Travatan

Comment from: maggie, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 27

It took me four weeks to figure out my uncomfortable side effects were from this drug, i.e.,upset stomach with gastro intestinal issues; change of bowel color every two days, chest pains (I thought it was heartburn), and I became very anxious. I have not had my IOP checked yet to see if 5 wks of the med helped. My doc is switching me to Timolol, a beta blocker. We shall see. I'm a little dubious, but I will try the new drug.

Related Reading: heartburn | timolol

Comment from: 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: July 22

My ocular pressures were were 25/26, normal 11-21. After using Travatan (1 drop each eye/night), my pressures were lowered to 14 and 16. Lazer surgery is one of my options, but I can handle one drop a day.

Related Reading: travatan

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 31

This medication has caused me to experience redness of eye, itching, watery eyes, feeling like something is in the eye and sensitivity to light. It has made using the computer more difficult especially when reading.

Comment from: 75 or over on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: November 12

appears making blood sugar rise after taking only two weeks. as to ratings above not sure too soon to know,disregard

Comment from: elsa, 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 10

my eye itchiness gone and no more headache

Related Reading: headache

Comment from: HelenElizabeth, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 01

I have been on this drug for a week now. The side effects that effected me were blurriness (hard to read road signs) and after I put it in, the drops seem to go into my throat and nose, then my nose starts running. I have to go back to dr in two weeks, so I don't know if my pressure has been lowered, so its hard for me to rate it.

Comment from: Cindy, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: April 03

This medication made my eyes very red, itchy and swelling around my eyes. I looked like I had "Vampire" eyes and it affected my breathing (SOB)as I have Asthma. Now using oral Glaucoma med that works great. Yes, longer lashes but at what cost to my health. This is same med advertized for longer lashes.

Related Reading: asthma | glaucoma

Comment from: nand, 55-64 Female Published: May 31

Blurred vision exists . i administered it only one week. then stopped due to blurred vision. after discontinuing the treatment the blurred vision exists for one week

Comment from: rosebud, 35-44 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: August 11

This has made me feel nausea, followed by blurred vision, depression & red itchy eyes. I have put on so much weight and i feel tired all the time. The side effects are terrible. Would not recommend...does anyone agree?

Comment from: Cheryl, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: September 25

Bad experience with Travatan Z. Although the drops didn't burn, my eye became fiery red and about 2 hours after instillation, I developed severe eye pain - a throbbing ache. The eye felt bruised, like I'd been punched in the eye. Also had severe sensitivity to light. No visual problem. Happened each of the 4 days I used it, so it didn't get better with time. Now on a different med.

Related Reading: travatan z

Comment from: Greeny, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: January 13

Worked fine for first 6 months. Pressures went from mid 20's to high teens. After a year pressures are up in the high 20's. Seems to lose effectiveness after a year.

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: Diane, 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: December 29

My eye pressure was up to 23 and the dr. put me on xalatan. Very bad side effects. Went with out meds and pressure went high. Dr. asked me to try travatan and I have been very pleased. No blood shot eyes,red eye lids or sensitivity to light. The only thing I have noticed is my eye lashes have gotten longer which for me is a good thing. I go back for my check up in 2 weeks and hope the pressure is down so I can stay on this med.

Related Reading: xalatan | travatan

Comment from: Edith, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: July 08

travatan did lower my IOP from 20/23 to 16/17 respectively left to right eye after 14 days of instilling drops at bed time.However the side effects of blurred vision and vision changes are very troublesome. aside from these noted side effects my eyes became highly sensitive to light and I experienced the first week of use low BP which is unusual as I am also taking Verapamil for Hypertension.today I experienced an episode of an abnormally slow heartbeat and a very high BP.As today was my follow up Appt. with my Ophthalmologist and hearing my adverse reactions he discontinued the Travatan but also not adding a new Medication at this time and we had some time to attempt a different drug on my next visit, his remark was that this Beta blocker acts like a poison in my case.the other symptoms less severe with Travatan were itchy eyes, red splotches under my eyes and irritated eyes.

Related Reading: verapamil

Comment from: 55-64 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: March 01

In one week my pressures went down 5 points. The only concern I have is in the 2nd week ,I am getting red blotches under my eyes. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Comment from: ojitos, 55-64 on Treatment for 6 months - 1 year (Patient) Published: November 10

I am experiencing hair growth under the eye, high on cheek where tears leak after putting in the drop. Very fine hair. Also the eye using the drops, eyelashes longer and darker than other eye. Anyone have this?

Comment from: brwneyes, 65-74 on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: May 13

It caused my eyes to get blurry, headache, sensitive to light, my brain felt like the blood vessels were either opening or closing and felt funny. Medication caused my sinus to get sinus headaches and runny nose...upset stomach...sticky/dry eyes, sensitive to light. I have been off for a few days and still having trouble with blurriness.

Related Reading: headache | dry eyes

Comment from: MSK, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 09

Currently in my 5th week of using this medication. Only needed in one eye that had a pressure of 18. After 4 weeks, pressure went down to 11, so it's working well and I've had no side effects.

Comment from: Cassie, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: May 06

My eye pressure was in the late 20s in both eyes within 4 weeks it was in the teens so its working. Side effects are eyelash growth, hair growing under my eyes, feeling very anxious all the time and can get depressed. Gas, stomach upset. Red blotchy skin on my face, bloodshot eyes, blurring vision at times. Increased appetite I have put 14 pounds on in weight in the first 5 weeks of using Travoprost. Calorie counting and exercising a lot but can't shift the weight, I have never been overweight in my life always been slim. Seeing the consultant in July will ask for advice. Has anyone else gained weight?

Related Reading: teens

Comment from: cactusflower, on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: February 17

I have been using the drops for about two weeks. I have had very bad reactions to the drug which ended up putting me in the hospital with severe chest pains. Doctor has taken me off but my liver enzeymes are high and I have to have more testing.

Related Reading: liver

Comment from: 65-74 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: December 28

Has decreasd pressure in both eyes but one eye is itchy and sometimes crusty, also have burning redness on skin under eye this eye.

Comment from: MARK, 65-74 Female on Treatment for less than 1 month (Patient) Published: November 23

DRADYCARDIA WAS EXPERIENCED BY ME. I AM AN DISTANCE RUNNER WHO SUFFERS FROM P.S.V.T . I AM ON ''TAMBOCOR''WHICH IS WORKING FINE I AM TRAINING AND RACING AGAIN. AFTER TAKING TRAVATAN FOR 13 DAYS I HAD A HARD RUNNING AND MY H.R. WAS AROUND 21 BPM SLOWER THAN NORMAL.

Related Reading: tambocor | travatan

Comment from: Cine, 45-54 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: October 22

Although the drug has been effective in correcting my eye pressures, I have had a reaction to it. It has made my face break out and I was wondering if anyone els had this reaction?!! If so, how did you treat the rash?

Related Reading: rash

Comment from: annie306, 55-64 on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: January 11

Until I read someone else's review I didn't realize that the terrible GI problems I started having were due to the Travatan. Terrible upset stomach, flatulence and diarrhea to the point where I'm afraid to leave the house.

Related Reading: travatan | diarrhea

Comment from: 55-64 Female on Treatment for 1-2 years (Patient) Published: September 13

Travatan has been effective for me for the last two years with the reduction in the pressure,but with side effects like itching and redness in the eye. However, recently my wife noticed hair growth under my eyes. I did not believe that Travatan did it until I read one of the reviewers had the same effects. Not sure what to do now until I see my doctor next month.

Comment from: Mark 1000000, 45-54 Female on Treatment for 1-6 months (Patient) Published: March 10

Worked fine in lowering the pressure in my eyes (from late 20s/30) to 14/15 but I experienced growth of eye lashes (not that this can categorically be attributed to the taking of this drug) to the extent that they made my eyes sore and red (apart from looking very feminine!). For anybody else suffering similarly, try cutting eye lashes with nail scissors. Not easy but did the trick for me. Changed to another drug. A shame.