Travatan Z

Comment from: Irenben72755-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 17

I have been using Travatan Z for 5 months now. My eye lashes have grown and my IOP has gone down. I am happy about the lowering of my eye pressure but I am not too happy about the price. It is very expensive! But it has less side effects. For now. I think.

Comment from: Goodboy45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 17

The first day I used this product my vision was very blurred and my entire eye and the area around my eye was red and swollen. The pain in my eye was so intense that I had a headache with nausea all day. I will never take this product or any like medication again. It has discouraged me from using any drops at all. Not sure I want to chance this terrible experience again. What is the chance of this damaging my eye?

Comment from: blessed81345-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 22

I started taking the medicine in January, using 1 drop per night. In about 3 months, my eye was red,dry, very painful and very sensitive to light. My eye doctor sent me to a specialist who've since then taken me off the medicine and gave me other eye drops. I even had to take a pain killers, because the pain was so bad. The problems still exist, and I'm having a little trouble reading and focusing even with my glasses on.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 13

Didn't cause the eye swelling that I had with Alphagan P but afer using for two weeks I started having insomnia, chest pains, anxity and extremely high blood pressure come on thirty minutes after using the drops. Thought it was a different issue but the same thing happened two days in a row. I have stopped using the drops.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 04

THE FIRST TIME I USED THIS, WHEN I GOT UP THE NEXT DAY MY EYES WERE DRY AND BLOODSHOT. THE SECOND TIME I USED THEM MY EYES WERE SWOLLEN SHUT, BURNING, AND I HAD A TERRIBLE HEADACHE. I AM AFRAID TO USE THEM AGAIN.

Comment from: greatestmem65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: September 17

After using Travatan for three months, my pressures did drop from 16 to 14; but after cataract surgery, still on the Travatan, I suddenly developed a blind spot on one eye which the ophthalmologist said is macular edema - a severe side effect resulting from the use of Travatan. So now I am slowing going blind...will NEVER touch Travatan again!

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 16

I have been on Travatan Z almost 2 years. Yes, it brings the pressure down. Yes, it is easy to use. However, it has always stung when used and I have been more light sensitive. Worse, beginning about a month ago, the sting, the burn, the watering, the redness has become intolerable. At first I thought I had an infection but an appointment last week showed I did not. The doc said the eyes were very dry and to keep them irrigated although he said the Travatan could also be the cause. I have been doing this but the drops seem to make the symptoms worse. I am waiting today to get the prescription changed. I want to gouge my eyes out the discomfort is so extreme.

Comment from: joan75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 23

After 2 consecutive night treatments ,12 hours later I experienced terrible weakness, chills, some blood pressure increase and heart slowness. symptoms lasted 4 to 5 hours;unable to function the rest of the day. 3 days later, tried the drops again and again suffered weakness, some dizziness and total lethargy. I'll never touch the drops again.

Comment from: Peechus75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 12

After 5 days of use, I experienced horrendous chest pain that radiated entirely around my torso. The longer I used the drug the worse the pain became.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 09

Comment from: Madigan275 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 21

My doctor put me on it because Xalatan wasn't bringing my pressure down enough to suit her. In about four weeks I could barely see out of my left eye and both eyes felt as thought I was looking through a fog, or a cloud. I stopped taking them and she put me on another drop. I'm not sure Travatazn-x hasn't really damaged my eyes.

Comment from: John75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 17

took Travatan Z for almost a year be for I had over all weakness, Headaches, & some dizzeness.

Published: May 10

Caused yellow discoloration in the whites of my eyes,and eye irritation.

Comment from: redrock55-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: August 02

Been taking Travatan for years. It has been very effective at lowering my pressure and, compared to other treatment regimens, is simple and straightforward to use. Occasionally causes eye redness and feels like foreign object in eye. Very annoying but this passes after a few days. The alternative of potential blindness means that I will put up with some annoying side effects and the inconvenience of daily drops.

Comment from: jerrymfishing65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: December 19

After 6 months of use the drug has been very effective at lowering eye pressure. One unsightly side affect of red eyelids.

Comment from: 25-34on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 20

Decreased the pressure in my eyes immediately. I have trouble with putting the drops in my eyes at times.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 14

My eye pressure was at 27 (in each eye) and after several years of monitoring my eyes for glaucoma, my eye doctor recommended that I go on and start these drops. I began taking them (one in each eye at bedtime) about a month ago. At my follow up visit a few days ago, my pressure has come down to 15 (in each eye) and I can feel the difference it has made on my eyes. These drops have not given me any discomfort, trouble, or issues. I am very sensitive to medications and usually experience bad side effects. With these drops, I have not experienced any bad side effects at all. The first week, it did feel like something was in my eye, but that sensation went away after continuous use. My eyelashes have grown as a result of taking these drops. This has been one beneficial side effect! I highly recommend this product and will continue to take it as prescribed by my eye doctor.

Comment from: d.d.65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: August 08

Works fine for glaucoma pressure. Very expensive--ask your dr. for samples if you don't have ins. coverage. Pull lower lid down a bit and drop the solution in the lower lid pocket.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 11

While initially experiencing a sensation of grit in my eye, I now have no discomfort at all using this medication. It has been very effective in lowering my eye pressure.

Comment from: unionplus75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: May 02

These drops caused the area around my eyes to swell and redden. I used for only 2 days before seeing my eye doc again.

Comment from: lovelyMe25-34on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: July 31

Overall, the drug is okay. Sometimes it stings when I use it and other times, it doesn't. Also, I sometimes have sinus issues after using this drug. Other than that, I haven't had any significant issues with it.

Comment from: [email protected] or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: May 28

It is difficult to answer the above questions. My eye pressure seems to be under control. However, I am experiencing #s of side effects. shortness of breath, heart problems, weakness etc. I have been on travatan for many years and more recently travatanZ

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: July 03

Have only been using it for 3 mos. Is there a generic equivalent?

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: September 06

Several side effects. Burning and hurting of my nose. ear aches my head gets congested my eyes and my head hurts, dry eyes

Comment from: 7-12on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 26

(caregiver writing) my daughter has juvenile glaucoma and has used travatan z for 10 months. she has had side effects like bloodshot eyes, longer/thicker lashes, and maybe dry eyes. IOP has slowly gone down which is very encouraging. we like the 1 drop per night ease of usage. here's a great tip from doctor to apply the 1 drop onto the corner of eye with eye closed, then allow drop to absorb down into eye (can blink a little if needed).

Comment from: hiqual45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 07

I have been using Travatan Z for about a month. The only side effects have been redness in the eye and dryness. I have had cataract surgery in one eye and I use the drops in both eyes, very effective in dropping the pressure.

Comment from: helenmj65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 24

I now have headaches and increased sensitivity to light. My eyes had been so sore, but because I was blind before my surgery several years ago, I took them for many years. Very dissatisfied with the outcome. Not a treatment.

QUESTION

What causes dry eyes? See Answer
Comment from: lancia4165-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 05

I recently had newly discovered eye pressure readings of 24 and 40. After two weeks on Travatan Z, my pressures dropped to 14 and 18, which are 42% and 45% reductions. Any side effects I'm feeling are insignificant compared to the high probability of blindness from not taking medication.

Comment from: bassman65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: March 09

lower eye pressure,eye lids red, after 3 months had ED for first time ever.has anybody had this problem

Comment from: docsjunkshop75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 19

using travatan for eye pressure,in both eyes.right eye was operated on for catracts,have a plastic that side will this drug bother that? ?presure is in left eyeget bad ache in right when it is used nothing in left any one know?

Comment from: Michaelle45-54on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: April 12

I have been using Travatan Z for a few months and in one eye my pressure has improved but for the eye that needs it the most my pressure has gotten worse. Going back to the eye doc tomorrow to get final results. Since I started the drops my right eye flutters like crazy. So bad that it was starting to annoy me. I have forgotten the administer the drops the last two nights and my eye hasn't be fluttering. Not sure if that is a side effect but feels nice not to keep rubbing my eye. Has anyone else experienced the eye flutter since taking Travatan?

Comment from: Dad65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 09

My pressures were 26 and 32 before treatment. After 3 months of Travatan Z use at bedtime, my pressures are now down to 21 and 26 and holding steady at those levels. I have had no side effects from Travatan Z. My doc wants further pressure reduction so he has added morning drops of Betimol.

Comment from: Gene65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 04

i have hard time putting drops in my eyes .,is there an easy way of puttind the drops in i am 73 years old thank you Eugene Kimble

Comment from: travatanz75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: February 20

it makes my throat more sensative and nose runny if I apply it without care and do not blot away the excess.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 24

Started using drops a week ago, since then my blood pressure has become erratic. Extremely high in the A.M. then bottoming out very low in the P.M. My blood pressure was great before starting the medication. Also,it feels like there is a huge stick poking me in the eye. Having headaches. Stopping this medication and consulting with another Eye Specialist.

Comment from: jagram5355-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 06

It seems to do what it is supposed to do. Some redness, dry, but longer and thicker lashes which I love.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: March 29

Used travatanz & vision declined rapidly before cataract surgery. After surgery L eye 20/20 R 20/30 but eyes red, felt like sand in them, with pain behind eyes. Dr. recommended lubricant drops. Vision decline now L 20/30 R 20/40. Didn’t consult Dr. and discontinued using Travatanz. Have excluded nonocular side effects! Will vision improve after discontinued use? Unable to see rxlist terms & conditions. Disconnected when tried to submit this review the 1st time.

Comment from: patzy55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: January 15

My eyelashes are finally thickening!Iris is getting darker, but no problem.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: October 26

No side effects! Works Great!

Comment from: jbowman45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 24

Increased sensitivity to light, eye pain, itchiness of the eyes, crustiness in the am when I wake up and eye pain.

Comment from: ONE EYE55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: October 27

REDNESS, ITCHY ,WATERY, AND EYES FEEL STICKY AND ACHE

Comment from: care45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 16

eyes sore

Comment from: Ladyinref65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: April 15

Took for 3 years told doc my panic was up very dizzy had to sleep or try to sleep so I did not feel the side effects I did want to leave house cause so dizzy n off balance doc said that can't be after 3years well so funny doc stopped on my own and could function not sure what will do on my next visit probably tell me to find another doc I have shots in my eyes he said if u don't take meds no shots tried all the meds not work as I am so sensitive to all meds don't no what 2 do

Comment from: Katy55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: December 19

Travatan is extremely expensive. My vision is getting worse and the sinus pressure that is causing is almost unbearable. Of course my ophthalmologist says Do Not Stop using the drops. I hate it.

Comment from: hippapa45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: February 11

just started my head hurts and i have an unusual dual optic nerve yes 2 optic nerves in one eye and i am close to being blind and the drs are lining up to see this dual optic nerve and im in pain hope one of them can find out how to help me

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 1-6 months Published: February 26

I have some trouble gettihg the drops in exactly on the first try. Also I am an early morning person and when I am ready to settle down for the evening to read, watch TV, etc, I often fall asleep and then it's 1:00, 2:00, 3:00 am and don't know if I should put in the drops then or skip a day. Also, it stings a little when I put in the drops and I have a constant red lines in the whites of the eye that I've never had before I started using Travatan.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: January 15

Comment from: alaconis @aol.com75 or overon Treatment for 1-2 years Published: October 07

has been very effective

Comment from: JimmyM55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: May 11

My IOP has dropped significantly, however my vision has worsened, am much more sensitive to light and have overall eye discomfort.

Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) Symptoms, Causes, Treatments See Slideshow