Treximet

Comment from: DL35-44on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: March 02

I had some pretty uncomfortable side effects from the med. The first time I took this medication, I had a migraine for over 48 hours, so I was not sure if what I was feeling was due to the medication. The side effects were a feeling of being overheated, and tightness from the back of my neck through my jaw and up through the top of my head. It did stop my migraine after about an hour and a half though. The second time I took this was at the onset of a migraine, and I had the very same feeling. Although, it took away my migraine, my provider and I will try another medication as I was extremely uncomfortable (physically) when I took the meds... so much so I felt like my blood pressure was through the roof.

Comment from: Pippi45-54on Treatment for 10+ years Published: January 04

Treximet is one of the few medications that have alleviated my migraines (Relpax also worked for years, until it stopped working as well). I experience only light side-effects (burn in jaw the first couple chews after taking it, sensitivity to hot water, feelings of weakness) that have seemed to decrease over the years. I'm not even sure if the weakness and sleepiness are from Treximet or just migraine sx that I don't notice when in pain, but notice when the pain is alleviated and the more subtle affects of migraine are left. I am so thankful for this med that allows me to lead a mostly normal life! I just wish I could get more than 9 pills per Rx and that I hadn't had experiences with it being cancelled by my insurance or being difficulty to renew in the past. It's just awful when you are in severe pain and trying to work with ins to get meds. Now I know to only look for an ins plan that allows this med! (Strangely, I tried Sumatriptan and Naproxin Sodium separately in the same dosages and it did not work nearly as well. I wish I understood why for me Treximet works, but not the separate pills.)

Related Reading: treximet | relpax | sumatriptan

Comment from: Cookie65-71on Treatment for 5-10 years Published: July 17

Migraines are usually triggered by changes in weather. Treximet usually works in an hour or two. The cost of Treximet has doubled for me in the last two years. As a Tier 3 drug my insurance requires me to pay 30% of the cost. Two years ago I paid $460 for 27 pills. This month it is costing me $900. Treximet is the only thing that works for me. I used Imitrex until I had an asthma attack.

Related Reading: treximet | imitrex | asthma

Comment from: Kel55-64on Treatment for less than 1 month Published: December 27

Only medication that relieves my migraines.