Trental

Comment from: Robbie65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: October 12

When I first began this medication, it made me very dizzy, so instead of taking it 3 times a day, I took it 2 times a day--once in the evening and once the next morning. The symptoms began subsiding (skin breakouts, itching, allergic flare-ups). I had been in severe pain. Once I began the medication, the pain was GREATLY reduced in approximately 4 weeks. The pain lessened as time when on. By 8 weeks, the pain was almost gone. Then it plateaued and stayed there as slight pain. By then I had taken 90 days' worth of the tablets. Since my prescription was still open, I ordered another refill of 90. I am still having slight pain, which is exacerbated when I walk steps or climb hills, but it is MUCH better than it was! I couldn't even walk at all! I will continue to take the medication, and am scheduled to see my doctor in about a month to see what he says. I am a 65-year-old black female, and diabetic. Hope this helps someone.

Comment from: potra5745-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 11

I have been taking Trental for 11 and 1/2 years and have had no side effects that I know of.I take alot of meds. so all I know is that latetly it's not been working to well.I'm on the highest dose.Don't know if maybe I need more excercise.I get terrible cramping and pain at night.Oh and for those of you who are worried about it disappering from the market..don't worry it just gets scarce from time to time...

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: March 31

It seems to help me, I take so many other medications, so I'm not sure of their full affect.

Comment from: zatatz3375 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 05

I have taken Trental for several years,and have had no side effects. My pharmacist told me that it had been discontiued. They gave me Pentoxifylline, after taking them for a few days, I noticed that I was getting a headache so I stopped taking them.

Comment from: 55-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 12

I have been taking this drug for the past 15 years and it has helped me. I have been trying to gem my prescription refilled and the drug store told me it is no longer made. I have read the posts and there a quite a few in the same boat as me and no one seems to know why and what will replace it. If anyone has any info gets any info on this please post it.

Comment from: [email protected] or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 28

81 year old male has an occluded abdominal aorta with very poor circulation in both legs for over 19 years. Trental seems to help prevent severe cramping while walking even though I can only walk short distance. I have not had any side effects that I am aware. I take 3 pills w/food 3 times per day.

Comment from: slcalcut75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 10

experienced low blood pressure

Comment from: chris35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 23

I'm taking Trental for Peyronies disease. I suffer from SVT which I told my dr. After 2 doses of Trental (1 night, 1 next AM), I suffered the worse SVT attack in years. My heart beat was weak, unable to correct itself and I felt faint as a result. Doing my normal corrective techniques I got it under control. 24 hrs later I'm still not right but getting better. For me, I have to stop taking Trental. Given my experience I would suggest SVT sufferers take heed when considering Trental.

Comment from: goldieann13on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: July 08

brittle nails , ever since i took it, read somewhere it causes the nails to be brittle

Comment from: trental65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 24

severe dizziness on occasion

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 5-10 years Published: December 10

HAD LEG CRAMPS. GONE NOW.

Comment from: Cxanthlvr55-64on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: June 16

I have been taking this drug for 3yrs with great relief of my leg cramping! But,over the last 3 months my pharmacy and others have been unable to acquire it from the manufacturer.It is always on backorder!It's terrible not being able to get the drug that has helped you feel and live better! What is going on that the drug manufacturer is not supplying this to the pharmacies???

Comment from: 45-54 Published: April 23

For those of you looking for info on Trental. I checked into this for my mom. The drug is backordered. I found nothing which stated from Sanofi-Aventis, or the FDA that the drug was discontinued. Hang in their.

Comment from: jmaybe55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 11

I have been told by my pharmacist that the company is no longer making this medication. My personal physician knows nothing about this. Does anyone have any information on this? Is there a substitute medication?

Comment from: potra5745-54on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: January 27

I've had no side effects or problems with this medication.I 've been taking 400mg. 3 timees daily for thr past 9 years.When I went to get my refill today,the farmacy said their not recieving it.I had my husband call his farmacy and 3 others in another area.2 said it was discontinued and the other just didn't have it.Does anyone know if it really has been discotinued? I don't like changes especially with something that 's worked good with no side effects.I take alot of meds.They all get along well.I don't want to risk changing that.

Comment from: [email protected] Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 16

company has discontinued product what is compatible to this drug

Comment from: kybecky2955-64on Treatment for 10+ years Published: July 02

This medication has worked for me for over 20 years.

Comment from: juliegirl44155-64on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: June 21

I have also been told that Trental and Pentoxifylline are not being made any longer. Why??? This medication works. I tried Plavix once and it gave me terrible pains in my legs. Can we get the manufacturer to please make this medication??/

Comment from: billyp65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 20

I have been taking this drug for scleraderma for 25 years. It eliminated the ulcers on my fingers and as far as I am concerned is a Godsend. It certainly is available.

Comment from: always hopeful55-64on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: January 11

I have ringing in the ears. I was told by a doctor I had to live with this condition. I was not going to settle for this. I went and saw the best doctor in the country for my condition,and he gave me this drug to take. It has helped me so much and my ringing in my ears is almost gone. Always get a second opinion.I hope this helps helps someone.

Comment from: 35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: August 29

Woe the agitation that has come on from on set of this drug. Will it go away?

Comment from: 75 or overon Treatment for 10+ years Published: May 21

taken for 15 years with no side effects

Comment from: myjoyznhim45-54on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: February 01

My dermatologist prescribed this medication to help with a not so common skin condition, GA, and it worked wonders after 2 months of 400mg 3xdaily. Then my condition started to get bad again but I did not know that smoking (which I started up again recently)decreases the efficiency of the drug dramatically. I wish the doctor would have told me this before I started the medication but don't know if that is the total reason why my treatment failed. I am still taking it but am doubtful as to it's beneficial. I have had trouble in the past filling this prescription, but my pharmacist checked another pharmacy and they had it in, otherwise, no problems getting the medication. Is there anyone else out there that has an usual experience with this medication that effects their skin or other side effects? I hope this helps someone.

Comment from: 65-71on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: May 18

Comment from: Sam65-71on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: June 11

Comment from: Goaman65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: September 14

I've just started taking Trental 400 sustained release so can't assess it yet but it's definitely available from Sanofi. September 2015. I've had to give a rating in order to post.

Comment from: rex2155-64on Treatment for 6 months to - 1 year Published: July 05

I have been on this med for about six months for Behecet's syndrome and have experienced at times severe dizzenes, swollen feet , and tiredness. I am asking my doctor to take me off asap and find trie another med.

Comment from: Louise65-71on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: June 29

I have Erythomelalgia and was prescribed Trental. I have been taking it for 3 weeks and my symptoms seem to be getting worse, not better. Not sure if this is the right medication to treat this condition.

Spider & Varicose Veins: Causes, Before and After Treatment Images See Slideshow
Comment from: pentoxify45-54on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: April 11

drug makes me feel like a zombie

Comment from: clentise75 or overon Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 12

can it make me sleepy?

Comment from: axxo35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 08

I live in Egypt, Cairo and I just wanted to let you know that this drug is readily available here.

Comment from: mary55-64on Treatment for 1-2 years Published: March 03

The generic is pentoxifylline.

Comment from: Mam65-71on Treatment for 10+ years Published: February 24

Husband has taken drug for nearly 25 years..for Raynaud's syndrome (Cold intolerance) The generic is no longer available...The brand (Trental) is very expensive...but, it is the only drug for this condition...Unfortunate in a wealthy country we have these situations.

Comment from: 45-54on Treatment for 2-5 years Published: February 20

I have been taking this medicine for four years, to improve blood flow to my fingers. I too just tried to get a refill and was told it is not available.How can it no longer be made by any company? and what will replace it? If anyone gets information please share it.

Comment from: pinkrosegardn35-44on Treatment for 1-6 months Published: August 24

Has anyone on this medication had any change in kidney funtion? My function has dropped to 27% from 76% in just a few months. Just wondering....