45-54 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: April 02

MY STOMACH HURTS & I'M COUGHING ALOT

Comment from: Tom, 65-74 Female on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: January 03

Have been on Tracleer for 6 months, since initial diagnosis. Am on oxygen 24/7, which is awkward and uncomfortable. Have had no good effects from Tracleer - it could be progression of disease but I have gotten progressively worse. Not a lot of side effects and liver tests are good. Have some new joint pain but not sure if it is a side effect. Overall very disappointed in results.

Related Reading: tracleer | liver

Comment from: freeagain, 45-54 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: September 06

I thought it was helping me alittle until I stopped taking it and now I can breath and walk and am not blue. I feel great now that I take only diaretics, vitimins and subliments, and healthy eathing. Oh yeah.... and getting rid of all negative people in my life.

Comment from: tshuman, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

been on this drug for 3 mths. not sure it side effects are from this or other meds. all I know is that i don't have that pump anymore. breathing is about the same as with the pump and I do not use O2. I also have scleraderma

Comment from: sjay, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 01

been on for four months...I can see a little benefit and hoping to have more as I have been told it could take up to 6 months for benefits. I have developed heartburn and not sure if drug is cause. I am on oxygen 6 liters. I also drink a lot of water, not sure if it helps liver but can't hurt I think. Take care.....

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: katybeth, 35-44 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

Headacheas are terribble and my back is killing me..

Comment from: georgia, 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 30

I am having a lot of headaches, throat irration, coughing but I am walking better and able to stand without feeling like I am going to faint.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 12

Had most of the side effects noted. Had to stop after the start of the second month. Had weakness in hands and knees and unable to motivate.

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 27

I have been on tracleer for 90 days my last liver function test came back abnormal will repeat it.

Related Reading: tracleer | liver

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year Published: October 02

decrease in platlets

Comment from: nanny1ny, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 28

I have been on this drug for 4 months and I still am having problems with my breathing,I cant walk only a few feet before I have to stop,I,m on oxygen to.

Comment from: [email protected], 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 08

I am in my third month. I am taking 125 mgs.Started at 62.5 mgs. I have been on oxygen for 12 yrs. Am now at 6 liters - 24/7. I'm in my third year of Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. I believe the medication has helped me. I can walk more and longer. I've had headaches, flushing, fever like feelings, coughing, sinus like problems. I have my liver tested every month,so far so good. I also have asthma and am on allergy shots. Some of my problems could be related to the asthma. Over all I beleive this medication will prolong my life span.

Related Reading: fever | asthma | allergy

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: February 16

easy to take and so far no side effects

Comment from: cheekymoma, 55-64 on Treatment for 10+ years (Patient) Published: December 15

still have artery problems have clotin my ct scan

Comment from: acain, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 14

I've been on this medication for about 5 going on 6 months now in the first month i had headaches but they stopped. about half way thru the second month i started getting head rushes every time i stood up and if going from sitting on the floor to standing i would have to do it in stages or i would have fainted however this has now also stopped. Was reading another post that mentioned heartburn...I too have been getting way more heartburn then before and also a lot more gas causing burps. The pills seemed to be doing more for my breathing in the the first 2 or 3 months and i feel as though they have lost some effectiveness however i could have just forgotten how much worse my breathing really was before am still hopeful for a bit more improvement of symptoms as the Doc said it may take up to 8+ months for full effectiveness of this treatment. overall i have to say its has made activities easier to accomplish.

Related Reading: heartburn

Comment from: Prithivi, 25-34 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: August 17

I 32 on bosentan for 4 months feel better breathing and activity

Comment from: willie, 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: September 27

do not take this pill it is not worth it it cost 6300 dollars a month it caused me not to be able to go out in the sun for very long it feals like fiberglass iching spells from head to toe

Comment from: Lee Ann , 35-44 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 06

Have been on med for second time. First time med was started day one out of hospital after open lung biopsy. My chest tube site started to drain profusely. I stopped med. Chest tube site now infected but not leaking. Started med again, day 3 and Im so full of fluid. Call into dr office.

Comment from: Carol, 55-64 on Treatment for 2-5 years (Patient) Published: January 09

This medication has allowed increased stamina, and allows me to feel the energy I had before PAH

How to Lower Blood Pressure: Exercise Tips See Slideshow
Comment from: Dperkins0026, 25-34 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: October 11

I am trying this drug in a treatment for scleroderma. I am literally holding a bag of frozen veggies to my head. I have not experienced pain like this in years!!!!

Related Reading: scleroderma

Comment from: Dperkins0026, 25-34 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: November 10

Even with the severe headaches, I continued this drug for a few more weeks. I began having blood come through my stools and had to be taken off. Be careful with this drug (as well as any others)